Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #51
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Post #45 really made me swear up a storm a few minutes ago. WHew!

From now on my pitchers will hate and fear me as I'm going to make them pitch till their arms fall off.

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #52
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Congrats to Halifax, Tokyo, Chico, and Hammersmith! Good luck to you all.
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #53
Tellistto
College Prospect

My team was the same minus Bob Edwards. Who knew he was so important?

Tell
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #54
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Chief, do you remember the system Alan used for 3 way ties? It's going to happen for me sometime and I can't remember what he used for that.

Last edited by hyde4us11 : 01-17-2012 at 09:41 AM.
hyde4us11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #55
hyde4us11
Coordinator

File is up. We will sim the playoffs tomorrow morning.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #56
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Heh...thanks for the support, CF.

I am sure that some wil surmise that, with the good stretches I have had, that I probably have a good handle on OOTP. Yup, that's not the case. I thought I was going to be a .500 team this year. I even brought back my former ace Otani (who is in the midst of falling apart due to age) to be my #5 starter in the hopes he would get his 3000 K in a Hooligans uniform. That's right, I gave over a rotation spot to a player with precipitously dropping ratings.

So, no, I don't have a clue either.

Good luck to the other playoff teams (no, Otani probably won't be in the rotation).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #57
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde4us11 View Post
Chief, do you remember the system Alan used for 3 way ties? It's going to happen for me sometime and I can't remember what he used for that.

I believe he went with a round robin, and kept it going until a team won two games in the three game "tournament".

So he would do...

1 v 2
2 v 3
3 v 1 (if necessary)

Check: Did any team win two games? That team moves on. If all three teams went 1-1, rinse and repeat.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #58
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Congrats Chief. Congrats to Tokyo and Chico too! New teams to play this year...and get beat by...:P
Old 01-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #59
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I believe he went with a round robin, and kept it going until a team won two games in the three game "tournament".

So he would do...

1 v 2
2 v 3
3 v 1 (if necessary)

Check: Did any team win two games? That team moves on. If all three teams went 1-1, rinse and repeat.

Thank you
Old 01-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #60
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
I have yet to figure out FOOL.

I've been playing in this format of OOTP since 2008. I've won multiple championships and made the playoffs lots of times, in both FOOL leagues.

I still have very little knowledge of what to expect from my team before the season starts. Well, I know what I think, but that and what OOTP does are very, very often different things.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #61
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The Playoff Picture

Chico Rebels
- It was 2119 when Chico was at the Classic and also when they last won it. They are also going for their 7th total win just like...oh just who IS that other team? Actually 2119 (That's 27 seasons ago) is also the last time they were in the playoffs. THey want to win all OVER this ballpark!

Hammersmith Hooligans - Actually the last two times the Hooligans were here (6 and 8 years ago), they won both times. So I'm not sure what they are complaining about. Looking for their 17th win and going into their 70th playoff spot. And also with some beefy bats and a knowledge of winning this thing.

Tokyo Cyclones - It was 20 years ago today, Sgt Pepper taught the band to play....and also when the Cyclones were last in the Classic. Where they sadly lost. They haven't had a win since 2115. Looking for their 14th win with a lust for glory.

Halifax Winter Wolves - Yadayada classic. Back for a charming third time in four years. With one difference. The Winter Wolves of Halifax are going into this Classic with their lowest collective ERA....EVER. (edit...and their closer ccame within one save of the all-time season FOOL save record)

Matchups (not mash-ups)

The last time Halifax faced Hammersmith, way back in 2026, they were known as the Edmonton Edge and beat them, but have never met the Chico Rebels. Chico got beat by the Cyclones back in 2050 and then Hammersmith later went on to lose to them in 2115.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-17-2012 at 11:32 PM.