Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
hyde4us11
Coordinator

FOOL Discussion

When Alan left an expansion was on the table so I want to see Alan's vision through. I do have to change the plan to a point through.

I want to do it in one shot. What I mean is we will protect 30 players and they select out of them. I don't want to have them draft a year before they join the league. The way Alan does this is just so difficult that I don't want to mess anything up. The way this is done is just so difficult I'm not sure I can do it right. Does anyone have a problem with this?

EDIT: Didn't word it right.

Last edited by hyde4us11 : 01-31-2012 at 09:32 AM.
hyde4us11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I don't have a problem with it, but be sure the new owners are ready, because they will be doing more work than all of us. Also, if we do it all at once, give us a 2-3 season head's up, so we can prepare our rsoter plans around the possibility we will lose some players.

Is 30 a good number to protect? I have no idea what number is best, or what we have used in the past.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I don't have a problem with it, but be sure the new owners are ready, because they will be doing more work than all of us. Also, if we do it all at once, give us a 2-3 season head's up, so we can prepare our rsoter plans around the possibility we will lose some players.

Is 30 a good number to protect? I have no idea what number is best, or what we have used in the past.

It was 25 in the past but Alan planned on 30 this time because people lost to many players. I lost 17 the last expansion we did which IMO is to many. I was thinking it might have to go up a couple more even. Alan was going to make sure we only lost a certain amount of players though. We will discuss exactly over the next couple days.

The plus is the expansion times won't have to wait as long to compete in the system we use. They will be aware that its going to be a few weeks before they compete.

It will be a 4 week notice before its done.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Anyone else have an opinion to share?
Old 02-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #5
mattcubs
Mascot

I am absolutely kosher with any decision made. In my experience expansion worries are usually about ruinning teams because of too many lost players, but in this type of league any short term loss is usually easily overcome because of the sim rate. I am happy with any choice, just looking forward to joining FOOL...

I will accept any barrier of entry for an expansion team

Montreal Greys(FOOL 21??)
mattcubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
hyde4us11
Coordinator

To the top.....

Any objections?
Old 02-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

None from me.

FOOL is an active league, so I would guess the lack of response is implicit approval, hyde. You should be able to go forward with things.

If anyone has a problem to be addressed, well, this thread's been here for a week now.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
Tellistto
College Prospect

+1 to Chief. No objections.

Tell
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote