Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #151
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Cool, that's pretty neat.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #152
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

the hand:

Old 05-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #153
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If you let the Celtics get momentum late you will lose
Old 05-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #154
Groundhog
Coordinator

That Noah ankle injury looked horrible. Surprised he's walking off the court.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #155
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

and now the Hawks are doing to the Celtics what the Celtics did to the Hawks in Game 2
Old 05-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #156
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Damn. Shot looked good most of the way. Oveerrrrrrtime
Old 05-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #157
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Celtics won..bulls haven't scored a fg for EIGHT minutes. And Philly has taken the lead
Old 05-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #158
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That certainly explains why they said his hand was hanging halfway off
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:01 AM   #159
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Career playoff triple doubles

1. Magic Johnson - 30
2. Jason Kidd - 11
3. Larry Bird - 10
4. Wilt Chamberlain - 9
5. Oscar Robertson - 8
6. Rajon Rondo - 7
7. LeBron James - 6
8. John Havlicek - 5

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 05-05-2012 at 03:01 AM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #160
whomario
Pro Starter

Javale McGee with his finest game yet ? 16/16, 3 blocks, +30 when on the court.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #161
whomario
Pro Starter

Thank goodness for the Clips-Grizz series, hope it goes on just as it´s been the first 2 1/2 games.

Pacers win the duel of the inept to go up 3:1, almost managing to loose a 20 point lead against the Magic and their go to guy Glen Davis. They really only run the Pick and Roll and Nelson isn´t even any good at it.

What a brain fart by Speights and then he fails to foul or at least challenge Griffin. As talented as he might be, Speights is not a player i want in any position of responsibility on my team, Grizz better hope Gasol and Randolph don´t get into foul trouble much.

Grizzlies struggled to get Gasol involved, some ridiculously bad entry passes ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 05-05-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #162
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Love the Pacers team basketball, but they can't keep these 4th quarter collapses up. The series should be over, but at least it's not 2-2. If they want to seriously challenge Miami, which I think they can, they'll need to replicate game 3 more than any of the others.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #163
whomario
Pro Starter

Gutsy decicion to leave Gasol in after he picks up his 4th very early in the 3rd quarter (i think about a minute in), it paid off in that the Grizz went from -5 to +5. Gasol finally got some touches to score, passed the ball well and defensively even with 4 fouls was a huge factor. I don´t care about the numbers, but he´s the most important post player for either team. The Grizz should get him involved more on offense, but even without that he´s affecting the way the Clips have to play on both ends. He´s become a stellar defender, wouldn´t have thought that a couple years ago (he really is allways in the right spot and playing defense with his feet while keeping his hands up, all 3 of his blocks without leaving his feet)

Last edited by whomario : 05-05-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #164
RainMaker
General Manager

This has to be the most depressing fall I can remember for a team I've ever rooted for. A few weeks ago the Bulls had one of the best teams in the league, Rose was finally healthy, and poised to make a run. And even if that run didn't workout, we still had a young team that could come back next year to compete.

Now Rose tears his ACL and may never be the same. At best will miss half of next season. Deng needs wrist surgery after the Olympics and will miss a couple months next year. Noah just destroyed his ankle. I highly doubt Reinsdorf will be willing to pay the luxury tax for a team with this many question marks so we will likely lose some of that depth. And the team looks absolutely lost without Rose and Thibodeau has been exposed.

I feel like we went from a team that would be competing for the next half decade to a team that is a giant question mark.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #165
Galaril
Pro Starter

So looks like it will be Celtics vs Pacers and Sixters vs Heat.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #166
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post

The NBA does not reseed. It would be Celtics-Sixers and Pacers-Heat.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #167
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I'm hardly confident the Celtics are a sure thing, and I'm saying that as a big C's fan. It all hinges on tonight, but I can easily see this going 7, and who knows at that point.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #168
miami_fan
Coordinator

Damn that was nasty. Barron Davis is done for the year
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #169
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
I'm hardly confident the Celtics are a sure thing, and I'm saying that as a big C's fan. It all hinges on tonight, but I can easily see this going 7, and who knows at that point.

Atlanta is too banged up at this point.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #170
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
The NBA does not reseed. It would be Celtics-Sixers and Pacers-Heat.

Thanks. i as a C's fan prefer the Sixers over the Pacers.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #171
Groundhog
Coordinator

I wish I'd put money on the Sixers prior to the Rose injury.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #172
Groundhog
Coordinator

Pretty great story on Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler:

The divergent careers of the Miami Heat's Eddy Curry and the New York Knicks' Tyson Chandler - Grantland
Old 05-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #173
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

In honor of the Avengers movie...

CELTICS SMAASH!

I mean, eight minutes without a FG in the third, 11 4th Q points, and still score 101 and win by 22? Yes please.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #174
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:

AKA David Stern's nightmare.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:26 AM   #175
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Wow, not fouling at the end there was a disastrously stupid decision. Denver is lucky to get away with it.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #176
whomario
Pro Starter

Great game between the Lakers and Nuggets last night Nuggets almost loose the big lead late with some bad defense (but also Kobe simply going off), but prior to that played really fun-to-watch basketball.

Javale McGee sans the brain farts is really fun to watch, some of the things he does are pretty spectacular. Andre Miller was also great and man, is there a better lob passer around ?

Bulls win an ugly game against the 76ers allowing just 69 points and Luol Deng finally showed up with 24 points, 3 games prior (so the 3 without Rose) he had 24 combined.
Deng has hit 1 (!) FT (of 4) in 5 games btw and only 6 Assists. He´s definitely disapointed me this series without Rose.

Al Horford with a huge game in his first start back from injury, 19/11.

Pacers close out the series with a balanced game.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #177
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

When you're at home in a close out game, you have to get that job done. Not trying to take credit away from Denver, as they had their backs against the wall and got the win. But the Lakers dropped the ball big time, letting Denver build the lead and just not coming prepared to finish off the series last night.

As a result, I expect Denver to win in Denver on Thursday, and this will be decided by a Game 7 at Staples on Saturday. Which is pretty surprising given how things looked after Game Four.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 05-09-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #178
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I suppose that if Bynum is right about close out games, game 7 should be an easy game for both teams.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #179
MrBug708
Head Coach

Chris Andersen's home searched by the Sheriff's Internet Crimes Against Children unit.

Officials would not specify what was seized, but said the items were sent to the Regional Computer Forensics Laboratory near Denver, run by the FBI and local law enforcement. Analysts at that lab typically make copies of computer hard drives and other materials as part of what can be a weeks-long search for evidence.

The department began investigating Andersen in February after receiving information from a law enforcement agency in California. Hanavan declined to release details, including the nature of any pending charges, citing an ongoing investigation. He said they're asking that the case be sealed.

Home of Denver Nuggets' Chris Andersen searched by police - ESPN
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #180
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

2012 NBA playoffs -- Miami Heat apologize to Amare Stoudemire for 'extinguished' comment - ESPN

why apologize? that is some funny shit.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #181
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

If he had injured himself on a fire extinguisher trying to rescue a kid from a burning building, that's one thing. Since he didn't, I have to agree that it's funny stuff

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #182
Ironhead
College Prospect

Really bad decision by Watson at the end of the Bulls/Sixers game putting a sub 50% FT shooting teammate on the line to close out the game.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #183
korme
Go Reds

I think he was gambling that Asik had a clear dunk at the rim. Tough decision to make in a split second. Getting killed on Twitter for it.

Great job by Iggy just pushing it all the way to the rim, too.

Last edited by korme : 05-10-2012 at 08:58 PM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #185
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This 4th quarter has been dreadful.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #186
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
+1

That was funny. No need to apologize.

+1

Apologizing for a lapse of judgement joke made at the expense of a lapse of judgement self-inflicted injury? My brain hurts.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #187
korme
Go Reds

Atlanta has to blow this team up, man. They can't settle on being the 4th/5th best team in the East every single year.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #188
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Atlanta has to blow this team up, man. They can't settle on being the 4th/5th best team in the East every single year.

No kidding. I think that Josh Smith fadeaway there near the end kind of sums him up. Get rid of him, you SHOULD still be able to get something for him, he's talented. You're stuck with Joe Johnson unless you amnesty him I guess. I like Horford, and Teague is decent.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #189
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The Celtics should not have won that one
Old 05-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #190
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

You know, I'm not a Kobe fan or hater, but is there a player who is so consumed with winning quite as much as he is? Diareheea?
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #191
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
You know, I'm not a Kobe fan or hater, but is there a player who is so consumed with winning quite as much as he is? Diareheea?

ok, so I'm not watching the game but do know he missed shoot around with a stomach bug. Is he crapping himself up and down the court or something?
Old 05-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #192
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
ok, so I'm not watching the game but do know he missed shoot around with a stomach bug. Is he crapping himself up and down the court or something?

That's what the TNT guys were saying; he has the whole magoo. Heck, in that situation, I don't think I'd exactly be in shape to run up and down an NBA court with a run-and-gun team!
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #193
korme
Go Reds

What the hell is Javale McGee doing
Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #194
korme
Go Reds

Kobe's body language is horrible right now. You can tell he's feeling shitty
Old 05-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #195
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Pun intended?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #196
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

He's been on an IV all day. Was tossing up his food in the morning.

Not Sac-town food poisoning this time
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #197
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Hawks 1-11 vs Boston in playoff series. Only win was 1958, when they were still in St.Louis.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:43 PM   #198
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Kobe should mimic Lisa Rinna and film an impromptu depends commercial after the game.

Last edited by stevew : 05-10-2012 at 11:45 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:51 AM   #199
RedKingGold
College Starter

The Sixers probably have no chance against the Celtics, but that was a huge win for a young team.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #200
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I think the Sixers have a good chance against the Celtics. I do think the Celtics will win, but that's not going to be an easy series, IMO.