Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-21-2017, 08:34 PM   #101
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm getting a lot of chatter that by this time tomorrow, Porzingis could be on the Celtics, the Knicks "want a top four pick to get Josh Jackson", So the #3
Plus one of the many first round picks, along with salaried players could apparently be enough.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:40 PM   #102
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I'm getting a lot of chatter that by this time tomorrow, Porzingis could be on the Celtics, the Knicks "want a top four pick to get Josh Jackson", So the #3
Plus one of the many first round picks, along with salaried players could apparently be enough.

This is a fireable offense. DOLAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:43 PM   #103
Groundhog
Coordinator

Would be hard to pass on Porzingis, depending what else is in the deal. Someone needs to get him out of that triangle-shaped hellhole, anyway.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:57 PM   #104
Atocep
Coordinator

I think Tatum is a more NBA ready Otto Porter. Should a be a safe pick with a ceiling of a couple of star games and a very high floor.

The advanced stats love Ball, but his fit in the NBA based on his weakness will be interesting. He was terrible as a pick and roll guard at UCLA. He's going to have to get better there or he'll never be better than an average PG.

The Josh Jackson love I've never gotten. He made a killing playing as a small PF against slower opponents. He's a good player, but he's 6'8" and is going to have to figure out how to score against far better athletes than he was matched up against at Kansas.

I really like Dennis Smith and Zach Collins. I think both should go in the top 5 and should be good value in the 8-10 range. Smith is a better player than Fox IMO. Collins is far better than Markkanen.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:58 PM   #105
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Smith is a better player than Fox IMO.

Agree

Quote:
Collins is far better than Markkanen.

Disagree. Markkanen has a nice skill set for a big and showed a lot of toughness in the postseason. On that other hand Collins needs another 2 years before being NBA ready. Plus he fouls far too frequently to be more than a bench player.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 06-21-2017 at 11:01 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:16 PM   #106
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Am I crazy that I don't love this draft? I really like Fultz and then I feel like there are a lot of third tier guys who could wind up starting on a great team but none of them would be a number 1 or 2 option. I'm sure I'm wrong but I kinda feel like people thought this draft was awesome when looking ahead and just kinda made it fit that even though none of the other guys are really wow for me.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:20 PM   #107
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post

Disagree. Markkanen has a nice skill set for a big and showed a lot of toughness in the postseason. On that other hand Collins needs another 2 years before being NBA ready. Plus he fouls far too frequently to be more than a bench player.

A big man that knows he's playing 20 minutes a night is going to have a high foul rate because he can play aggressive. Collins looks like a stretch 4 that will actually be able to protect the rim a bit. Markkanen isn't going to defend anyone in the NBA. A 7 footer with 2 fouls and 0.5 blocks per 30 minutes isn't seeing the floor for a NBA team any time soon.

I don't see either helping a team this year, but if I'm picking in the top 10 I want Collins' upside.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:26 PM   #108
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
Am I crazy that I don't love this draft? I really like Fultz and then I feel like there are a lot of third tier guys who could wind up starting on a great team but none of them would be a number 1 or 2 option. I'm sure I'm wrong but I kinda feel like people thought this draft was awesome when looking ahead and just kinda made it fit that even though none of the other guys are really wow for me.

I think it's a solid draft. It says a lot that OG Anunoby is a better version of Jaylen Brown and won't go in the top 10.

I do think Fox, Jackson, Ntilikina, Monk, and Ball are overrated. But I also see guys like Collins, Giles, Anunoby, and Tony Bradley that are underrated. It's not a bad draft to have multiple picks in.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:40 PM   #109
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
A big man that knows he's playing 20 minutes a night is going to have a high foul rate because he can play aggressive.

He fouled out in 13 minutes of a NCAA tourny game so if them are his thoughts he may not be an incredibly bright player.

He fouled out in 17 minutes against Bryant, in 17 minutes against Washington, in 18 minutes against Tennessee, in 17 minutes against San Francisco, in 16 minutes against St Marys, in 13 minutes against Xavier, and it 14 minutes against UNC. I mean that is some highly abnormal fouling patterns IMO. Almost as if he has no self control.

Markkanen will play quite a bit early because of his offensive skill set. Might be the best pure shooter in the draft. He is a weak defensive player right now but them same type of players seem to find court time.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 06-21-2017 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:10 AM   #110
stevew
Hall Of Famer

How realistic is the following scenario-

Out-Kyrie, Love some combo of JR/Frye/Shumpert
In-Butler, PG-13, Wade, Bosh(if he's not going to die)

Re-Sign both DWills, Bogut(if healthy), Korver

First 5 of
Wade/Butler/James/PG-13/TT

Rotation of Dwill/DWill/Korver/Bosh/whomever is left of Frye/JR/Shump

Like that's realistically achievable, right? Need a backup PG but it's a 60 win team isn't it? And completely achievable?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:13 AM   #111
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post

I'm kinda in the same boat as you, but I think the drafts of recent memory have all been so underwhelming that it's hard to get overly excited. Maybe this is the year we get another bumper crop.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:26 AM   #112
Logan
Head Coach

I like Fultz, Fox, and Monk a lot of the top 8ish. Think they will all be stars. The rest will depend on situation.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:36 AM   #113
Logan
Head Coach

It takes a lot to move the needle in NYC...but there is legitimate apprehension around the city about what Phil is going to do with Porzingis today. I really feel bad for my die hard friends.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:00 AM   #114
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
It takes a lot to move the needle in NYC...but there is legitimate apprehension around the city about what Phil is going to do with Porzingis today. I really feel bad for my die hard friends.

If I were any other team, I'd be calling Phil non-stop.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:31 AM   #115
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Hearing knicks want josh jackson, would move Porzingis to get him.. Guessing that makes Celtics likely landing spot for Porzingis
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:45 AM   #116
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Please don't screw this up, Danny.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:23 AM   #117
Logan
Head Coach

If I'm giving up Porzingis, I'm taking back the Fultz package plus next year's Brooklyn pick and a player.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:33 AM   #118
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
If I'm giving up Porzingis, I'm taking back the Fultz package plus next year's Brooklyn pick and a player.

I should add...only an idiot would take back less than this.

But with Jackson doing the dirty work, Boston will probably get away with much less.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:03 AM   #119
Arles
Grey Dog Software

If I'm the Suns, I offer #4, their pick of Bender or Chriss and one of the Miami unprotected firsts for Porzingis. Probably won't get it done, but I think that's close. I'd even offer Chandler in return for the Noah albatross if that would seal it.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:09 AM   #120
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Cap reported down to 99 million from a projected 103 (and some teams were thinking maybe 107). Going to be a big deal for teams trying to clear max room like Boston, San Antonio, Houston as all of a sudden an extra probably good contract has to get sent out.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:39 AM   #121
korme
Go Reds

Quote:

Sorry, but that's too much.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:54 AM   #122
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Sorry, but that's too much.

I'm sure it is. It's also not advisable to trade 21 year olds who can score from anywhere on the floor, has an 8 foot wingspan, and can defend the rim.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:04 PM   #123
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
If I'm the Suns, I offer #4, their pick of Bender or Chriss and one of the Miami unprotected firsts for Porzingis. Probably won't get it done, but I think that's close. I'd even offer Chandler in return for the Noah albatross if that would seal it.

In a vacuum I'd consider that a pretty good deal for the Knicks. In reality, the #4 pick and Bender would just be stuck in that garbage situation too and it wouldn't matter that much.

Last edited by nol : 06-22-2017 at 02:05 PM.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:09 PM   #124
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Apparently Knicks want Brown, Crowder, #3, and another lottery pick for Porzingis. Sounds like the Celtics want to keep Brown.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 06-22-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:15 PM   #125
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Apparently Knicks want Brown, Crowder, #3, and another lottery pick for Porzingis. Sounds like the Celtics want to keep Brown.

I'm thinking the celtics are trying to get them to take smart or crowder.. not two players..
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:19 PM   #126
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Also the Knicks seem to want the Nets pick, while the Celtics are trying to acquire the #7 pick to include in the deal.

Old 06-22-2017, 02:49 PM   #127
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I'd hate to give up Jaylen, but Jaylen/Jae/#3/our 1st or that Memphis one I'd do. Not willing to include the BK pick unless we could at least top 3 protect it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...Sports+Twitter
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:10 PM   #128
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Celtics offering Bradley to Minnesota for the #7 pick, which will then be used instead of the Nets pick in a Porzingis deal.

Old 06-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #129
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Celtics offering Bradley to Minnesota for the #7 pick, which will then be used instead of the Nets pick in a Porzingis deal.

Why would Minny do that?

Bradley is a good two way player, but he's not worth the #7 pick in a very strong draft.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:37 PM   #130
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Why would Minny do that?

Bradley is a good two way player, but he's not worth the #7 pick in a very strong draft.
It's wishful thinking that Thibodeau would have that much control. He loves Bradley (and all strong perimeter defending veterans).
Old 06-22-2017, 05:44 PM   #131
Groundhog
Coordinator

If Minny think they have their core together and want to win now, having a guy like Bradley to go along side them would not be a horrible thing, vs having a #7 pick on the roster which is a bit of a crapshoot as far as putting Ws on the board this coming season. Don't think I'd make the deal if I were Minny, but I wouldn't be totally blown away by it either.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #132
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Bradley has one year left on his contract.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:16 PM   #133
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Draft season always makes me want to fire up a sim and do some drafting. Will be interesting to see how the chips fall in this one, thinking there might be a lot of smoke and not a lot of fires burned in the end, but would love to be wrong.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 06-22-2017 at 06:17 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:52 PM   #134
Groundhog
Coordinator

Butler to Minny for LaVine/Dunn & 7th pick?
Old 06-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #135
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Nice trade for the wolves. No more excuses for sucking.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 06-22-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:57 PM   #136
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post

Lavine/Wiggins had to be broken up. Good trade. Dunn is a career backup and I like LaVine, but Butler is too good to pass up and is the type of guy the Wolves needed.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:59 PM   #137
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
After all of the uncertainty the last few weeks over who will be the second, third fourth, etc. overall picks, I feel like the Top 5 is pretty set at this point:

1. Philadelphia - Markell Fultz (Duh).
2. Los Angeles - Lonzo Ball (You could have sold me on Josh Jackson, until the Lakers dealt Russell. I don't think Fox is a good fit for Walton's scheme, and Ball is the perfect kind of player to build around George and/or LBJ).
3. Boston - Jayson Tatum (Celtics have not and will not work out JJ, who is not a good fit with Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart already on the roster. Tatum fills their biggest need, a second go to scoring option who can create
4. Phoenix - Josh Jackson (Conversely, the Suns have too many guards and bigs, I think they love JJ and pounce on him when he falls to the 4th pick).
5. Sacramento - De'Aaron Fox (Again, too much smoke here that the Kings love him, and he fits in nicely with Buddy).

I think the real intrigue here starts with the 6th pick, where there is new management and the Magic really need everything. I could see them going with Monk or Issac or even Dennis Smith.

Yup.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:09 PM   #138
Groundhog
Coordinator

Tatum or Jackson was the only real crapshoot in the top 5. Now is when it gets interesting.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:14 PM   #139
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, if you can't get Bradley, might as well settle for the next best option. Nice deal for Minny, especially if 16 is included. But I am more down on Dunn than the Bulls are and more down on LaVine than almost everyone is.

Dislike the Tatum pick, but won't get too worked up until things shake out. Woj is saying we're heavily ties into Paul George trade talks, and while I really dislike the idea of trading for a pending UFA who's already expressed interest in joining a team who will have max cap space next summer, I'd be fine trading Tatum for him straight up.

High floor, good 1v1 offensive player, and on the plus side he wasn't charged with threatening women or property destruction, but I agree with the assessment he won't be a star unless he extends his shooting out past the 3-pt line. Also not sure why ESPN claims he could be a lockdown defender unless they're letting Jay Bilas' enthusiasm for Duke players run unchecked... Not sure I've heard that one before & it didn't match my impression of his athleticism.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:15 PM   #140
RedKingGold
College Starter

Lauri Markkanen to the Bulls via #7, Frankie Smokes to Knicks at #8.

Malik Monk is falling, and I think he could end up being the best player in this draft.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:16 PM   #141
RedKingGold
College Starter

Knicks are going to regret passing on Monk.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:20 PM   #142
bhlloy
Coordinator

That is a hell of a deal for the Wolves. What am I missing about Butler?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:22 PM   #143
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
That is a hell of a deal for the Wolves. What am I missing about Butler?

Bulls needed to rebuild and reload.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:23 PM   #144
bhlloy
Coordinator

Obviously, are any of the pieces they are getting back good enough to do that though?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:31 PM   #145
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Obviously, are any of the pieces they are getting back good enough to do that though?

At this point it doesnt look like it but you never know for sure what these 3 could become. I would speculate Bulls fans arent happy with the return.

Last year after summer league a lot of people were projecting ROY for Dunn. LaVine has a ton of upside and Markkanen is a nice offensive player that is very young.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:33 PM   #146
RedKingGold
College Starter

Proposal of Saric, Okafor and the 2018 Lakers pick (with Boston protections) to Kings for 10th overall to take Monk. Who says no?
Old 06-22-2017, 07:35 PM   #147
Groundhog
Coordinator

Not sure Knicks should've gambled on Ntilikina over Monk or even Smith.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:39 PM   #148
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Not sure Knicks should've gambled on Ntilikina over Monk or even Smith.
Smith's work ethic & attitude terrified me as much as his Steve Francis 2.0 athleticism intrigues me. I wouldn't blame any team that pulled him off their draft board when a similar prospect was available.

Will Sacramento go with Monk even with Buddy Hield on the roster & Vivek's love of him?
Old 06-22-2017, 07:40 PM   #149
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Proposal of Saric, Okafor and the 2018 Lakers pick (with Boston protections) to Kings for 10th overall to take Monk. Who says no?

76ers say no rather easily.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:42 PM   #150
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
76ers say no rather easily.

yeah that's way too much to give up.