Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-14-2016, 07:40 PM   #51
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
This is what we currently have for what leagues are shown in America. (NGSN has Dutch Rights, but they went dark late last year. They're supposed to relaunch in August, but I'll believe it when I see it).

I think you're probably right about NGSN, but I hope you're wrong. I had it last year until it went dark and the service was great, the apps and the general picture quality put some larger streaming providers to shame(I mean Fox Soccer 2 Go).

I used it mainly for the Argentinian, Russian and Dutch leagues, but the range was great. Portugal, India, South Korea, Japan, Chile, Mexico, others I cant remember, all with English language commentary.

Edit to avoid double-dola: Boca Juniors v Independiente del Valle (of Ecuador) in the Copa Libertadores semi final is just starting on Fox Sports 2. Independiente del Valle 2-1 up from the first leg.

Last edited by Critch : 07-14-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:54 PM   #52
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

So, I know everyone is down on EURO 2016 for the overly-defensive football, but honestly I liked it. Specifically I liked (even though I thought I wouldn't) the expanded number of participants, and the fact that it allowed a number of traditional minnows to take part and, even, prosper.

It's like why I always liked the old UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup. Big teams from the Big 6 leagues would travel to tiny towns on the French Coast, or above the Artic Circle, and you'd see football in all its many flavors. Good fun.

I also liked the fact that Portugal won because even though apparently everyone hates him, I think Cristiano Ronaldo is a good guy.

flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:28 AM   #53
The Jackal
Coordinator

I really don't mind defensive football, I have to watch Arsenal try and break it down most weeks anyways.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:20 PM   #54
cougarfreak
College Starter

I'm going to watch the first EPL club play in Cincy this weekend..........Crystal Palace at FC Cincinnati. Over 30,000 tickets have already been sold.
Old 07-16-2016, 08:24 PM   #55
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
I'm going to watch the first EPL club play in Cincy this weekend..........Crystal Palace at FC Cincinnati. Over 30,000 tickets have already been sold.

Just left the game myself. The difference in technique was significant. I was surprised, they announced it was the largest crowd for a soccer game in the state.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:18 PM   #56
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Just left the game myself. The difference in technique was significant. I was surprised, they announced it was the largest crowd for a soccer game in the state.

Just got home......it was a blast. 35,061 fans is what they announced.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:39 PM   #57
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Soooo I ran into this clip last night. It happened in a friendly between soon-to-be MLS side Minnesota United and Bournemouth.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 07-21-2016 at 12:40 PM.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:12 PM   #58
bhlloy
Coordinator

That's a good one. I'm sure it's happened at least once before a long time ago, because I remember it from Danny Baker's own goals and gaffes
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:19 PM   #59
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
That's a good one. I'm sure it's happened at least once before a long time ago, because I remember it from Danny Baker's own goals and gaffes

Gary Sprake did it playing for Leeds United v Liverpool in the late 60s. Nearly 400 games for Leeds (when they were good), 37 internationals for Wales and all anybody remembers him for is throwing the ball in the net v Liverpool, and letting in a bobbling shot in an FA Cup final. And his nickname "Careless Hands".
Old 07-21-2016, 01:22 PM   #60
bhlloy
Coordinator

Ha, there is a blast from the past. I should have remembered it was Sprake. The original Calamity James
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:10 AM   #61
Easy Mac

Was watching the Sporting KC-Seattle match yesterday. They mentioned Matt Besler was missing the match due to injury, and was going to miss the All-Star game due to injury. They then said that meant he would also be suspended for 1 league game, because a new rule says if you make the All-Star team but don't attend, you get suspended a game.

If MLS wants to be taken seriously, maybe don't institute stupid rules like that.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:36 AM   #62
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Was watching the Sporting KC-Seattle match yesterday. They mentioned Matt Besler was missing the match due to injury, and was going to miss the All-Star game due to injury. They then said that meant he would also be suspended for 1 league game, because a new rule says if you make the All-Star team but don't attend, you get suspended a game.

If MLS wants to be taken seriously, maybe don't institute stupid rules like that.

Without knowing anything about the rule and even while allowing for a moderate to high level of stupidity inherent to sports organizations, i am going to rule that the commentator didn´t bother to read the fineprint (which hopefully will say sth like "unless declared injured by an MLS appointed Doctor" or sth)

If there isn´t : Rant away my friend, rant freely and without holding back !
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 07-25-2016 at 08:38 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:36 AM   #63
henry296
College Starter

Quote:

This sounds similar to the NHL rule, however, if you miss the game before or game after the All-Star game that usually counts in the NHL. They just don't want people "faking"
Old 07-25-2016, 12:55 PM   #64
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Crazy as it sounds, that appears to be real

Sporting KC defender Matt Besler to miss All-Star Game with knee injury | Sporting Kansas City

Quote:
Per MLS regulations, because Besler will miss the All-Star Game due to injury, he also has to sit out Sporting KC’s first match following the All-Star Game.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:01 PM   #65
whomario
Pro Starter

It´s a real report, but it´s hardly hard evidence this will actually be how the league handles it.

I have seen plenty of bogus stories on european team websites over the years.

What i find more irritating is that this was 3 days ago and apparently no media outlet or sth. has followed up on this.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 07-26-2016, 12:15 PM   #66
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

3rd most expensive transfer ever just went down. Juventus pay the 90m Euro release clause for 28-year old Gonzalo Higuain.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:19 PM   #67
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
That's a lot of Fiats
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:22 PM   #68
Easy Mac

Spending that Pogba money
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:23 PM   #69
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Spending that Pogba money

Still don't see him going to United.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:32 PM   #70
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Still don't see him going to United.

Well, he´s going somewhere. Juventus isn´t poor or anything, but they also aren´t reckless (anymore) and wouldn´t go spend all that money without very strong indication they´ll get the mio from a Pogba transfer. It´s not just Higuain, also bought Pjanic (probably already knew sth was up when buying him), Lemina, Pjaca and now apparently Gabriel Barbosa from Santos as well.

Would make it roughly 180 mio € in total with only 35 mio from sales (Morata 30 and then bit-players).
Old 07-26-2016, 03:39 PM   #71
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Wouldn't bother me if they did sign him. From what I've read they are going to have to shell out the same amount we paid for gundogan (who is a better player currently) just to cover agent fees.

I still don't believe he's interested in them and is waiting for Madrid to come back into the equation.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 07-26-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:43 PM   #72
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Well, he´s going somewhere. Juventus isn´t poor or anything, but they also aren´t reckless (anymore) and wouldn´t go spend all that money without very strong indication they´ll get the mio from a Pogba transfer. It´s not just Higuain, also bought Pjanic (probably already knew sth was up when buying him), Lemina, Pjaca and now apparently Gabriel Barbosa from Santos as well.

Would make it roughly 180 mio € in total with only 35 mio from sales (Morata 30 and then bit-players).

Not sure if there's any legs in this, but the story in Leicester is that Juve only took the option Lamina so that they can sell to us for an immediate profit.

TBH I don't know the player, and from what I've read he doesn't seem too keen on the idea!
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:28 AM   #73
Critch
lolzcat

Juventus paying 90m euros for a striker who's 29 in a few months, Pogba move held up by his agent holding out for 25mil euro commission, Napoli's offer to Icardi includes giving his wife her own tv show.

All madness.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:50 PM   #74
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

German international Leroy Sane is set to be confirmed a City player within the next day or two. It will be the 3rd U-20 signing in under a week. The other two being Marlos Moreno, who just won the Copa Libertadores with Atletico National, and Gabriel Jesus who will be playing alongside Neymar in the Olympics. Three of the top U20 players in the world.

Hard not to get giddy thinking about the likes of them along with Iheanacho, newly signed Oleksandr Zinchenko (who BVB wanted), Aleix Garcia, Angelino, and a cast of others from City's younger trophy-winning academy teams - not to mention John Stones who should be a City player before deadline day. If most of them pan out it could be lookout time in several years (please stay for 5-6 years Pep....).

Quote:
Originally Posted by the real Ronaldo
I'm a fan of Gabriel as I look at him and see myself when I was younger," Ronaldo told Globo TV. "I see many similarities between us.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 07-30-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:34 PM   #75
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Sure, it's a glorified exhibition, but nice to see an American scoring a hat trick (in the first 35 minutes!) vs Inter.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 05:51 PM   #76
whomario
Pro Starter

Ah, the BVB stamp of approval ...

Yeah, we were pretty high on Zinchenko and it´s very easy to see why. Not sure what position he´ll end playing and needs to cut out the theatrics on the ball a little, but definitely highly talented player. Was some ideas floating around of converting him to a Left Back as well because he´s a surprisingly effective tackler and has good anticipation. From the looks of things Dortmund were close to signing him in the Winter and then things kinda cooled off as guys like Mor and Dembele (and Guerreiro at LB) became available and Dembele is definitely more game-ready right now and Mor probably just as talented (plus already having Pulisic eases the pain).

I´m a tad sceptical on Sane making that move now already. Needs consistent playing time because hes far from polished imo (definitely needs to work on holding onto the ball and anticipate pressure, in general slow the hell down a lot more).

Dortmund is definitely going to be watchworthy despite loosing Hummels/Mkhitaryan and Gündogan. I think we replaced all of them kinda, sorta adequately and improved a whole lot on the roster positions 12-18, getting more variable as far as tactics go in the process.

Castro can replicate 90% of what Gündogan does and knows the system, Rode is actually a nice player whose defect is not beating out Vidal for playing time ... Götze might play the 8-spot at times as well. CB we are still strong with Sokratis, Bartra, Bender/Ginter (maybe Toprak still to come), gonna miss Hummels playmaking there more than his defending.

Then up front you suddenly have a right logjam of potential starters. Schürrle and Götze are both expensive gambles but i trust Tuchel to have a plan here after basically turning Mkhitaryan from an insecure "good player" to one that was basically a Top5-10 offensive midfielder in the world.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:01 PM   #77
whomario
Pro Starter

Anybody else wanna sketch you favourite clubs current state of affairs ?

Dortmund:

Depth Chart:

GK: Bürki/Weidenfeller

solid pairing but not stellar

LB: Schmelzer/Guerreiro

Still expect Schmelzer to start more often than not, especially in the CL. But Guerreiro is likely to be a world class LB before long

RB: Pisczek/Ginter/Durm

Piszek showed last round and at the Euros that he´s still a great RB, Ginter played it well when called upon last year. Too bad that Passlack´s development is stalling a little

CB: Sokratis/Bartra/Bender/Ginter

Sokratis and Bartra likely to start with Bender first option if we go 3/5 at the back

CDM: Weigl/Castro/Rode/Sahin

Weigl was the big surprise last season, will be interesting to see how he does his sophomore year. I think the 2nd spot is very much up for grabs, could even see 3 of 4 starting in some games

CAM: Götze/Kagawa

Kagawa struggled at times with the new playstyle where the No10 guy was asked to drop a little deeper, might be some games where neither starts

RAM/LAM: Reus/Schürrle/Dembele/Pulisic/Mor

Reus is out injured until late September, so it looks to be Schürrle and Dembele at the start of the season. Shit ton of talent available here

ST: Aubameyang/Ramos

Auba has developed into a Top10 striker, gotten so much better at participating in play, passing and heading. Way more than just a Usain Bolt impersonator Ramos is solid as a backup, fits the style of play pretty well as a good passer and hard worker defensively. Hope we´ll never see the Götze-as-striker brainfart from the National Team ... Schürrle probably going to see some games there as well.

It´s a shame that Hummels pulled a Judas and thus initiating Mkhitaryans transfer as well ... because we could have still signed Dembele, Mor, Bartra and Guerreiro had we been able to keep those 2. Argh ...

Projected starting lineup(s):

A)

----------- Bürki

--Piszek--Sokratis--Bartra--Schmelzer

--------Weigl------Castro (Rode)

--Dembele-----Götze-----Schürrle

------------Aubameyang

B)

--------------Bürki

--Piszek---Sokratis--Bender---Bartra---Guerreiro

-------------Weigl-------Castro (Götze)

--Dembele--------------------------------Schürrle

------------------Aubameyang

C)

----------------Bürki

--Piszek---Sokratis----Bartra----Schmelzer

-----------------Weigl------
----------Castro---------Rode (Götze)----

--Dembele-------------------------schürrle

------------------Aubameyang
Old 07-30-2016, 06:38 PM   #78
AlexB
Pro Starter

Leicester City

GK
Schmeichel, Zieler, Andersen

Schemeichel clear #1, Zieler (new signing) provides a better back up than Schwarzer last yeat, Andersen is a young Danish keeper with promise. Happy enough with depth here

RB
Simpson, (Amartey)
Weakest area of the squad, Amartey seems to be a utility player more than obvious RB, and Simpson is OK but not great. Would love to see a big upgrade here

LB
Fuchs, Chilwell, Schlupp
Christian Fuchs is solid, Chilwell is a young player who just looks like a proper player on the ball and was a target for Liverpool despite never starting a PL game yet. Fuchs will be the main man, but Chilwell will play more this year and having just signed a new 5-year deal is the heir apparent. And Fuchs wants to be an NFL kicker when his deal is up anyway

CB
Morgan, Huth, Hernandez, Wacilewski, Moore
Again a clear top two, and probably the most physical centre back pairing in the PL. Hernandez looks undersized, but led the Spanish league in interceptions last year, so may be better than his career suggests. Wacilewski is the hardest man in the PL and Moore has disappointed since we got promoted. Could do with a CB with a bit of pace if Hernandez doesn't crack the team

Wingers
Mahrez, Gray, Albrighton, Kopustka, Schlupp
Mahrez is skilful enough to play for any team in the world. Just not consistent enough just yet, either game to game or even within an individual 90 minutes. But for us he is a star, and if he only does 4-5 magical things per game, that'll work. Demarai Gray will push Albrighton out of the team this year as long as he doesn't take too many chopper flights Demarai Gray In NEAR MISS With Helicopter Rotor!!!! - YouTube
Schlupp may be on his way out. kapustka is one of Europe's top young talents, and will be interesting to see what his signing means for Gray and Mahrez.

CM
Drinkwater, Mendy, King, Inler (?), James
Drinkwater is the most underrated player at Leicester, and maybe in the PL. Absolute quality. We've lost Kante, which is not good, but we were trying to sign Mendy last year before Kante, so hopefully Steve Walsh had it right and this little fellow is the real deal too. Andy King is a Leicester legend, and is much better than people give hime credit for. Inler might be gone, Matty James missed almost all of last year with an ACL, but is decent. Might need one more player here, and defintiely so if Inler leaves.

FW
Vardy, Okazaki, Musa, Ulloa
#JamieVardysHavingAParty. Not sure if Musa has been signed to spot Vardy, replace Okazaki or play on the wing. Ulloa has improved so much, and is a decent CF in his own right, offers something different to all of our other forwards. But decent depth here.

TBH I've still not taken in the fact we won the league last year, and this still looks like a team that could finish anywhere 6th-16th, which is more cnfident than I was last year (I went for anywhere between 7th and 20th, and I was the most optimistic person I knew!).

Don't think we'll go down, don't think we'll defend our title. But to be frank, I don't care - last year was something that I never thought would or could ever happen, and everything from here on in is just gravy

Predicted line up:
Schmeichel
Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs
Mahrez, Drinkwater, Mendy, Kaputska/Gray
Vardy, Musa/Okazaki

Last edited by AlexB : 07-30-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #79
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

How in the crap did Roberto Martinez get the Belgium job???
Old 08-03-2016, 08:06 PM   #80
whomario
Pro Starter

@AlexB : Would not really see Schmeichel as the clear No2, theres a reason he was a mainstay in the Germany roster and even if he missed the Euros thats less in him than on the overall quality at the Position.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:46 AM   #81
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Pretty sure Kasper Schmeichel wasn't on the Germany roster because he's a member of the Danish men's team.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:07 AM   #82
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

LOL! That's hilarious!

In other news, it appears the Philadelphia Union are bringing Bedoya to MLS from Nantes.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:31 AM   #83
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

whomario is referring to Zieler, flere.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:33 AM   #84
AlexB
Pro Starter

Yeah, I let it slide I think mario meant number 1 rather than number 2. Reports are Schmeichel is about to sign a new deal, reportedly Ł100k per week (which sounds a bit OTT TBH).

From the three friendlies I've seen, Zieler looks to be a really good shot stopper, but maybe a bit undersized and has looked a little dodgy on crosses.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:53 AM   #85
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Ah, gotcha.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:55 AM   #86
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I would expect a GK who a) appears solid, b) you just won the EPL with, c) is #1 for Denmark and d) is Peter Schmeichel's son is someone who ride until he retires.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:48 PM   #87
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I would expect a GK who a) appears solid, b) you just won the EPL with, c) is #1 for Denmark and d) is Peter Schmeichel's son is someone who ride until he retires.

And on the other hand he wasn´t a PL goalie (a few early appearances for City aside) until he was 27 and Anders Lindegard has also 5 caps for Denmark (there´s a high probability Zieler would be starting GK there as well sans Schmeichel).
I think with every Leicester player you have to at least consider the possibility of overachieving. That being said i think Schmeichel is a very good keeper and i think i mentioned it´s freaking great story for him to go it the hard route despite being Schmeichel Jr.

Was just pointing out that Zieler isn´t your typical backup and probably wouldn´t have made that switch if he wouldn´t get every shot to play. I would think a League/Cup (incl. CL) solution that more and more clubs went to recently is going to be at least talked about.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:25 PM   #88
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well done, Chicago Fire!

Chicago Fire soccer team shuts down anti-gay chant - Chicago Tribune

Quote:
"This chant is offensive," he told me in an interview at Toyota Park. "It's vulgar, it's inappropriate and it runs contrary I think — even in my short time here — to the spirit of Chicago, which at every turn I just find is warm and welcoming and friendly, and I'm of Latino descent."

The chant, he said, "is not clever or creative, or catchy or appropriate in any way. Yeah, I'm not deaf. I heard a smattering of boos. But that's a very small minority of fans, and I don't care if they don't return. In fact, personally, if they are booing the message as opposed to booing the messenger, go find another team to support."

The chant is, of course, 'puto'.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:34 PM   #89
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I haven't seen the words "Well done" and "Chicago Fire" in years.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:37 PM   #90
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

It happens once in a blue moon .

And, you know, they actually had a good couple of days with transfers.. so things are coming up Fire!
Old 08-04-2016, 02:32 PM   #91
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
who?
About the most prospective job in soccer right now and they end up with some random name...
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:52 AM   #92
miami_fan
Coordinator

Anyone else keeping an eye on the debacle that is Hull City? Thirteen senior players are currently available for the opener. Steve Bruce has walked out the club. Just brutal.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:00 PM   #93
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Anyone else keeping an eye on the debacle that is Hull City? Thirteen senior players are currently available for the opener. Steve Bruce has walked out the club. Just brutal.

Yup. We've got them firs game, and given we've lost three pre-season straight (OK, pre-season, and they were PSG, Barca & Man U), and we have Arsenal second game, we really need a win.

They have been hit hard by injuries - I think six senior players with serious injuries, and clearly the club's family ownership issues are having an effect in getting a new manager in, and consequently players. From what Steve Bruce said, it's actually not the owner himself, but the son that is the problem.

Hope they retool, but not for another week
Old 08-07-2016, 09:11 PM   #94
The Jackal
Coordinator

Arsenal has looked pretty fluid in the preseason but man is the CB pairing going to be in shambles for Liverpool. Chambers - Holding?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:34 AM   #95
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

I think it was someone writing for the Guardian who said it's not often you see the fans of a newly-promoted team start protesting the board on the first matchday.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:51 AM   #96
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Well, the Mourinho era at ManU has certainly started off with a bang, transfer-wise. It'll be interesting to see how he fits everyone in. The always-good Michael Cox had a good take here: José Mourinho may struggle to get best from Paul Pogba in a 4-2-3-1 formation | Michael Cox | Football | The Guardian
Old 08-11-2016, 11:29 AM   #97
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Well, the Mourinho era at ManU has certainly started off with a bang, transfer-wise. It'll be interesting to see how he fits everyone in. The always-good Michael Cox had a good take here: José Mourinho may struggle to get best from Paul Pogba in a 4-2-3-1 formation | Michael Cox | Football | The Guardian
Yeah, I wish they would be more creative and play a 4-3-3 with Pogba setting up Zlatan, Martial, Rashford and (unfortunately) Rooney.

All that said, I'm pretty pumped for the season. Nice to have some optimism back at Old Trafford!

Last edited by Arles : 08-11-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:10 AM   #98
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

First day of the new season and all the talk is that Hart could be leaving and ter Stegen is on the way. Ugh! I wish the window ended before the season started!

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 08-13-2016 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:22 AM   #99
whomario
Pro Starter

Lol at Messi already unretiring and returning to the NT the very first game after the summer break
Old 08-13-2016, 10:52 AM   #100
whomario
Pro Starter

Also, Hull beats Leicester. And true to the talk about the personnel trouble do not make a single substitution !