Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Golden Wolves Suggestion Thread: Favorite WW Moment

There have been many awesome moments in WW, whether it was unexpected role reveal, a late push to save (or condemn) a wolf, a great job of wolf hunting, or so much else.

Here's your chance to list some of your favorites (for whatever reason). Self-nominations are allowed.

Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:40 PM   #2
saldana
Pro Starter

lathums destruction of blade in the Pharoh game is my first nominee
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:43 PM   #3
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
Beat me to it. That was definitely going to be a nominee for me as well. I was stuck at a desk with a computer all day on a Friday, with little but WW to entertain me. I was worried I was going to be bored. I needn't have feared.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:20 PM   #4
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post

+1
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:45 PM   #5
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Anyone who wasn't around for the necro game this was my blowup

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...postcount=1497

then this little nugget

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...postcount=1551

which led me to extract my revenge

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...postcount=1631
Old 02-21-2008, 05:46 PM   #6
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I think the necromancer game moment between Lathum and Blade is going to be a popular pick as the way it developed and just got more and more heated led to the perfect climax... It also ruined any chance I had that game of surviving as a wolf too.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:05 PM   #7
st.cronin
General Manager

There was one game, where I think it was dubb (sp?) fake revealed as the seer, leading to a lynch of Raiders Army (i think), and when he turned up villager, the village lynched dubb - but he was a villager, only he won with the wolves, and his lynch ended the game for a wolf victory.

I don't remember what game it was, and I may have some of the details wrong. But that was the moment I got hooked.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:53 PM   #8
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Werewolf XIX - Of Demons and Elementals

CW's writeup about the Yak
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:32 AM   #9
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Best Werewolf moment I've ever seen was...

Back in August of 2005:

Italian Village
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=41977

The Setup: This was a game with a werewolf group, a mafia group, and the villagers. Day 6 began with only four players left: Lathum, the mafia turncoat who could win if the mafia won; dubb93, the Herbalist who was basically the bodyguard against Werewolves and lone remaining villager; pennywisesb, the lone remaining mafia; and RPI-FAN, the lone remaining werewolf.

Everyone knew that the numbers were against the villagers. Somehow, some way, dubb93 pulled a rabbit out of his ass and convinced Lathum and RPI-FAN that he was the Mafia, and that pennywisesb was the villager, and that they would automatically win if they killed pennywisesb.

The Payoff: RPI-FAN and Lathum voted out pennywisesb, the lone remaining mafia! What happened next was ridiculous. On Night 6, dubb93 revealed himself to be the herbalist, and RPI-FAN didn't submit a kill for fear of being blocked and not sure of what dubb93's true abilities were. dubb93 then convinced Lathum to vote for RPI-FAN for the villager win. Lathum won a sort of minor victory for surviving.

By far the best play that I've ever seen. dubb93 managed to convert a sure loss into a great victory for the villagers.

As a fun bonus, read up on the exchange between pennywisesb and dubb93, and Lathum's analysis.

Day 6 begins here: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...&postcount=629
Old 02-22-2008, 06:41 AM   #10
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Wasn't RPI fan a brutal wolf in that game and didn't he kill dubb on the last lynch leaving me as the only player left alive?
Old 02-22-2008, 06:45 AM   #11
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Wasn't RPI fan a brutal wolf in that game and didn't he kill dubb on the last lynch leaving me as the only player left alive?
That was the game immediately following the one saldana's talking about. There were two great endings in a row.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:44 PM   #12
Passacaglia
Coordinator

What about when hoopsguy got outed by the seer, then pwned by the duke?
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #13
st.cronin
General Manager

There was also the conversion in Anxiety's game, the one with the topless guy by the creek... I forget the parties involved.

knives out
Old 02-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #14
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
What about when hoopsguy got outed by the seer, then pwned by the duke?

X-Com: All of the wolves (I was a Day 1 convert) were outted by Fouts in the Spy role. I fought like crazy and actually won the vote, swinging it to the Spy to get lynched. As I remember it, we basically would have won the game if we won the lynch that day. Well, Swaggs duked the vote over to me and the villager had a stirring come-from-behind victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
There was also the conversion in Anxiety's game, the one with the topless guy by the creek... I forget the parties involved.

Again, I was converted. I was visited by Lathum. I believe he threw up in his mouth. I wasn't a big fan either.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:31 PM   #15
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
X-Com: All of the wolves (I was a Day 1 convert) were outted by Fouts in the Spy role. I fought like crazy and actually won the vote, swinging it to the Spy to get lynched. As I remember it, we basically would have won the game if we won the lynch that day. Well, Swaggs duked the vote over to me and the villager had a stirring come-from-behind victory.

Again, I was converted. I was visited by Lathum. I believe he threw up in his mouth. I wasn't a big fan either.

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't convert you last game!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #16
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
And one of the reasons we didn't trust Fouts was because he played the villagers like a violin in the previous game.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #17
st.cronin
General Manager

Wrong thread, I know, but I wanted to note that Fouts will likely get my nomination as best vanilla villager.

knives out
Old 02-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #18
st.cronin
General Manager

There was also a recent game where Neon, on day 1, fake-revealed as the seer.

knives out
Old 02-22-2008, 07:35 PM   #19
hoopsguy
General Manager

Recent game where JEHeinz catches/reveals all the wolves and people (including most villagers) refuse to believe him, falling back on the "no villager is THAT good" argument.

Blade's 17 different stories as the newspaper reporter (or whatever the heck he was) to emerge as a winner in an early Transylvania game.

Mr. Wednesday blocking my night kill on a wolf, leading to me being lynched the next day as a villager for first time.

Watching, and contributing to, the absolute villager carnage in Saldana's well-balanced games (Harry Potter, Star Wars).

Fouts being summoned into the Necromancer game and the ensuing confusion about him as good/bad guy.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:27 PM   #20
SnDvls
Pro Starter

not really a "favorite moment" but 2 memories from games

night killing Daddy T in the survivor game before he even got to take over for Pass (sorry man)

Killing hoopsguy on his birthday (man the thread went kinda nuts when we did that, though it wasn't on purpose)
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #21
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
not really a "favorite moment" but 2 memories from games

night killing Daddy T in the survivor game before he even got to take over for Pass (sorry man)

Killing hoopsguy on his birthday (man the thread went kinda nuts when we did that, though it wasn't on purpose)
I forgot about that one. I was a wolf with you that game, I believe.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #22
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

My favorite moment in my own play was in the Resident Evil game, when I sniped path12. That's the other side of the coin from my subsequent blocking of hoopsguy's actions in the elementals game. (Poor Schmidty did the same thing in the $$$ game, the lone wolf assassin play except hitting a villager, and he took it really hard.)

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)

Last edited by Mr. Wednesday : 02-22-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:19 PM   #23
hoopsguy
General Manager

There have been plenty of villagers who have taken out villagers with a kill ability. I remember Coffee Warlord doing it in one of the games I've run, but more people miss than hit.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:02 AM   #24
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
My favorite moment in my own play was in the Resident Evil game, when I sniped path12. That's the other side of the coin from my subsequent blocking of hoopsguy's actions in the elementals game. (Poor Schmidty did the same thing in the $$$ game, the lone wolf assassin play except hitting a villager, and he took it really hard.)

That one was key. We were so close to breaking through there. You made a terrific decision, and then Fouts made another one with his BG decisions.

I was happy that I kept you guys on your feet for another day trying to keep myself alive.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:09 AM   #25
Schmidty
Coordinator

I think my favorite moment for myself is in the LotR game (awesome one) when I made the unexpected bodyguard block to secure the win. I remember almost going in the obvious direction, but then following my instincts and having it pay off.

Too bad my damn instincts haven't paid off lately.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:27 AM   #26
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
There was also a recent game where Neon, on day 1, fake-revealed as the seer.

muhahahaha.

and I got the real seer killed, by pure luck, on the same day.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:44 AM   #27
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Fouts being summoned into the Necromancer game and the ensuing confusion about him as good/bad guy.

That was totally hilarious.

knives out
Old 02-29-2008, 07:32 PM   #28
hoopsguy
General Manager

From the Iron Cross game - a moment that I somehow overlooked earlier when posting in this thread ....

Quote:
RendeR, I've got this sneaking suspicion that you are the Magistrate/Duke in this game. Pull the trigger, move this vote, you won't regret it.

You'll be a legend.

Do it.

I was wrong about who would be the legend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Back. Spent 3 hours and lost my $20 buy-in for the game. I don't even know why I play.

Do I even need to count votes?

The end result is complicated and interesting. Give me a minute... or fifteen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Think somebody stepped up to the plate and duked it off of you Hoops? That would be legendary. It would rank up there with things like Lathums play in your Egyptian game where he made Blade explode and tricked the village into thinking he was good.

Quote:
I will be a tad annoyed if this is just a cruel trick by Neon at this point. My hopes have now been raised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Day 2:

You are all in unison after ntndeacon says that hoopsguy is an infected villager. You input your data into Neon Chaos. In a few moments, you are about to find out the truth....

...or so you think.

ArlingtonColt quickly shouts out. "OVERRIDE! CODE 8675309! Select specimen: EagleFan!"

Neon Chaos buzzes and whirs. The monitors light up.

OVERRIDE CODE: MAGISTRATE.
8675309 - J.E.N.N.Y.
CODE ACCEPTED.

The obelisk appears, and the beam shoots out. Eaglefan is quick, however. He grabs Passacaglia and they both get stunned. Neon Chaos is unable to distinguish between the two bodies, as Eaglefan clutches on to Passacaglia's neck. They are taken into the chamber. A flash of light, and it is over.

DEGENETIZATION COMPLETE.
ANALYZING PARTICLES.
ERROR. ERROR.
DILUTED CELLS.
SPLITTING GENOMES.
15% CHANCE OF IDENTIFYING INDIVIDUAL GENOMES.
SUCCESS.
GENETICS CONFIRMED.
ANALYSIS COMPLETE.

SPECIMEN ANALYSIS: WOLF VIRUS CONFIRMED.
SPECIMEN ANALYSIS: PROJECT - VILLAGER

CHAMBER RECHARGING.
EST. RECHARGE TIME: 13 HOURS.

You are all stunned at this turn of events. It seems that EagleFan was quite the brute. And Passacaglia was nothing more but a villager. You eye hoopsguy, ArlingtonColt, and ntndeacon. What a day...

Night 2 Begins: Actions are due at 10 AM CST

And Arlington Colt was a legend after he hit another wolf. I was inconsolable for about fifteen minutes, having lost my one shining moment of turning the duke against the village - only to see it turn into a worst-case scenario for my hand-picked team.

And then it was time to mess with RendeR ...
Old 02-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #29
Passacaglia
Coordinator

That's what I was referring to in post 12.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:06 PM   #30
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ah, I thought you were referring to X-Com in that post - although I was outted by the Spy and then pawned by the Duke.

I hate that I have two incidents that fit your initial description. Stupid duke(s).

Last edited by hoopsguy : 02-29-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #31
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So here's what we have so far:

Lathum destroying Blade (XXVIII)
Dubb fake revealing as seer only to be a cultist helping the wolves (Game unknown)
The Yak Writeup (XIX)
Dubb fake revealing as a mafia player only he was actually a bodyguard against the wolves (XIII)
Swaggs duking Hoops to start a come from behind victory for the villagers (Game VII)
Neon fake revealing as the seer on Day 1 resulting in the actual seer being lynched (LV)
Blade's numerous fake role reveals (VIII)
Villager after villager dying in Harry Potter and Star Wars (Games XX and XXIV)
Fouts being summoned into the game and causing a great deal of confusion (XXXVIII)
Mr. W blocking hoopsguy from a kill eventually leading to hoops being lynched as a villager for the first time (LXIV)
JH catching/revealing all wolves and most people refuse to believe him (Game unknown)
Hoops being night killed on his birthday (XLIII)
Daddy T reading the whole Survivor thread and then being night killed before he could even start to play (XLII)
Mr. W sniping path (XXXVI)
Schmidty making an unexpected block to win the game (XXXVII)
ArlingtonColt duking away from an admitted wolf onto a different wolf (LVII)
Hoops, as a wolf, claiming that Render was a wolf, with Barkeep later pressing hard to lynch Render, who was a villager (LVII)
Old 03-01-2008, 11:05 PM   #32
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I thought I already mentioned it, but...

Fouts playing the villagers like a violin with a fake reveal of someone who could take down the Warlock in WW VI.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #33
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yes sadly I have to agree with Mr. W here. Fouts play in that game should certainly be nominated (even with me being the prime person suckered into his play)
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:51 PM   #34
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Recent game where JEHeinz catches/reveals all the wolves and people (including most villagers) refuse to believe him, falling back on the "no villager is THAT good" argument.

That was in Lathum's recent wedding game, and thanks Hoops.

I was so unbelievably pissed.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:29 PM   #35
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

And then it was time to mess with RendeR ...

Oh how I hate thee, let me count the ways.....
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:31 AM   #36
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

That Iron Cross moment was a good one...
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:43 AM   #37
Passacaglia
Coordinator

This has probably happened a lot, but what about in the Spawn game, when Marc Vaughan showed up and started posting a whole bunch to defend himself, only to find out he'd been lynched and revealed as a wolf several hours ago?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #38
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
This has probably happened a lot, but what about in the Spawn game, when Marc Vaughan showed up and started posting a whole bunch to defend himself, only to find out he'd been lynched and revealed as a wolf several hours ago?
That was pretty great. It's too bad he's not played again. He definitely had potential.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #39
path12
Coordinator

I just remembered the moment in RendeR's first game where I got three wishes, figured I had the game won, my third wish was to become immortal and that ended up turning me into a statue. The biggest WTF moment and one of the biggest laughs I've ever had in WW.