Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #101
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm done
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:10 AM   #102
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Done. I finished 11 spots higher this time than I did during the simmed recruiting, including picking up some much needed linebackers. Still thin at WR/TE but I picked up some other bodies so we'll see if maybe there are some DBs or athletes that can make the switch to one of those spots.

Thanks, EF27, for everything. I appreciate you putting all the work in that you do and restarting the league. I truly thank you for all the work you put into the league!
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:25 AM   #103
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

So I finished with the #2 class in the country this time. I didn't get to touch recruiting in week 4 or week 5 (so it was as if it were simmed in my case regardless), but I finished with a higher ranking than last sim so I can't be upset

Good to hear that a lot of people were able to pick up some much needed bodies this time around.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #104
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, I think I was ranked #33 when the computer did the last two weeks of recruiting. Now I think I'm #43 or 44. I think I should just let the computer do it for me!

Anyhow, I think I was the last one to check recruiting....or at least everyone has the green check mark to advance.

I will be gone the rest of today but will be back tomorrow afternoon.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #105
cmp
Pro Rookie

I'm all set.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #106
BigDPW
College Prospect

I only got 15 recruits but I got some much needed help at several positions.

My lack of any 4 or 5 star Tackle recruits will hurt though.

I am done so advance at any point everyone else is ready.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #107
BigDPW
College Prospect

Dola - what is the roster limit? 70?

If I am right and it is 70 I am lucky (or possibly unlucky) to not have to cut anyone this go round... Guess it depends what these new guys look like.

Last edited by BigDPW : 03-21-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:32 PM   #108
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

70 is the right number. I'll check my recruits out here in a couple of hours. Next phase will be making roster cuts/position changes.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #109
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Advancing in a few minutes. Our next deadline is 3/23/09 at 10PM but would love to advance early.

Edit: Advanced. Very happy with my first look at my freshman. Almost every one of our top priorities is now the fastest player at his position.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-21-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:14 AM   #110
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Eh ... my freshman are questionable but what do you expect from a bunch of three stars? I've got quite a few freshmen who will play and play a lot. I have a 6-4 WR with some speed that I like who actually has a higher rating at QB. Hmmmm ...
Old 03-22-2009, 02:34 AM   #111
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Eh ... my freshman are questionable but what do you expect from a bunch of three stars? I've got quite a few freshmen who will play and play a lot. I have a 6-4 WR with some speed that I like who actually has a higher rating at QB. Hmmmm ...

The 5 star Athlete I picked up is coming up as an 85 rank in the safety position. I have an 86 rated junior there, but I made a promise not to redshirt, so I might start him over the junior.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:24 AM   #112
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Done on my end too. Both of my 5 star signings are absolute studs. The DT Deon Dodds is the highest rated player on my entire team at 86 OVR. The Cornerback...I forget his name, was the fastest player in the nation running a 4.18 (he's rated at 98 now) and is the highest rated corner on my squad. Some other 4* players will definitely see some playing time. Granted this is all before we get through training camp so progression for all of the returning has yet to take effect.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #113
BigDPW
College Prospect

I am done with the position changes. I like my crop. Not alot of starters out of my bunch though. I got a 5 star OLB that I may redshirt since I am solid at OLB right now but have a stud senior that will leave. I hate to redshirt him but my backup LBs never get much time. I thought about moving him to DE but he is a little undersized for that and would take a big OVR hit. It will be interesting to see who starts at QB this year. Alot will depend on how Mike Glennon my RS-SO progresses in the offseason. My 5 star QB Kevin Smith is only 1 OVR point behind him before progression. I may end up redshirting him also or may let him back up Glennon.

Neither of my 5 stars signed with any promises...
Old 03-22-2009, 10:06 AM   #114
BigDPW
College Prospect

Also it amazes me how hard it is for a OLB to convert to MLB... They take a big hit doing that. MLB to OLB often works pretty well and some times I get better ratings for guys making that switch. Also FS to SS switch is a bear on ratings dips too...
Old 03-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #115
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
Also it amazes me how hard it is for a OLB to convert to MLB... They take a big hit doing that. MLB to OLB often works pretty well and some times I get better ratings for guys making that switch. Also FS to SS switch is a bear on ratings dips too...
I've never understood why there is such a ratings hit on moving switching saftey positions. I've had strong safeties who would make better DE than free safeties. Overall, some of the position switch ratings mystify me.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #116
Ironhead
College Prospect

BC's changes are finished. We pulled in a really solid class for a 3-star program (19th overall I believe) which included the #1 wideout. Our depth is looking pretty thin though as we only have 63 or 64 players.

We made several position changes. BC is interesting as it seems they likely move players around a lot in real life as well. So there are a number of players on the roster that had the skills to play on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball.

Josh Haden who split time at tailback last year will move to wideout. At 5'8 192 pounds he was just not very effective as a tailback over 2 seasons. He should be very effective in space coming out of the slot where he will have great strength (80) and speed to overwhelm corners and make big plays.

Two other tailbacks will be seeing time at other positions. One backup will move to fullback and redshirt for a year. The other had the skills to play safety pretty well. He should be good enough to push for a starting job at free safety.

Our backup senior right guard who weighs in at over 330 pounds with good strength had skills to play on the defensive line so he will change sides of the ball. Given how thin we are at the position he will likely start at defensive tackle.

One of the offensive tackles we recruited turned out to be pretty interesting. He is 6'7, 321 lbs with 75 speed and 80 strength. That alone is pretty interesting for a lineman but he had catching and jumping abillity in the high 80's as well. He could have converted to tight end with a rating of 87. His other receiving attributes (route running, catch in traffic, break tackle, carrying) were pretty lousy though so I left him at tackle. He will redshirt this year and depending on recruiting/graduation he might move to be a pulling guard next year.

Really looking forward to the new season. Our offense should be pretty fun to play this year.

Last edited by Ironhead : 03-22-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #117
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Done. I think 3 others need to do the position changes.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:17 PM   #118
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 left to do position changes. Unless they finish in the next hour or so, we won't be advancing until tomorrow night. If they do finish, I'd appreciate them either PM'ing me if they are the last one or posting in this thread.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #119
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Forum was down for a while. I'm done. I think A&M and Virginia are the only ones left.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:20 PM   #120
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Everyone has a day to view their training camp results.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #121
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Time to cut players. Deadline is 2 days, but as usual we'll advance tomorrow if everyone is done.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #122
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I just completed mine. 5 people are still left, so it looks like we will advance on 3/26.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #123
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm on break for another week or so due to basically double shifts.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #124
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We've advanced to the pre-season.