Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL: Week 1 Has Begun! Deadline is 4/6/09 at 10PM

We have begun the season with the caveat that if I made any scheduling mistakes that an owner wants corrected, we may roll back. However, I'd expect everyone to check their schedules by tomorrow evening to use that option.

Interesting week 1 human matchups:

Kentucky starts the season off with a challenging game at BigDPW's NC State Wolfpack.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:03 AM   #2
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for all your hard work EF27. I know the offseason is a pain. Next season, we should really start talking about the scheduling aspect right after the bowl season. That may save us some time.

BigDPW, I sent you a PM with my availability for our game. I'll check back here tomorrow afternoon. Neither of us get a warmup game against a cupcake before our matchup. Should be interesting to see how our new players do. Thankfully I have a lot of returning players where I need them, but my team only improved to a 77 overall while other human teams improved a lot more than that. We're picked 5th in the SEC, our best preseason pick yet. Hopefully we can exceed expectations again. We'll see.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'd like to also say thanks EF27. It's tough to be the commish.

OSU lost 52-38 to OSU.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #4
kcchief19
Pro Starter

EF27 deserves major props for keeping this motley group together and managing us through the rough spots. Kudos!

Colorado stumbled through an opening victory over rival Colorado State. Despite the offseason losses the offense seemed to pick up where it left off for both better and for worse -- lots of yards and points but Hawkins threw three interceptions including two in the redzone. The game might have been closer but our efforts to improve our takeaways paid off with three picks of our own.

We are thin at RB and WR but man do we have speed to burn. Colorado games will be the same as last year -- first to 40 wins, and it might take more than that.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Sun Tzu, if I'm not mistaken our game in week 3 looks like it is at Colorado instead of at Stanford. Is that OK? I'll give you a home game next year if you want but I hope that doesn't disrupt your recruiting too much.

It won't be any benefit to my recruiting because I doubt I'll invite any recruits to watch me get my ass blown out.

In other news, I got an instant commit this week. Woo-hoo! He's probably a career backup but hopefully that's a sign that recruiting will go better this year. Right now I'm already behind on a lot of guys I'm chasing.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #6
BigDPW
College Prospect

Kingneb and I tried for about 3 hours to play our game last night but each time we connected and the stadium popped up to begin the intro we would get kicked stating our connection was lost. Interestingly enough we could chat all we wanted without problems. We each could connect to other gamers for "quick games" as well.

If anyone has any advice about how to troubleshoot it so we can get our game in we would love to hear it. I do have the following ports forwarded:

TCP 80, 3074, 53
UDP 88, 3074, 53

I had a different issue when NCAA came out but have basically the same setup I had then so I have no idea what is going on.

We are going try again hopefully by Sunday night...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post

We are going try again hopefully by Sunday night...

I have no idea what is up with your issue. Of course, we'll extend the deadline a day or so for human vs human games if necessary, but hopefully it will work out for you all to play before then.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #8
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Sun Tzu, if I'm not mistaken our game in week 3 looks like it is at Colorado instead of at Stanford. Is that OK? I'll give you a home game next year if you want but I hope that doesn't disrupt your recruiting too much.
I have no problem whatsoever with re-starting week 1.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:58 PM   #9
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Chance for revenge on those damn Buckeyes

Yeah, I don't know what to do BigDPW. I haven't been on the web since last night. I'll try to post on the OS forums to see if they have any ideas. Worst case scenario (and this may not even be possible), I *may* be able to play my game at a friend's house on Sunday night. That would definitely be tough to do, and it would limit the times I could play that night, but as a last resort, we could try that. I'd love to test it out beforehand to make sure it's not a wasted trip. I'll be around Sat. night in the later evening (after 9 PM) and we can give it another try at that time (from my house). If it doesn't work, then we'll aim for sometime Sun. night at my friend's place.

Any tips from anyone else who has had this problem would be greatly appreciated. The exact error message happened right after the "loading" screen where it listed the two teams playing. As soon as the overhead of the stadium came up, it said, "connection to the opponent has been lost"

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:01 PM   #10
bhlloy
Coordinator

I had it the first time I played Sun my first ever online game. I think I needed to hard code the MAC address of the modem but then it worked fine?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

WOOT! Washington got a quality instant signing this week as local DE Robert Barnett signed with the Huskies. He is a 5 star DE who is a bit undersized but has great speed and was the #2 DE in the class.

Since SirFozzie is away for at least a few days I believe, we'll advance once the human vs human game is played.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #12
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

We're hoping to get our game in around 7:45 PM EST tonight. I'm at a friend's house, so hopefully the connection will work here. I don't know what to do if it doesn't. We'll keep everyone posted.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #13
BigDPW
College Prospect

I have a small window to play now if you see this. Otherwise we can wait until 7:45 ish... I will be on XBL for a few minutes to see if you can make it...
Old 04-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #14
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky defeats NC State 49-45 to open the season. That was seriously the most epic game I've ever played against another person. Insane.

NC State was in control for most of the game. They went up by two scores in the 2nd quarter when they forced a fumble deep in Kentucky territory and quickly scored. NC State's HB tore us up on 25 carries for 151 yards and 3 TD's. We were down 38-28 to start the 4th quarter. The first play of the 4th quarter we went for it on a 4th & 5 from NC State's 40 and luckily we converted it. If we didn't, the game would have been over right there. We scored a few plays later to pull within 38-35. The next series had a 3rd & 10 for NC State and it was picked (their only turnover of the game). We were able to move down the field and score a TD to take the lead 42-38 with 4:29 left. NC State got the ball and marched all the way down the field and ran the clock down to :33 before scoring to take the lead 45-42. We returned the ball to our 30 needing a FG to send the game into overtime. We threw a short pass for 12 yards but then threw two straight incompletes and time was running out. In a desperate play, I threw the ball to my double-covered WR and he somehow came down with it for a 30 yard completion to put us into FG range. I couldn't believe it. I had a timeout left and there was :07 left on the clock, so I decided to run one more play. I dropped back and found my slot receiver over the middle against the zone and he made one guy miss and ran into the endzone for the winning TD with :03 left. Wow.

Both teams converted 4th downs in the 4th quarter when a miss would have resulted in a loss. The game had one turnover by each team and only a few penalties.

I'm really fortunate to come away with a victory. NC State really deserved to win that game, but my guys made one extra play down the stretch.

Good game man. Good luck the rest of the way. You should do pretty well the rest of the season. I look forward to/dread your return visit to Lexington next year
Old 04-06-2009, 07:21 AM   #15
BigDPW
College Prospect

Yeah epic game is all that can be said for this one. It stung knowing that I was in control most of the way and let that one pick determine the outcome basically.

I nearly took a knee on 3rd and goal when I scored to make you burn another timeout since you had the quick strike offense going the whole game. I missed you on the goalline and let your TE walk in and it was over.

Great game.