Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #201
heybrad
Norm!!!

Kind of ironic that Kobe was the sick one and yet it was his teammates that shit the bed in that game.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #202
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Hawks 1-11 vs Boston in playoff series. Only win was 1958, when they were still in St.Louis.

Bobby f'n Pettit
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #203
bhlloy
Coordinator

The Clippers are just a dumb fucking group of players. I don't think I have ever seen a team with such superior talent make so many boneheaded plays on such a regular basis. The coach probably doesn't help but at some point the players just have to stop making stupid plays
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #204
bhlloy
Coordinator

lol and just to underline it they hit a three to make it a two point game and then let Conley dribble the length of the court to run the last 6 seconds off. Completely embarrassing
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #205
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
The Clippers are just a dumb fucking group of players. I don't think I have ever seen a team with such superior talent make so many boneheaded plays on such a regular basis. The coach probably doesn't help but at some point the players just have to stop making stupid plays

The coach is completely responsible in this situation
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:13 AM   #206
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I am beginning to take a strong dislike to Blake Griffin.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #207
whomario
Pro Starter

To me it seems as if the Clipper players get to caught up in that narrative that has been created for them, sort of feeling "entitled" before actually acomplishing anything.
And as much as i think Paul is the greatest PG around, his flopping and often passive-agressive act on the court is not only incredibly annoying but also rubbed off on the younger players it seems.

The Grizzlies problem is that they go away from what´s working too often, especially in the 4th quarter. Namely their big guys, The Clippers can´t stop either Randolph of Gasol, much less both.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #208
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Nice to see Rondo show up.. Celtics with a big run to take the lead late.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #209
Groundhog
Coordinator

Sixers with an awful 60 seconds of basketball to give the Celtics what should be a fairly safe winning margin.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #210
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Wow. No timeout there to advance the ball, and then the sixers herp-a-derp the ball up the floor slowly and the Celtics smartly foul to prevent the last second three.

Mental Lapse.

(edit: And another mental lapse means the Celtics inbound the ball back in the backcourt with enough space between Rondo and the defender that the Sixers can't foul, and the Celtics win)

Last edited by SirFozzie : 05-12-2012 at 09:30 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #211
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Sooooo....anybody watching?

I wish that Craig Sager would have asked Mike Brown what his plans for the offseason are when the Lakers lose this.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #212
Radii
Head Coach

Loooooooove Ty Lawson, GO DENVER
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #213
Galaril
Pro Starter

Even if Denver loses they have owned LA in this series. La will be damn lucky to escape with the series win.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #214
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Do announcers call him "Metta World Peace"? It's odd to see that on Yahoo's GameChannel and the like

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #215
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I keep forgetting how unlikeable the entire Lakers roster is. Gasol has spent his whole career being flabbergasted at any foul called on him.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #216
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I keep forgetting how unlikeable the entire Lakers roster is. Gasol has spent his whole career being flabbergasted at any foul called on him.

As a Celtics fan by birth I am biased against the Lakers so can't say much but do think the Okie's are more than ready to take the crown for the Lakers and won't be shocked if they hand out a beat down on LA in the next round.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #217
Danny
Head Coach

As a lakers fan, i have to agree ther players arent very likeable. If you think about it, artest is probably the most likeable one minus his mental issues.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #218
Danny
Head Coach

I also love kobe and the way he plays pn the court, not so much off.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:27 AM   #219
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Rondo with his 8th postseason triple double moves him into 5th all time, tied with Oscar Robertson.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #220
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Rondo with his 8th postseason triple double moves him into 5th all time, tied with Oscar Robertson.

And all I've read this morning is how he's not a top 5 pg in the league...
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #221
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

from ESPN/CNN etcetera contributors (I don't mean folks who write for those sites, but the "Comment on this" people, IE, the great unwashed who I read if I want to start thinking enforced sterilization for the world is a good thing), or real columnists?

Last edited by SirFozzie : 05-13-2012 at 09:50 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #222
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am guessing Deron Williams is being on many lists, bumping Rondo off.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : 05-13-2012 at 10:21 AM.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #223
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
As a lakers fan, i have to agree ther players arent very likeable. If you think about it, artest is probably the most likeable one minus his mental issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I also love kobe and the way he plays pn the court, not so much off.

I agree with this.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #224
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I can't help but think that the Clippers should have just named Billips head coach after he got injured.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #225
whomario
Pro Starter

The energy on both sides is great, very, very intense game. Not pretty, but still fun to watch.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 05-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #226
whomario
Pro Starter

This game is absolutely nuts. Again, the quality of play (on offense!) is kinda shitty, put the effort and hustle on both ends is amazing, not just on loose balls but how the defense rotates as well.

Grizzlies IMO with the better looks, but even less acurate than the Clippers.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #227
miami_fan
Coordinator

The Grizzlies are having trouble hitting the rim much less making baskets.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 05-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #228
miami_fan
Coordinator

Hmmm, if that play resets the shot clock then I think they should rescind the timeout before you jump out of bounds rule.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #229
whomario
Pro Starter

Grizzlies offseason to-do list :

1) Get a shooter
2) Get a backup point, but he has to be a shooter
3) Maybe get another shooter

Seldom was it as clear what a team lacked than with the Grizz

Kudos to the Clippers, especially their bench.

Last edited by whomario : 05-13-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #230
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Pacers playing pretty well against the Heat, but it's not their best ball. That's good since they have the lead. For the love of basketball, would like to see a "team" beat the chosen ones.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #231
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Bill filed to naturalize NBA center JaVale McGee for SMART-Gilas | TeamPilipinas.info

My country is naturalizing Javale McGee to serve as an NBA-caliber mercenary in our quest to dominate Asian basketball. )
Old 05-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #232
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

JaVale McGee is getting closer to playing for the Philippines | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
Old 05-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #233
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Excellent free throw shooting down the stretch...
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #234
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yeah, pretty horrible FT shooting there by both teams. Still, good win for Pacers on the road.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #235
korme
Go Reds

This Eastern Conference Playoffs is downright weird at this point. With Bosh effectively out, I could really see any team coming out of the East at this point.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #236
ColtCrazy
College Starter

With Bosh out, I really think the Pacers are the best overall team left in the East. Buuuuuuuut, they have a strange tendency to completely vanish for long stretches. The curse of not having that one stud that can take over. It's good news that they won tonight without playing more than a B- game. But they can't win the series with all B- games. West was huge late, and Hill came through....oddly, our 2 guys with some playoff experience.

This series is going to be very chippy by games 4 and 5. Got two tickets to game 4, excited about it now after this win.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #237
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

If Granger and Paul George can stay out of foul trouble, that would be huge. They actually did a decent job matching up with LeBron and DWade tonight. I'd like to see Collison get more minutes to be honest and think George Hill would be served better with the second group, where the offense is needed.

After watching game 1 I didn't think the Pacers would be tough enough to win this series. It was nice seeing Danny stand up to LeBron and everyone competing more on the boards.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:24 AM   #238
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I figure that Haslem will rape someone in game 3 because that's the way the Heat roll.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #239
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dola-

I really want the Pacers to win, but I just feel like we will see a game or two where breathing in Wade's direction will result in a 2 shot foul.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:30 AM   #240
Groundhog
Coordinator

If I were coaching the Pacers my gameplan would be to feed Hibbert every single trip down the court and work from that. There was one point in the 4th were Hibbert had Chalmers marking him down low, and Granger decided instead to drive and miss an awkward shot.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:01 AM   #241
whomario
Pro Starter

In other news the Spurs had no trouble in game 1. The Clipper bench again wasn´t the problem, but the starters had no shot at matching the Spurs.
It´s not like everything went perfect for the Spurs (Parker had just 7 points and shot 1-9), but the team play was again great and making 13-25 threes doesn´t hurt. Duncan was awesome tonight as well, he looks so much better than the last 2 seasons/Playoffs Plus Manu had a typical Manu Game and Boris Diaw actually was pretty good. For Leonard the Clips are also a better matchup.

Spurs now won their last 15 games by an average of 17 points.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #242
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Bill filed to naturalize NBA center JaVale McGee for SMART-Gilas | TeamPilipinas.info

My country is naturalizing Javale McGee to serve as an NBA-caliber mercenary in our quest to dominate Asian basketball. )

Aw, and here I thought someone was actually trying to make JaVale McGee smart

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #243
korme
Go Reds

I love Kawhi Leonard's energy, and aggressiveness. But man is he terrible on the fastbreak!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #244
MrBug708
Head Coach

Lakers totally choked that way
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #245
molson
General Manager

I'm surprised more countries haven't been more aggressive doing this for basketball. I remember the Georgian volleyball Olympic teams loaded up on Brazilians who had nothing to do with Georgia. Apparently the countries can make their own rules on that.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #246
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I'm surprised more countries haven't been more aggressive doing this for basketball. I remember the Georgian volleyball Olympic teams loaded up on Brazilians who had nothing to do with Georgia. Apparently the countries can make their own rules on that.

From my understanding - Australia has 'taken' a fair few Eastern European athletes in tennis/boxing/gymnastics - it really comes down to the countries citizenship rules and how lenient they are willing to be for athletes.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #247
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Lakers totally choked that way

Yeah, didn't seem like they cared too much about winning in those final two minutes. Not even sure Gasol or Bynum touched the ball inside the three point line during that time.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:21 AM   #248
Suicane75
Coordinator

Was it Bynum Kobe was furiously waving down the court on that last inbound? That tickled my funny bone.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:23 AM   #249
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Such as Spaniard Serge Ibaka?
Old 05-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #250
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Has been a fairly widespread practice for a while now.

Jeremiah Massey of Macedonia

J.R. Holden, retired Russian national.

Becky Hammon of Russia

Kelly McCarty of Russia

Tyrone Ellis of Georgia (no, the other one.)

People who want to play internationally but never would for us, but makes it more lucrative for them to play in the national leagues as Euro nationals who no longer count as internationals on the roster.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 05-17-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote