Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-01-2017, 07:52 AM   #1
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

My favorite play of all time

Most of you know I've been playing FOF since the second version came out around 2000--it was the season where Tim Couch was the overall #1 to the Browns. Anyway, with the draft last week I decided to take another shot even though the game puts my third string QB in at tackle during the pre-season.

So for the second season I see a QB in the draft I kind of like, however I have other needs, don't pick him, however get to sign him in FA. He's not much, but I need a third-stringer, so its him. In the second preseason game he throws two picks that the other team turns into field goals, but we recover a fumble inside their ten, he scrambles it in from the four for the go-ahead TD. Nothing much happens until the other team makes a 59-yard perfect coffin-corner punt out on our one. So 99 to go.

First and ten, false start--but no harm. Then this:

4-3-TBY40 (4Q: 13:26) Thomas Morstead punted 59 yards. The ball was marked out of bounds at the JAX01.

1-10-JAX01 (4Q: 13:15) PENALTY: C Brandon Linder of Jacksonville was called for a False Start.
1-10-JAX01 (4Q: 13:04) Gino Clinton kept the ball, running inside the right guard for 99 yards and a TOUCHDOWN! Key block delivered by Kelvin Beachum. Jacksonville 34, Tampa Bay 24
OFFENSE005 PersonnelDEFENSE43 Over, Dime Personnel, Cover-3 Sky
QB G.ClintonBall Carrier***LDE G.McCoyIn Box+++
X(SE) A.Hurns
+++3tcDT W.GholstonIn Box+++
SLOT A.Robinson
+++1tcDT R.AyersIn Box---
Z(FL) B.Walters
+++RDE J.HoustonIn Box+++
SLOT T.Yeldon
+++MLB L.DavidIn Box+++
SLOT R.Greene
+++LCB V.HargreavesOut of Box+++
LT K.Beachum
+++RCB A.VernerOut of Box---
LG B.Linder
+++NB B.GrimesOut of Box+++
C A.Cann
+++DB J.LimaOut of Box+++
RG J.Parnell
+++SS Q.DempsOut of Box+++
RT J.Poutasi
+++FS J.Adjei-BarimahOut of Box+++
(4Q: 13:04) Extra point by Leo Heath missed. The snap from center was quite a bit off the mark.

I think he was the holder on that, too.

I gotta keep him, even if its only one season.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW

OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
Mobarak
H.S. Freshman Team

wow.
Mobarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:53 PM   #3
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
Most of you know I've been playing FOF since the second version came out around 2000--it was the season where Tim Couch was the overall #1 to the Browns. Anyway, with the draft last week I decided to take another shot even though the game puts my third string QB in at tackle during the pre-season.

So for the second season I see a QB in the draft I kind of like, however I have other needs, don't pick him, however get to sign him in FA. He's not much, but I need a third-stringer, so its him. In the second preseason game he throws two picks that the other team turns into field goals, but we recover a fumble inside their ten, he scrambles it in from the four for the go-ahead TD. Nothing much happens until the other team makes a 59-yard perfect coffin-corner punt out on our one. So 99 to go.

First and ten, false start--but no harm. Then this:

4-3-TBY40 (4Q: 13:26) Thomas Morstead punted 59 yards. The ball was marked out of bounds at the JAX01.

1-10-JAX01 (4Q: 13:15) PENALTY: C Brandon Linder of Jacksonville was called for a False Start.
1-10-JAX01 (4Q: 13:04) Gino Clinton kept the ball, running inside the right guard for 99 yards and a TOUCHDOWN! Key block delivered by Kelvin Beachum. Jacksonville 34, Tampa Bay 24
OFFENSE005 PersonnelDEFENSE43 Over, Dime Personnel, Cover-3 Sky
QB G.ClintonBall Carrier***LDE G.McCoyIn Box+++
X(SE) A.Hurns
+++3tcDT W.GholstonIn Box+++
SLOT A.Robinson
+++1tcDT R.AyersIn Box---
Z(FL) B.Walters
+++RDE J.HoustonIn Box+++
SLOT T.Yeldon
+++MLB L.DavidIn Box+++
SLOT R.Greene
+++LCB V.HargreavesOut of Box+++
LT K.Beachum
+++RCB A.VernerOut of Box---
LG B.Linder
+++NB B.GrimesOut of Box+++
C A.Cann
+++DB J.LimaOut of Box+++
RG J.Parnell
+++SS Q.DempsOut of Box+++
RT J.Poutasi
+++FS J.Adjei-BarimahOut of Box+++
(4Q: 13:04) Extra point by Leo Heath missed. The snap from center was quite a bit off the mark.

I think he was the holder on that, too.

I gotta keep him, even if its only one season.

QB version of Terrell Pryor is back!!!
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:32 PM   #4
faari
n00b

There was another short QB from Newport News with amazing scrambling ability in the NFL recently. He was listed at 6'0", but he wasn't that tall.

Last edited by faari : 12-08-2021 at 10:27 AM.
faari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:33 AM   #5
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by faari View Post
There was another short QB from Newport News with amazing scrambling ability in the NFL recently. He was listed at 6'0", but he wasn't that tall.

This wasn't a scramble.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote