Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 13!!! Files due Saturday, March 7th!

Week 13 Schedule

#18 Colorado @ #20 Nebraska
#2 North Carolina @ North Texas
#14 NC State @ Maryland
USF vs UConn
#7 VIrginia vs Miami
Rutgers @ Cinncy
#17 Ok. State @ Texas Tech
#3 Texas A&M @ #22 Texas
#13 Pitt vs #21 WVU
#12 Kentucky vs Georgia
#1 Arkansas vs LSU

The race for the NC is interesting. I play NC week 14, and if I win this week, I play A&M for the B12 Title. That's #2 and #3 back to back weeks.

Add in Gram playing #4 UGA, and USC playing #9 Notre Dame, Wade, who is #6 in the BCS, could have a legit shot playing for the NC.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Week 13 Schedule

#18 Colorado @ #20 Nebraska
#2 North Carolina @ North Texas
#14 NC State @ Maryland
USF vs UConn
#7 VIrginia vs Miami
Rutgers @ Cinncy
#17 Ok. State @ Texas Tech
#3 Texas A&M @ #22 Texas
#13 Pitt vs #21 WVU
#12 Kentucky vs Georgia
#1 Arkansas vs LSU

The race for the NC is interesting. I play NC week 14, and if I win this week, I play A&M for the B12 Title. That's #2 and #3 back to back weeks.

Add in Gram playing #4 UGA, and USC playing #9 Notre Dame, Wade, who is #6 in the BCS, could have a legit shot playing for the NC.

You sure? If the game does the rules correctly, I don't think I can since I can't win my conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
You sure? If the game does the rules correctly, I don't think I can since I can't win my conference.

That's not a rule. It's been talked about but I am pretty sure it isn't one. It's happened in the BCS before.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #4
sabotai
General Manager

Rutgers steamrolled Cincinnati 63-14. Huge game for my offense all-around. I didn't have any trouble passing or rushing, but the rushing took until the 2nd quarter to get going.

Last edited by sabotai : 03-03-2009 at 01:15 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

USF clinches the Big East with a 48-0 beat down of Connecticut. My first ever shutout vs. a non-FCS team.

We are officially Orange Bowl Bound...at 8-4...So what?
Old 03-03-2009, 12:51 AM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

It wasn't easy without our top 3 WR, but Colorado wins the B12 North with a 35-31 win over Nebraska in Lincoln. We were down 17-0 early but clawed back thanks to Darrell Scott, who had 30 carries for 217 yards and 3 TD, as well as 7 catches for 123 yards and 2 TD.

Now we heal up and then take on #2 North Carolina.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:10 AM   #7
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
That's not a rule. It's been talked about but I am pretty sure it isn't one. It's happened in the BCS before.

I'm pretty sure they made it a rule after Nebraska did it.

I'm going to see if I can find anything.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 03-03-2009, 06:12 AM   #8
wade moore
lolzcat

Dola:

Looks like you're right - FOX Sports on MSN - BCSFootball - BCS Selection Procedures

Quote:
Old 03-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #9
wade moore
lolzcat

I did recruiting this morning and was looking at the Miami Roster.

It's insane that they have such a bad record. They've just had a very tough schedule. This is the most talented team I've ever faced - they have multiple guys in the 90's and several in the high 80's. I beat VT with some miracles and the roster wasn't quite as good, so this will be a tough win.

On the recruiting front - I hope my record this year will help next year. I'm clearly a large step behind most of the rest of the humans at this stage. I have two commits - a 4* and a 3*. The one 5* I had a shot with committed elsewhere. I have a chunk of 4*'s (maybe 6?) that I have a very good shot at, but then it's all about the 3*'s. My recruiting class will be a clear step from the other humans, but a clear step above last year. So, again, I'm hoping that my record this year will make next year quite a bit better for me.

My biggest concern is I had a TON of key seniors graduating. I have some very large dropoffs in talent with those seniors leaving.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I did recruiting this morning and was looking at the Miami Roster.

It's insane that they have such a bad record. They've just had a very tough schedule. This is the most talented team I've ever faced - they have multiple guys in the 90's and several in the high 80's. I beat VT with some miracles and the roster wasn't quite as good, so this will be a tough win.

On the recruiting front - I hope my record this year will help next year. I'm clearly a large step behind most of the rest of the humans at this stage. I have two commits - a 4* and a 3*. The one 5* I had a shot with committed elsewhere. I have a chunk of 4*'s (maybe 6?) that I have a very good shot at, but then it's all about the 3*'s. My recruiting class will be a clear step from the other humans, but a clear step above last year. So, again, I'm hoping that my record this year will make next year quite a bit better for me.

My biggest concern is I had a TON of key seniors graduating. I have some very large dropoffs in talent with those seniors leaving.

Your prestige will go up, which attracts better recruits.

Make sure you keep stockpiling your recruiting board too. Plenty of 4*s and 3*s out there with no offers. That's how I load up near the end.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I demand you all finish by tonight.

KTHXBYE
Old 03-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #12
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Your prestige will go up, which attracts better recruits.

Make sure you keep stockpiling your recruiting board too. Plenty of 4*s and 3*s out there with no offers. That's how I load up near the end.

Yeah, I've been scrubbing through a few every week. Put an offer out there, see if it sparks interest, if not move on to the next guy.

But yeah, my assumption is my prestige will go up. I mean, the fact that I've been able to recruit this well with two really bad seasons preceding this one is encouraging.

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 03-03-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #13
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Pitt finally got back on track with a 45-19 win of #21 West Virginia. Their defense completely shut down my running game, but gave up 328 yards and 5 TDs to my QB. Two of my receivers had a combined 216 yards and 4 TDs on 5 catches. Too bad I stumbled early as this team is starting to come together.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Waitin on 4, keep it up.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #15
Ironhead
College Prospect

The A&M defense pins down the Longhorns to send us to the Big 12 Championship game against Detoxrox.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:32 PM   #16
Radii
Head Coach

I have no idea how Maryland was only 1-9... we trailed 7-0, 14-7, then 17-14, took a lead 24-17, then they tied it. We went up 31-24, they tied it again. We went up 38-31 with about 2 minutes to play... they came down and tied it up with 30 seconds left.

In overtime, we won the toss, they got the ball first and a stop after 1st and goal from the 8 forces a field goal. We got a 23 yard run from Roberts on our second play in OT to get it down to the 2, and punched it in 2 plays later...

#14 NC State 44
Maryland 41

OT

Christ, heh. With that win we've locked up a trip to the ACC title game for a rematch of an early season battle against arch rival North Carolina.

Last edited by Radii : 03-03-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:36 PM   #17
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I think Gram is playin now. If so it means we're down to ..

Wait Moore and Slowgan
Old 03-04-2009, 06:39 AM   #18
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
I think Gram is playin now. If so it means we're down to ..

Wait Moore and Slowgan

I won't be playing until tomorrow morning unless I unexpectedly get time tonight.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #19
wade moore
lolzcat

Well, as I suspected Miami just has WAY too much talent. No way they should have the record they do.

i lost 30-17. There go any pipe dreams at a title - and probably even a BCS bowl bid.

Quote: