Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #401
RendeR
Coordinator

With a weaker defense, definitely should have milked it a bit, but as strong as they are its worth the risk.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #402
MikeVic
Head Coach

What a crazy stat!!!!!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #403
RendeR
Coordinator

*snorts* I love watching the Cowgirls implode.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #404
MJ4H
Coordinator

jesus christ romo
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #405
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Infamous Dallas meltdown.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #406
bhlloy
Coordinator

Romo is unbelievable. For all the stats and the great throws I would not want him on my team in a million years.

Bryant has to take some of the blame because if you aren't healthy enough to run a curl route with enough conviction to stop the DB just walking in front of you and picking it off, get the fuck off the field. But geezus, Romo is just horrible in end game situations.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #407
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

My team my suck this year (Giants), but damn do I love to watch Romo play football.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #408
SunDevil
College Prospect

What is the difference between Sanchez and Romo? Seriously, they play like the same person and make the same type of mistakes.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #411
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
Hype.

And Sanchez gets his fair share of hype as well, but certainly not Romo level. The Romo screw up factor was just stronger than the Sanchez screw up factor in this game.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #412
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Cam Newton, mind = blown.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #413
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
What is the difference between Sanchez and Romo? Seriously, they play like the same person and make the same type of mistakes.

Really? Look at their numbers. If anything Sanchez is overrated and Romo is about right when it comes to his reputation.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #414
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Never in my life have I seen a prep QB less comfortable in his own skin as Romo.

Really he gags on it with stunning regularity...but when the pressure is off he makes plays that blow your mind.

He really is the Anti-Aikman....Troy wasn't going to flahs and make you say oooooh and aaaah....but when the pressure was on he was money...EVERYTIME. Romo.....exactly the opposite.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #415
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
Cam Newton, mind = blown.

Is it too late to take back my Akili Smith II predictions?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:18 AM   #416
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Is it too late to take back my Akili Smith II predictions?

I know right. Still, I'm not happy with the pick, but if he continues to out perform expectations I can become a little happier.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:19 AM   #417
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Dola, and two things come to mind. Either Arizona has the worst secondary of all time, or Cam is the greatest pre season troll known to man
Old 09-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #419
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I mentioned earlier in the thread that Cam was not NFL ready and would be surprised if he was starting past week 2. Im not sure why he was completing 44 percent of his passes in preseason but he looked great today so I need to say I was wrong.

Some good games today with some surprising results.

It looked like the stronger defensive teams started out behind the 8 ball this week. Steelers/Jets/Packers all seemed far from midseason form.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 09-12-2011 at 12:41 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:40 AM   #420
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

All in all, a good day. Lions won. Spent the day grilling meat & corn (still in the husk) with friends I have known for 20-30 years. Beer was also involved.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:43 AM   #421
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
All in all, a good day. Lions won. Spent the day grilling meat & corn (still in the husk) with friends I have known for 20-30 years. Beer was also involved.

Very good start to the season. Winning a tough road game to start the season can only give that young team more confidence moving forward.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:54 AM   #422
korme
Go Reds

Never imagined I'd say this 15 hours ago, but, we're screwed if Dalton misses anytime. Gradkowski is HORRIBLE. He got lucky that the Brownies' D wasn't set and we got an easy score. That said...

WHO DEY

Steelers in last
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:45 AM   #423
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

We had a free preview of the NFL Red Zone Channel today, because Charter just picked it up for its sports tier.

How do you go back to watching the "normal" way after almost seven hours of commercial-free skipping around, without even having to use the remote?

I think I'm going to have to get the sports tier.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:46 AM   #424
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I mentioned earlier in the thread that Cam was not NFL ready and would be surprised if he was starting past week 2. Im not sure why he was completing 44 percent of his passes in preseason but he looked great today so I need to say I was wrong.

Some good games today with some surprising results.

It looked like the stronger defensive teams started out behind the 8 ball this week. Steelers/Jets/Packers all seemed far from midseason form.

Didn't Arizona trade a good cornerback to get Kolb? I'm predicting 12-30-185-1-3 next week against the Packers.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #425
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
We had a free preview of the NFL Red Zone Channel today, because Charter just picked it up for its sports tier.

How do you go back to watching the "normal" way after almost seven hours of commercial-free skipping around, without even having to use the remote?

Red Zone is the greatest channel ever created.

I think it was free for everyone this weekend, btw.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:14 AM   #426
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Not to excuse Romo in any way, but I know exactly what he was thinking on that INT - throw it to Bryant's back shoulder for the catch like he did against Revis in the 1st quarter. But the ball wasn't high enough, Revis was in position, and Bryant didn't look like he was actually running routes with the intent on catching anything at that point. And all of that should have been obvious before Romo let go of the ball.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:41 AM   #427
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

You don't.

It's well worth it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:53 AM   #428
Ksyrup

Makes me want to dump DTV just so I can have that option. Of course, I probably watched more NFL yesterday, laying around the house sick, than I wiill for the next 4 months.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-12-2011, 08:16 AM   #429
gstelmack
Pro Starter

On Cam Newton:

Yes, he finally looked like an NFL-ready QB.

However, I loved the announcers fawning over him. My favorite was the early incompletion to Olsen where the announcers went with "I bet Greg Olsen would love to have that back!" when Newton threw it a good yard behind him and Olsen tried to pivot and was lucky to get a hand on it. This was before Newton was even sniffing 400 yards, but they'd already decided every incompletion was the receiver's fault. Plus on that first TD to Smith with the blown coverage, Newton almost blew the play by underthrowing Smith, so he had to nearly stop to catch it, then get going again. Newton had a good day, but his accuracy still needs work.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:53 AM   #430
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
On Cam Newton:

Yes, he finally looked like an NFL-ready QB.

This. But I think people are forgetting that the Cardinals secondary probably isn't as good as Alabama's. I think he may turn out decent... but there are a lot of bumps in the road ahead.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #431
SunDevil
College Prospect

Behold This Bumbling Romo-Sanchez Lowlight Reell

I think this video of the low lights between the two QBs last night for me at least justifies why I think that Romo and Sanchez are the exact same qb.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #432
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I'm waiting to see if Donovan McNabb ever looks like an NFL quarterback again though. Looks like Reid and Shanahan were wise to cut bait on this guy... though it cost the Redskins a second round pick to figure it out.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #433
Butter
Coordinator

As much as I'd like to heap all kinds of praise on the Bengals, the Browns looked like the worst coached team in a while out there. All those 1st half penalties, and then allowing the go ahead TD on a play where your defense was still in their huddle.

Just awful, awful coaching.

Who Dey!

Last edited by Butter : 09-12-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #434
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Didn't Arizona trade a good cornerback to get Kolb? I'm predicting 12-30-185-1-3 next week against the Packers.

Yes they traded Cromartie to get Kolb because they picked up Peterson in the draft and were happy with the two projected starters-Toler and Jefferson. Then Toler got injured and out for the season, and Peterson had to start. I'm of a mind that Richard Marshall should start in his place against the Skins this week.

How did Cromartie do this week for the Eagles anyway?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:54 AM   #435
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

Not us Time Warner customers sadly. :::gives the finger to Time-Warner:::
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #436
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

I concur. This is my 3rd year of it. The first few weeks I'd reach for the remote every time an anticipated commercial break was coming out of habit.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #437
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

TV providers work just like drug dealers.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #438
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
Behold This Bumbling Romo-Sanchez Lowlight Reell

I think this video of the low lights between the two QBs last night for me at least justifies why I think that Romo and Sanchez are the exact same qb.

I'll not deny that Romo has yet to really prove on a consistent basis that he can handle the pressure. That may or may not be why they have yet to win a Super Bowl, or come close, with him at the helm. But the numbers do not lie. The other three and a half quarters of a game Romo is consistently better. Now.. would I rather have a quarter back that plays great for 3 1/2 and then is shaky when the games on the line, or one that is average the first 3 1/2 and then has a better chance of not choking? Personally, I'll take Romo.

We wouldn't even be talking about this shit if Dallas had addressed their fucking secondary. The minute Jenkin's got banged up I told my buddy Dallas is done. That was with a 14 point lead.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 09-12-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #439
Ksyrup

Eric Berry done for the year.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #440
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/09/12/torn..._breaking_news
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #442
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

Willie Colon could be done too with a tricpes injury. They've confirmed there is an injury, just no announcement on severity.

Colon missed all of last season with a torn achilles in camp.

Max Starks and Flozell Adams will be getting calls.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #443
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Tony Romo has 21 TD and 20 INT career in December with a 80.3 QB rating. That's essentially Rex Grossman as a starter in Chicago (23, 20, 73.9). You're right, the numbers don't lie. When the games matter most, Romo has a consistent history of not being able to play up to the moment. Tony Romo is a great fantasy QB.

And Sanchez has 3 TD and 8 INT with a QB rating of 61.4. That's worse then JaMarcus Russell as a starter in Oakland in 2008.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #445
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

But they are still not the same quarterback.

I will plead ignorance on what the perception is of Sanchez, to an extent. I have kind of been under the impression that going into last year was when he was going to become the king of New York. Not too sure what the general perception was going into this year. I still deny they are the same quarterback.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 09-12-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #446
spleen1015
Coordinator

They showed Sanchez's stats regular season versus playoffs yesterday on one of the pregame shows and he has by far performed better in the playoffs, a 4-1 TD to INT ratio, etc.

Not saying he is better or worse than Romo. Just giving you guys more to talk about.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #447
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
And the common perception is NY wins despite Sanchez while Romo is a superstar. The truth is they're both not good enough but at least Sanchez is still young.

I don't see that as the common perception at all. I more often hear it in the reverse - that Romo is a choker but Sanchez is a superstar because all he does is win. For instance, most people would be surprised that Henne has a better QB rating than Sanchez. And I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that Henne has had better surrounding talent. Still, hardly anyone thinks Henne is anywhere near as good as Sanchez.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #448
Rizon
Pro Starter

We don't hear squat about Sanchez out here in CA. The only time we hear about Romo (how great he is) is if I ever walk by the Polk area in Frisco. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #449
Danny
Head Coach

To be fair in the Sanchez vs. Henne debate, Sanchez is two years younger with one less year of NFL experience. He also has played well in the postseason.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:09 PM   #450
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I thought Sanchez's issue was more being consistent. He could be really awful, but he tended to come back from those games and play rather well. You can't go in saying, "Well, we know we will get this out of him." Being his third year, I do think you will be able to get a sense of feeling where he will project after this year. If he consistently does stupid stuff, then it's unlikely going away.