Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
whomario
Pro Starter

Laptop problem (working with wrong graphic card ? extremely low "ExperienceIndex"

Hexy guys, online i´m only finding stuff like "the index is rubbish", which i agreer but it still shouldn´t have my one shopwing up at 3.1 for Windows Aero and 5.1 for games, both is lower than my ooooold nvidia card in my previoues laptop (and heaps lower than what the laptop was tested at, both should be at 6.8 acording to that)

I bought a new laptop which arrived today, it has an AMD 7670 and also an internal graphics processor.

Both are said to work fine and are activated. Do I need to deactivate the internal card ?

drivers are pretty up to date i think (will update regardless, but i doubt that´s it as the installed driver is only 1 version back from the newest), so what else could be the issue here ?

EDIT : Aparently you have to decide (with an application from AMD) for every program if it should be run with one or the other, that would make sense.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 03-28-2012 at 01:48 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Hexy guys, online i´m only finding stuff like "the index is rubbish", which i agreer but it still shouldn´t have my one shopwing up at 3.1 for Windows Aero and 5.1 for games, both is lower than my ooooold nvidia card in my previoues laptop (and heaps lower than what the laptop was tested at, both should be at 6.8 acording to that)

I bought a new laptop which arrived today, it has an AMD 7670 and also an internal graphics processor.

Both are said to work fine and are activated. Do I need to deactivate the internal card ?

drivers are pretty up to date i think (will update regardless, but i doubt that´s it as the installed driver is only 1 version back from the newest), so what else could be the issue here ?

EDIT : Aparently you have to decide (with an application from AMD) for every program if it should be run with one or the other, that would make sense.

Glad to hear you figured it out - I went through the same thing when I got a similar laptop. Not sure if you've got it resolved totally yet and can manually switch the graphics cards, but I know in order for me to do that I had to go in and change something in the BIOS, or maybe it was flash an older BIOS version. They make it much more difficult than they should. Assholes.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
whomario
Pro Starter

as long as it works within the programs i´m fine with how it is, on the desktop (aero stuff) it works super fast as it is.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote