Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1966 FOOL Draft Order & Eligibility List

The draft begins as of tonight, after the end of the FOOL Classic. The rules are as follows:

Quote:
- The draft will last until Thursday night at export time. (10 pm eastern)
- You either 1) make your pick on the thread or 2) submit a preference list to me with the list of names in order of the player you want.
- The picks are signed to minor league contracts.
- There is just one round. There will always only be one round if this is successful.
- Conversely, you can trade your pick to someone else if you want to, but you cannot trade "future" draft picks, you may only trade this pick in this draft.
- If you don't submit a list or don't make a pick by the deadline, you will be alloted the best available player (by star rating) after all of the other teams who submitted have made their selections.

1966 FOOL DRAFT ORDER
-------
1. Long Beach Island
2. Chicago
3. Charleston
4. Rio Grande
5. Baltimore
6. El Paso
7. Boston
8. Seattle
9. Valdosta
10. Compton
11. Ann Arbor
12. Hartford
13. Texas
14. Brooklyn
15. Compton (via trade with New York)
16. Colorado
-----------
Here is a list of draftable players, you'll need to go to FOCL (college) or Reebok HS (HS) to see these guys and I do that, so the game won't make them regular free agents.

HTML Code:
POS # Name TM LG Lev Age NAT HT WT B T OVR POT 2B 28 Lorenzo Torres Kings Bay Base HSRHSB HS 17 CUB 6' 2" 215 lbs Right Right 1 star 4 stars SS 15 Axel Rivet Minneapolis HS RHSB HS 17 CAN 5' 8" 200 lbs Right Right 1 star 3 stars 2B 28 Cristo GutiérrezChula Vista HS RHSB HS 18 MEX 6' 1" 205 lbs Switch Right 1 star 3 stars 1B 23 Manny Román Central City HS RHSB HS 18 PAN 6' 0" 195 lbs Right Right 1 star 4 stars SP 9 Carol Koornberg Miami HS RHSB HS 17 ARU 6' 4" 210 lbs Left Right 1 star 5 stars SS 20 Larry Anderson Central City HS RHSB HS 17 USA 6' 0" 195 lbs Right Right 1 star 5 stars LF 31 Scotty Welch Kings Bay Base HSRHSB HS 18 USA 6' 0" 220 lbs Left Left 1 star 5 stars 2B 14 Eric Compton Gulf Breeze HS RHSB HS 17 USA 5' 11" 180 lbs Right Right 1 star 3 stars CL 48 Denny Hennessey Sebree HS RHSB HS 18 USA 6' 0" 210 lbs Right Right 1 star 5 stars SP 4 Elliott Hall Johns Hopkins FOCL COL 20 USA 6' 5" 210 lbs Left Left 1 star 4 stars SP 3 Sam Williams Louisiana FOCL COL 21 USA 6' 4" 205 lbs Right Right 1 star 5 stars 2B 12 Tyson Jones Hamilton FOCL COL 20 USA 6' 0" 210 lbs Right Right 1 star 5 stars CF 34 Don Pierce MIT FOCL COL 20 USA 5' 10" 185 lbs Right Right 1 star 5 stars RF 33 Patrick BuchanaUMass-Boston FOCL COL 21 USA 6' 5" 200 lbs Right Right 1 star 5 stars 1B 17 Powell Kirkpatrick Knox FOCL COL 21 USA 6' 3" 220 lbs Right Right 1 star 3 stars SP 53 John Payne Richard Stockton FOCL COL 20 USA 6' 5" 215 lbs Switch Right 1 star 3 stars LF 98 Ron Harris - - - 21 USA 5' 10" 180 lbs Left Left 1 star 5 stars 3B 21 Alejandro Trujillo - - - 21 USA 6' 0" 205 lbs Switch Right 1 star 4 stars C 26 Guy Kidd - - - 21 USA 5' 11" 200 lbs Right Right 1 star 4 stars

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-14-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

I was just curious where Brooklyn is going to fit in this draft? Also what are the rules on offering contracts to players that are on the draft eligble list?
Old 07-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
I was just curious where Brooklyn is going to fit in this draft? Also what are the rules on offering contracts to players that are on the draft eligble list?

Oops. Sorry. I'll fix the list.

You all are 14th (it's based on record or if a tie, then the team that's lower placed.)

As for contracts? They're minor league deals. For the ones that are left over? I'll put them into the FA pool after the draft is complete.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-13-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:46 PM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Oops. Sorry. I'll fix the list.

You all are 14th (it's based on record or if a tie, then the team that's lower placed.)

As for contracts? They're minor league deals. For the ones that are left over? I'll put them into the FA pool after the draft is complete.

I'm a little confused. I see there are players available right now in FA that seem to be prospects. Why aren't they part of this? What exactly determined which prospects went where? Why are the prospects above part of this, and are they the only ones, as it appears?

I understand what we're trying to do; I just don't get how it is set up right now. I won't be able to adjust things tomorrow, as I work my second job, so I need to get an import in now.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:24 AM   #5
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Also, I think I said this before, but I just don't have a darn clue how to find the FOCL or HS players. I have just wasted 20 minutes clicking around trying to find it. Can someone please help me with this? Not all of us have been playing OOTP all the way through. I last played with version 6.5.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:40 AM   #6
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I was finalyl able to just search out the players individually and add them to my shortlist. So I can see them now at least. I wish I could actually find a college league or a high school league, though. I can't even filter the player search list by these leagues.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:24 AM   #7
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Top right corner of the game you will see a little box that says 'Select League' and you go up there. A drop down menu will appear and you can switch between the different leagues. From there you can go over to the teams drop down menu and go through the different teams.

From what I see though all the teams are full of players, so doing what you did and searching for them may be the easiest way to go. At least for the last three guys on that list that don't have a team name next to them.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:45 AM   #8
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I am finding that some of these players listed above are on the reserve roster of their teams, at least a couple of the college guys so far. I thought somethings was messed up until I saw that.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:52 AM   #9
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Top right corner of the game you will see a little box that says 'Select League' and you go up there. A drop down menu will appear and you can switch between the different leagues. From there you can go over to the teams drop down menu and go through the different teams.

From what I see though all the teams are full of players, so doing what you did and searching for them may be the easiest way to go. At least for the last three guys on that list that don't have a team name next to them.

Thank you! Sheesh, never saw that.

I did already find all of those players and add them to my shortlist, so I did it that way. But outside of the players you mention, it probably would have been easier through the league.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:46 AM   #10
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

You can also use the search within the game to search for a player.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:51 AM   #11
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's an addendum to the draft list.

The game generated a bunch of rookies who are available to be viewed in the free agency area within the game.

I didn't know that it would do that. But I guess it makes sense.

In any case...any of those players are eligible to be drafted, too.

I think next year, if we do this again, I'll just say "any rookie that's in the FA pool who has never played in FOOL" can be drafted and just negate any signing of said players in-game.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:43 AM   #12
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Boston list in
Old 07-14-2008, 11:08 AM   #13
muns
Pro Starter

Hartford list is in
Old 07-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #14
JeeberD
General Manager

Man, I'm clueless as how to figure out who in the college and hs leagues are draftable...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
Old 07-14-2008, 07:35 PM   #15
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Man, I'm clueless as how to figure out who in the college and hs leagues are draftable...

I'll make it easier for you. Just go to the free agency for the FOOL. Look at anyone who is a rookie who hasn't played in FOOL. Those players are all eligible.

I will move the kids from the HS and College leagues who I've "declared eligible" to the free agency as of tonight's sim, so you can see them too.

I didn't realize it'd be confusing, so that's my fault.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #16
JeeberD
General Manager

OK, cool. Guess my list will come later tonight or tomorrow, then...

Old 07-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #17
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

When is this list due by DC? Do I have to have my stuff in tonight?
Old 07-14-2008, 07:54 PM   #18
JeeberD
General Manager

I don't think you need to have it in tonight (at least I hope we don't)

Quote:
- The draft will last until Thursday night at export time. (10 pm eastern)
- If you don't submit a list or don't make a pick by the deadline, you will be alloted the best available player (by star rating) after all of the other teams who submitted have made their selections.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:09 PM   #19
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Man, I wish we could have had at least ONE pick today...
Old 07-14-2008, 08:51 PM   #20
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I was just hoping for the 3 guys in front of me to pick and I would make mine. I might have to make a list if this drags on with no picks another day or so.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:34 PM   #21
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Man, I wish we could have had at least ONE pick today...

I agree...... only bad part about drafts.....
Old 07-15-2008, 01:17 AM   #22
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
You can also use the search within the game to search for a player.

Which is a pain in the ass, and sometimes, they don't even come up, and you have to figure out why.

In any case, I have said before I didn't know where these players were. So just saying they're in 'X' league I couldn't find, doesn't really help much. Thank you, Cringer, at least for helping me out with that.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:19 AM   #23
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
I agree...... only bad part about drafts.....

Well, really, this was confusing from the get go. Not really DC's fault--as he said, he didn't know the game would generate new rookies itself. Just the way it turned out.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:42 AM   #24
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Seems like this is a bad idea. It's not working how I intended and it's why I was opposed to the whole idea of a draft and I'm still trying to figure out how to compensate for the fact that the game 1) generates rookies and 2) doesn't move feeders automatically in an online league.

Edit: Got a good suggestion and we'll go with it. We're going to go to a real draft, but let the AI do it for all teams. You can trade what you don't like. I'll have a plan later.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-15-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Closed Thread