Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
larryhud
n00b

Roster File 'how to create'

Hi, two questions!

[1] please can anyone tell me how to create my own roster file?

My understanding is that you have to start the program Player file generator and click CSV file format? However, when I do it states 'please reinstall the game'.

If I were to reinstall, what difference does it make?! I do not understand the request at all.

For information, I am running Win7 32bit.

[2] Is it possible to edit the schedule for a season, i.e. to make it accurate for 2012?

Much appreciated if anyone can help me!!?

Thanks,
Ale

larryhud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

I am not the foremost authority on this, but from osmosis and memory:

-you may need to have TCY installed to properly create player files
-i don't think it's possible to edit the season schedule

I suspect you may get more definitive answers, but I hope this helps in the meantime.

For what it's worth, while many of us started playing FOF looking for an "NFL simulator" I think it's a near-consensus that this realy isn't the game's strength. It's meant as a pro football simulator, to be played long term, much more than as a one-season re-sim engine, or even a historical engine (though both are possible, at least to some degree).

best of luck.

Last edited by QuikSand : 09-16-2012 at 05:17 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
larryhud
n00b

Thanks, what is TCY?!
Old 09-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
larryhud
n00b

OK worked that out (The College Years)! Can anyone confirm that I need TCY to create a player file CSV?!
Old 09-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
larryhud
n00b

PLEASE does someone know?!
Old 09-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

You want to click the Generate Player File button (or something like that)... the CSV Format button is a link to the help files that doesn't work in new versions of windows.

When you click the generate button, it will open a window for you to browse to and load a CSV roster file that you have already created with player names and information. If you have not already done that, you won't really accomplish anything. All the Player File Generator does is convert your csv into an fof file type (.fdt, I believe).

I would search the forums for a previous .csv version of a roster file to mess around with. I would think that won't be so hard. What will be harder (or just tedious) is actually editing that file into whatever it is you want. Once you have done that and saved it as a .csv, you can fire up the Player File Generator and convert it into the proper fof file type for game use.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote