Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 AM   #951
gstelmack
Pro Starter

No, no ideas.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #952
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

DBUpdater User Error Issue:

I had to a resim for FOWL. I thought I reverted everything, but it's crapping out at the transactions. I tried using an empty transaction table, even, and nothing. Little help?

Quote:
Writing franchise performances...Done! (0 added)
Exception Hit, aborted!
NHibernate.ADOException: Unable to perform find ---> System.ArgumentException: The value "" is not of type "System.Int32" and cannot be used in this generic collection.
Parameter name: value
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowWrongValueTypeArgumentException(Object value, Type targetType)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.VerifyValueType(Object value)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.System.Collections.IList.Add(Object item)
at NHibernate.Util.ArrayHelper.AddAll(IList to, IList from)
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Find(CriteriaImpl criteria, IList results)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Find[T](CriteriaImpl criteria)
at NHibernate.Impl.CriteriaImpl.List[T]()
at DBUpdater.DBUpdaterForm.DoTransactionUpdates()
at DBUpdater.DBUpdaterForm.RunUpdate()
System.ArgumentException: The value "" is not of type "System.Int32" and cannot be used in this generic collection.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowWrongValueTypeArgumentException(Object value, Type targetType)
DB connection closed.
Finished!
Run Time: 0min 25sec
Old 06-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #953
gstelmack
Pro Starter

It's trying to find the last transaction used for the season. Wiping the transaction table was the wrong way to do it, you needed to leave a couple probably. This most likely means you want to start over on the current season, wiping everything from this season and changing the stage info back to the end of the prior season. Then it should update again for the current season.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #954
Subby
lolzcat

d'oh!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #955
Ben E Lou

Fixed, and thanks!
Old 06-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #956
Tasan
College Starter

I've searched around and I can't find the answer. Is there any way to use an Analyzer Dump to update the Draft Analyzer to mark the players already taken?
Old 06-27-2009, 06:43 PM   #957
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
I've searched around and I can't find the answer. Is there any way to use an Analyzer Dump to update the Draft Analyzer to mark the players already taken?

Paste the Analyzer Dump into the bottom right text square in the draft analyzer and then press the button.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #958
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post

lol?
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:04 PM   #959
Tasan
College Starter

Thanks Alan for the help. That's just what I needed.

Greg, thanks for this wonderful utility. I love all the little things you've added, like the "most likely" bars and all the other great stuff. Keep up the good work.

and thanks sov, for the infinite help there. lol? I asked because I didn't see any logical way to do it, nor any instructions on how to do it. Real helpful.

Last edited by Tasan : 06-27-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:01 AM   #960
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

sowwy.

It's just that the analyzer dump was specifically programmed for the draft analyzer. just thought it was a little funny.

Last edited by sovereignstar : 06-28-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:56 AM   #961
jimmyb
n00b

I'm teaching myself VB, and would like to write a very specific fof utility (I'd share it). Greg, could you be kind enough to share the proprietary file formats of the LIVE files, or point me in the right direction. I've been seaching on "file formats" in the forums, and it's much to sift through.

I want to write a player viewer (much like the game uses) with checkboxes over the ratings columns. As I check boxes, the program would compute an average rating (in a new column) of the columns checked. Some ratings (such as QB scrambling) I prefer to sift out when I see a player rating average. I could use multiple rows of checkboxes to see a variety of specific averages side by side.

thanks in advance
jimmyb

Last edited by jimmyb : 07-11-2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: misspellings
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:02 AM   #962
jdavidbakr
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
I'm teacing myself VB, and would like to write a very specific fof utility (I'd share it). Greg, could you be kind enough to share the proprietary file formats of the LIVE files, or point me in the right direction. I've been seaching on "file formats" in the forums, and it's much to sift through.

I want to write a player viewer (much like the game uses) with checkboxes over the ratings columns. As I check boxes, the program would compute an average rating (in a new column) of the colums checked. Some ratings (such as QB scrambling) I prefer to sift out when I see a player rating average.

thanks in advance
jimmyb

I'm pretty sure the rating data is encrypted in the files. You'll probably be better off running an extractor report and parsing the csv files. Greg's code actually cycles through the player cards and pulls the data from the window, not from the actual file.
jdavidbakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #963
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavidbakr View Post
I'm pretty sure the rating data is encrypted in the files. You'll probably be better off running an extractor report and parsing the csv files. Greg's code actually cycles through the player cards and pulls the data from the window, not from the actual file.

Yup.

We know a lot of the binary format, but aren't sharing it widely for a variety of reasons. But ratings are encrypted, hence Extractor.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:52 PM   #964
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Version 1.9.6 Released!

A minor fix to DBUpdater and Interrogator so they have the correct city index for teams that have moved from what the fni file has for their starting city.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #965
Alf
Pro Starter

small Q : do you know if anyone made your suite work under Wine for Linux ?
Old 08-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #966
gstelmack
Pro Starter

No, I don't. Most of it is in C#, so do they have .NET for Wine?
Old 09-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #967
whomario
Pro Starter

fired up FOF 2k7 after a long time, can´t remember a lot it seems ...

Where does extractor save the files ? In the same folder as i´m running it from ?
I am on Vista and can´t find it anywhere really. Running Vista with an admin and a personal acount and play in the personal one, is that possibly the issue ?

cheers in advance,

mario
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:03 PM   #968
OldSchool
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
fired up FOF 2k7 after a long time, can´t remember a lot it seems ...

Where does extractor save the files ? In the same folder as i´m running it from ?
I am on Vista and can´t find it anywhere really. Running Vista with an admin and a personal acount and play in the personal one, is that possibly the issue ?

cheers in advance,

mario

documents/stelsmacksoft or something like that
OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #969
whomario
Pro Starter

thanks, found it still can´t wrap my head around saving game files in the documents folder , every game i am dumbstruck again ... doesn´t speak well for me i guess

Last edited by whomario : 09-04-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #970
whomario
Pro Starter

another one : didn´t there used to be a custom "weights" configuration , i think by Ben E Lou, included in the package at some point ? Wasn´t all at 50%/middle i am pretty sure. I know i can change it but i am so out of the game right now not having played in ages that a preset would be great to draw conlusions from.
Would anyone happen to have one he´d share ?

had my hard drive deleted a while back and didn´t save the FOF folders to my external drive ...
Old 09-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #971
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Attached are my weights.

Ben, MalcPow, RKG, and the rest can stop laughing now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DraftAnalyzer.zip (624 Bytes, 315 views)
Old 09-05-2009, 04:55 AM   #972
whomario
Pro Starter

thanks a ton
Old 09-05-2009, 04:06 PM   #973
nickelback
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Attached are my weights.

Ben, MalcPow, RKG, and the rest can stop laughing now.

Well I think they are pretty good. I ran a draft last night with your weight and ended up with a 59/59 WR (5th round - started 15/32) and a 67/67 DT (6th round - started 10/19). I quit testing after about your 5 or 6, not sure how much higher they could have gotten.
nickelback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #974
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Been trying to import past seasons into a database using DB updater. Looked like it worked fine for the first season. During the import of the 2nd season I get all of this. I don't have all the past Solevision files. Is that the cause? Will that be an issue regardless if it was the problem or not?

Code:
Loading game data... Reading file Imperial.fju Reading file Imperial.fpd Reading file Imperial26.2011 Game data loaded, processing database... Connected to MySQL server 72.249.64.34 version: 5.0.85-community MySQL connection closed. DB connection opened. Game Stage set to 2011 Season End Writing cities...Done! (0 new, 169 updated) Writing teams...Done! Writing team stadiums...Done! Writing franchise performances...Done! (32 added) Writing new transactions...Done! (3621 added) Writing team schedules...Done! (662 new, 0 updated) Writing game results...Done! (331 added, 32 drives added) Writing player game stats... Exception Hit, aborted! NHibernate.ADOException: could not insert: [DBUpdater.Tables.FofPlayergamestats][SQL: INSERT INTO fof_playergamestats (PlayerID, Year, Week, Team, GamePlayed, GameStarted, PassAttempts, PassCompletions, PassYards, LongestPass, TDPasses, INTThrown, TimesSacked, SackedYards, RushAttempts, RushingYards, LongestRun, RushTD, Catches, ReceivingYards, LongestReception, ReceivingTDs, PassTargets, YardsAfterCatch, PassDrops, PuntReturns, PuntReturnYards, PuntReturnTDs, KickReturns, KickReturnYards, KickReturnTDs, Fumbles, FumbleRecoveries, ForcedFumbles, MiscTD, KeyRunBlock, KeyRunBlockOpportunites, SacksAllowed, Tackles, Assists, Sacks, INTs, INTReturnYards, INTReturnTDs, PassesDefended, PassesBlocked, QBHurries, PassesCaught, PassPlays, RunPlays, FGMade, FGAttempted, FGLong, PAT, PATAttempted, Punts, PuntYards, PuntLong, PuntIn20, Points, OpposingTeamID, ThirdDownRushes, ThirdDownRushConversions, ThirdDownPassAttempts, ThirdDownPassCompletions, ThirdDownPassConversions, ThirdDownReceivingTargets, ThirdDownReceivingCatches, ThirdDownReceivingConversions, FirstDownRushes, FirstDownPasses, FirstDownCatches, FG40PlusAttempts, FG40PlusMade, FG50PlusAttempts, FG50PlusMade, PuntNetYards, SpecialTeamsTackles, TimesKnockedDown, RedZoneRushes, RedZoneRushingYards, RedZonePassAttempts, RedZonePassCompletions, RedZonePassingYards, RedZoneReceivingTargets, RedZoneReceivingCatches, RedZoneReceivingYards, TotalTDs, TwoPointConversions, PancakeBlocks, QBKnockdowns, SpecialTeamsPlays, RushingGamesOver100Yards, ReceivingGamesOver100Yards, PassingGamesOver300Yards, RunsOf10YardsPlus, CatchesOf20YardsPlus, ThrowsOf20YardsPlus, AllPurposeYards, YardsFromScrimmage) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)] ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Fatal error encountered during command execution. ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Fatal error encountered attempting to read the resultset. ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Reading from the stream has failed. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.IO.BufferedStream.ReadByte() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.LoadPacket() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.LoadPacket() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(UInt64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetResultSet() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at NHibernate.Impl.BatcherImpl.ExecuteNonQuery(IDbCommand cmd) at NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersister.Insert(Object[] fields, Boolean[] notNull, SqlCommandInfo sql, Object obj, ISessionImplementor session) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersister.Insert(Object[] fields, Boolean[] notNull, SqlCommandInfo sql, Object obj, ISessionImplementor session) at NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersister.Insert(Object[] fields, Object obj, ISessionImplementor session) at NHibernate.Impl.ScheduledIdentityInsertion.Execute() at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Execute(IExecutable executable) at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.DoSave(Object theObj, EntityKey key, IEntityPersister persister, Boolean replicate, Boolean useIdentityColumn, CascadingAction cascadeAction, Object anything) at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.DoSave(Object obj, Object id, IEntityPersister persister, Boolean useIdentityColumn, CascadingAction cascadeAction, Object anything) at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.SaveWithGeneratedIdentifier(Object obj, CascadingAction action, Object anything) at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Save(Object obj) at DBUpdater.DBUpdaterForm.DoPlayerGameStatsUpdates() at DBUpdater.DBUpdaterForm.RunUpdate() MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Fatal error encountered during command execution. ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Fatal error encountered attempting to read the resultset. ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Reading from the stream has failed. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.IO.BufferedStream.ReadByte() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.LoadPacket() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.LoadPacket() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(UInt64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetResultSet() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at NHibernate.Impl.BatcherImpl.ExecuteNonQuery(IDbCommand cmd) at NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersister.Insert(Object[] fields, Boolean[] notNull, SqlCommandInfo sql, Object obj, ISessionImplementor session) DB connection closed. Finished!
Run Time: 36min 10sec
Old 09-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #975
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Those errors say the host failed to respond. You are timing out or something is going wrong with your connection to the server.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #976
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Thanks. Looks like I hit the panic button a little too quick. The 2nd attempt appears to be going much better.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:12 AM   #977
Ben E Lou

Began new season, everything updated fine. However, trying to do an update after Staff 1, and a player is crashing it. Of note is that this is a guy who retired after one season due to CEI:

Quote:
Querying active players...Updating active players...Done! (0 new, 0 updated, 0 deleted)
Querying historical players...Updating historical players... Exception Hit, aborted!
NHibernate.ADOException: could not insert: [DBUpdater.Tables.FofPlayerhistorical#18048][SQL: INSERT INTO fof_playerhistorical (Position, LastName, FirstName, NickName, Experience, Height, Weight, InHallOfFame, HallOfFameYear, HallOfFameVote, BirthYear, BirthMonth, BirthDay, College, DraftRound, DraftPick, HomeTown, DraftedBy, YearDraft, YearRetired, PoG, Rings, PoWMentions, PoWWins, FourQHero, QBWins, QBLosses, QBTies, ID) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)] ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Duplicate entry '18048' for key 1
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(UInt64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetResultSet()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at NHibernate.Impl.BatcherImpl.ExecuteNonQuery(IDbCommand cmd)
at NHibernate.Impl.NonBatchingBatcher.AddToBatch(IExpectation expectation)
at NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersister.Insert(Object id, Object[] fields, Boolean[] notNull, Int32 j, SqlCommandInfo sql, Object obj, ISessionImplementor session)
at NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersister.Insert(Object id, Object[] fields, Boolean[] notNull, Int32 j, SqlCommandInfo sql, Object obj, ISessionImplementor session)
at NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersister.Insert(Object id, Object[] fields, Object obj, ISessionImplementor session)
at NHibernate.Impl.ScheduledInsertion.Execute()
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Execute(IExecutable executable)
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.ExecuteAll(IList list)
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Execute()
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Flush()
at NHibernate.Transaction.AdoTransaction.Commit()
at DBUpdater.DBUpdaterForm.DoPlayerHistoricalUpdates()
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Duplicate entry '18048' for key 1
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(UInt64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId)
DB connection closed.
Finished!
Run Time: 0min 11sec

Here's a dump of his existing info in fof_playerhistorical:

Code:
-- -- Dumping data for table `fof_playerhistorical` -- INSERT INTO `fof_playerhistorical` (`ID`, `Position`, `LastName`, `FirstName`, `NickName`, `Experience`, `Height`, `Weight`, `InHallOfFame`, `HallOfFameYear`, `HallOfFameVote`, `BirthYear`, `BirthMonth`, `BirthDay`, `College`, `DraftRound`, `DraftPick`, `HomeTown`, `DraftedBy`, `YearDraft`, `YearRetired`, `PoG`, `Rings`, `PoWMentions`, `PoWWins`, `FourQHero`, `QBWins`, `QBLosses`, `QBTies`) VALUES (18048, 19, 'Quillen', 'Ralph', '', 1, 72, 234, 0, 0, 0, 1997, 3, 28, 26, 1, 25, 10159, 4, 2022, 2023, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);
Old 10-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #978
gstelmack
Pro Starter

What season is it now? I might need to look at the FOF files and how the code decides on an insert vs an update. The problem here is it should be updating him, not inserting him into the database.

A quick fix may simply be to delete his record from the historical table and let it reinsert him. Not sure though, it's been a while since I've looked at the code.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #979
Ben E Lou

2023. Back to back stages. He retired in the begin-season file, and now it's trying to re-write rather than update in the very next stage.

Yes, the plan if there wasn't another quite fix was to delete. That's part of why I pasted the SQL insert here.

Trying the delete now.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #980
Ben E Lou

That worked fine. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow with Staff 2.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #981
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I'll try and remember to check the code tonight for how it determines insert vs update.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:41 AM   #982
Ben E Lou

Error in trying to update FOWL for 2037. fof_franchise needed to be set to auto-increment. I did that, and it wrote successfully after that, but now I'm getting this:

Quote:
Game Stage set to 2037 Staff Hiring 1
Writing teams...Done!
Writing team stadiums...Done!
Exception Hit, aborted!
NHibernate.ADOException: Unable to perform find ---> System.ArgumentException: The value "" is not of type "System.Int32" and cannot be used in this generic collection.
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Find[T](CriteriaImpl criteria)
at NHibernate.Impl.CriteriaImpl.List[T]()
at DBUpdater.DBUpdaterForm.DoTransactionUpdates()
System.ArgumentException: The value "" is not of type "System.Int32" and cannot be used in this generic collection.
DB connection closed.
Finished!
Run Time: 0min 7sec
Old 10-23-2009, 07:38 AM   #983
gstelmack
Pro Starter

That sounds like a bad entry in the database, something is blank that shouldn't be. It's probably a null in a column that shouldn't be null. Check the transaction data for the current season.

Last edited by gstelmack : 10-23-2009 at 07:38 AM.
gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #984
Ben E Lou

Quote:
That sounds like a bad entry in the database, something is blank that shouldn't be. It's probably a null in a column that shouldn't be null. Check the transaction data for the current season.
No 2037 transactions are in there at all. The last transaction appears to be fine:
Code:
INSERT INTO `fof_transactions` (`ID`, `InSeasonIndex`, `PrimaryIndex`, `Salary`, `Type`, `Team1ID`, `Team2ID`, `Position`, `Years`, `Stage`, `Season`, `PlayerID`) VALUES (20629, 1671, 10272, 1283, 16, 11, 0, 15, 3, 23, 2036, 24823);

RCB Sammy Leinaweaver Player Details
Old 11-06-2009, 07:15 AM   #985
Yoda
High School Varsity

Got this error this morning, any help would be appreciated:
Quote:
Game Stage set to 1994 FA 2
Writing teams...Done!
Writing team stadiums...Done!
Writing new transactions...Done! (128 added)
Writing team schedules...Done! (0 new, 0 updated)
Writing game results...Done! (0 added, 0 drives added)
Writing player game stats...Done! (0 added)
Querying active players...Updating active players...Done! (0 new, 102 updated, 0 deleted)
Querying historical players...Updating historical players... Exception Hit, aborted!
NHibernate.ADOException: could not insert: [DBUpdater.Tables.FofPlayerhistorical#15634][SQL: INSERT INTO fof_playerhistorical (Position, LastName, FirstName, NickName, Experience, Height, Weight, InHallOfFame, HallOfFameYear, HallOfFameVote, BirthYear, BirthMonth, BirthDay, College, DraftRound, DraftPick, HomeTown, DraftedBy, YearDraft, YearRetired, PoG, Rings, PoWMentions, PoWWins, FourQHero, QBWins, QBLosses, QBTies, ID) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)] ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Duplicate entry '15634' for key 1
at NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersister.Insert(Object id, Object[] fields, Object obj, ISessionImplementor session)
at NHibernate.Impl.ScheduledInsertion.Execute()
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Execute(IExecutable executable)
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.ExecuteAll(IList list)
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Execute()
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Flush()
at NHibernate.Transaction.AdoTransaction.Commit()
at DBUpdater.DBUpdaterForm.DoPlayerHistoricalUpdates()
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Duplicate entry '15634' for key 1
DB connection closed.
Finished!
Run Time: 0min 50sec
FFL 2013 2014 2015
RNFL 2014 2029
GMFL 2009
HFL 1983 1987 1990
TFL 1983
vNFL 2024
GML 2011
WOOF 2018
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:09 AM   #986
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Ben had something similar in one of the leagues last week. There is something going on with retired players that has suddenly cropped up. Basically his record is in the database, but DBUpdater thinks it needs to add him rather than update his record. Easy fix is to delete the player historical record for that player (15634) and DBUpdater should add him the next time through.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:30 AM   #987
cyril
Mascot

Greg,

maybe it's my win7-64 bit, can't seem to use extractor to extract draftee rosters, when I click on the button "extract" it freezes (no response, can't move window) whereas in the past I see the player names flashing across the screen. However I can use analyzer to see past draftee files. The following is the error message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: Extractor.exe
Application Version: 1.9.6.0
Application Timestamp: 4a997693
Hang Signature: 528d
Hang Type: 6144
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 528da3aecf337bdbdec80f2f72355b53
Additional Hang Signature 2: c018
Additional Hang Signature 3: c01840f3831d113f9bbe24de310ec0df
Additional Hang Signature 4: 528d
Additional Hang Signature 5: 528da3aecf337bdbdec80f2f72355b53
Additional Hang Signature 6: c018
Additional Hang Signature 7: c01840f3831d113f9bbe24de310ec0df

Do you think you could take a look? Thanks.
cyril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:04 PM   #988
Yoda
High School Varsity

Quote:
Ben had something similar in one of the leagues last week. There is something going on with retired players that has suddenly cropped up. Basically his record is in the database, but DBUpdater thinks it needs to add him rather than update his record. Easy fix is to delete the player historical record for that player (15634) and DBUpdater should add him the next time through.

This worked great, thanks.
FFL 2013 2014 2015
RNFL 2014 2029
GMFL 2009
HFL 1983 1987 1990
TFL 1983
vNFL 2024
GML 2011
WOOF 2018
Old 11-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #989
wade moore
lolzcat

Greg:

I hadn't updated my utility suite in a LONG time. Like, over a year. I finally did so last week. Now when I dbupdate I get this:

Game data loaded, processing database...
Connected to MySQL server db.smallvillage.net version: 5.0.67-userstats-log
MySQL server has old schema, updating to version 4...Error while processing SQL query: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Duplicate column name 'DriveResult'
at DBUpdater.DBUpdaterForm.CheckDatabase() MySQL connection closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #990
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Well, somehow you already had that column on fof_mappings.

Is this the second or later run after the update? If so the schema version in the gameinfo table may be wrong, it should be 4.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:39 AM   #991
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Well, somehow you already had that column on fof_mappings.

Is this the second or later run after the update? If so the schema version in the gameinfo table may be wrong, it should be 4.

I know we discussed in chat - but for the benefit of others - this worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #992
chad56s
n00b

fof_transactions and staff hiring

I've been noodling on and off with my league website and am currently working on pages to display transactions. When it comes to the staff hiring stages, however, I'm lost. The entries in fof_transactions are present for staff moves, but I can't seem to find a table or any other source for the staff member's names involved in these trades. Additionally, the 'years' column for staff transactions are crazy (128,31,0...) and the salary columns are all listed at 0, too.

Any tips? I've been looking at the VNFL's site (the model of awesome league reporting ) for inspiration and their transactions contain staff member names and reasonable terms. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
chad56s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #993
chad56s
n00b

Through much archival research, I think I've finally figured out that staff is not included in data extracted by interrogator/dbupdater. I think I've found a workaround using extractor to build some tables and infer staff names using the transactions table. Still unsure about what the values in years and salary mean for staff transactions, though...does anybody have that information?

Also, if I were to say add a scoutID and coachID column to the fof_transactions table, would that mess DBUpdater up?
chad56s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #994
Groo
Mascot

Greg, is there a way to tell Extractor to put its info in another folder besides \users\%name\documents\StelmackSoft\UtilitySuite?

I have a folder set up specifically for FOF info, and I'd like to consolidate it all there, rather than going back and forth between folders. Not a big deal, as I can copy it... just curious.

Thanks.
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #995
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Nope.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #996
Yoda
High School Varsity

Could just make a batch file on your desktop to do all the copying.
FFL 2013 2014 2015
RNFL 2014 2029
GMFL 2009
HFL 1983 1987 1990
TFL 1983
vNFL 2024
GML 2011
WOOF 2018
Old 12-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #997
webb
n00b

In my league, I had a problem. It wasn't a big problem, but the Jets were under the city New Jersey, instead of New York. So, I went into Stelmack Utility city editor, and changed New Jersey to New York. Every team after N, got moved up one city. For instance, San Francisco up to San Diego, Philadelphia up to Peoria.

So, to make patchwork of things, in FOF, I changed all the city affiliates back to the correct city. It still didn't take, and still showed the old cities. After that, I went back into the Utility Suite, and changed NJ back to New York. Still it hadn't changed. So finally, more patchwork, I changed those cities as replicas of the original cities. IE: I have two Philadelphia's now.

It still didn't take affect fully. So I re-installed Stelmack, and it still hasn't fixed anything. Those changes I made are still the same.

Is there anyway to fix this completely? I'm not sure what to do, thanks.
webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #998
gstelmack
Pro Starter

You probably checked the "alphabetize them" box. Your best bet is to simply delete your frfoot.fcy file in your universe folder, run FOF again, then make name changes in there (there's an Edit City Names under Options).

The city editor was meant for starting brand new leagues where you want to replace some cities with completely different ones. Move them, change weather, etc. For simple renames, just use the in-game one. The city editor WILL mess up leagues that are already built. Use it BEFORE starting your league.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #999
sidthelid
Mascot

i have not nothing to say but i just wanted to be the 1000th reply on this thread, do i get a prize?
sidthelid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #1000
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidthelid View Post
i have not nothing to say but i just wanted to be the 1000th reply on this thread, do i get a prize?
Nope.