Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #101
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

File is up.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:18 AM   #102
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I am confused. Garne, Barron, Voigt, Bullock, these are Boston guys who are supposed to go back to gstelmack, right? Or to Commo? I forget which. I was trying to avoid making offers to those guys, and then I saw they signed (generally with their original teams), but now I see they're out there again now. Anyone got a clue what's going on there?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:14 AM   #103
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't have the file in front of me yet, but there used to be an issue where if your lowest level of the farm system had no more room for players it would auto-drop the people you drafted each year (and possibly others, I don't remember).

I haven't looked too much at who all was involved, but from the sounds of it, that is what is happening here.

Also, if I accidentally picked up anyone that is supposed to go back to a former team, I don't mind if they get moved back. I put in my offers prior to even realizing this was an issue yesterday morning. (Not sure if anyone I signed even were one of the players being discussed or not)

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:02 AM   #104
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
If Greg gets me a list of the guys who he lost, I can put them back on his team, yeah. I mean, it's a stupid quirk and it's not fair to have that happen.

I should have noticed sooner, so no big deal.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:27 AM   #105
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I don't have the file in front of me yet, but there used to be an issue where if your lowest level of the farm system had no more room for players it would auto-drop the people you drafted each year (and possibly others, I don't remember).

I haven't looked too much at who all was involved, but from the sounds of it, that is what is happening here.

Not with my guys, I have plenty of room in AA. It was actually leaving me with like 9 guys in AAA and 7 I think in AA when I did the auto stuff yesterday, which was how I noticed (prior to this I think it was only dropping a guy or two, which wasn't enough for me to see).

I don't think anyone else got cut this time around, but there sure does seem like an awful lot of talent hanging around in FA this sim...
Old 01-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #106
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well I'm uploaded for tonight. I wish everyone in the lesser RL good luck. I'm going to have my challenges with the big boys of the CL this year I fear. I had to cut a pretty important part of my pitching staff out in last year's Pitcher of the Year in order to get under the salary cap.

I fully expect to contend, but I am expecting to finish a close 3rd place this season.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #107
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

It appears the draft and release issue has been logged here. From the looks of it the players I drafted will never stay on my team, unless I'm reading the thread incorrectly. I would guess the same would be true for Ann Arbor. Not sure how you want to fix this, but the players released by Brooklyn and Ann Arbor will find their way back to their prospective teams. Not sure if Boston's is a bug as well, but if so, hopefully they can have their players placed back as well.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #108
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
It appears the draft and release issue has been logged here. From the looks of it the players I drafted will never stay on my team, unless I'm reading the thread incorrectly. I would guess the same would be true for Ann Arbor. Not sure how you want to fix this, but the players released by Brooklyn and Ann Arbor will find their way back to their prospective teams. Not sure if Boston's is a bug as well, but if so, hopefully they can have their players placed back as well.

I could be reading wrong, but my understanding is Boston lost players because of that button to have your coach setup your entire minor league system (which sometimes does cut players even if you don't have the AI set to be allowed to cut minor leaguers).

Yours and AnnArbor does indeed sound like the draft bug which I referred to previously.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #109
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I could be reading wrong, but my understanding is Boston lost players because of that button to have your coach setup your entire minor league system (which sometimes does cut players even if you don't have the AI set to be allowed to cut minor leaguers).

This is correct. I consider it a bug that the AI thinks a 5-* potential SS should be cut, but this was via my action and I should have noticed. I just wasn't paying enough attention.

That draft player thing is a pretty big issue though. Glad he fixed some minor draft list issue that I never noticed while ignoring the two glaring ones in the draft list plus this issue.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #110
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

To my knowledge, the draft list hell that we have been going through continues to be denied by the OOTP development team to even exist.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #111
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The Brooklyn players were put back on their team already. I did after it was mentioned
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #112
Tasan
College Starter

I will volunteer to police the AI minors. If you want, I could even "run" then so they don't get players released all the time. I'd just trim really bad players and make sure draftees stick.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:18 AM   #113
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
The Brooklyn players were put back on their team already. I did after it was mentioned

Then they were cut again on the 3rd of March I believe. From what I saw in the forums those players will always be cut, no matter how much room I have.