Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 5!!!! Files due Sunday, February 8th at midnight!!!

Week 5 Schedule

#22 Colorado @ Missouri
#4 Arkansas vs Alabama
#14 North Carolina vs Boston College
#13 Kentucky @ #11 Florida
#6 Pitt vs Rutgers
Virginia vs Maryland
USF vs Louisville
NC State vs Miami
#7 Texas A&M vs #23 Kansas State
#5 Oklahoma State vs Iowa State

Cinncy has a bye

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Wow, we had a crazy game vs Mizzou.

Down 26-7 with 14 seconds to go in the half, we throw a bomb to our 4th WR Simas who catches and gets us in FG range. The FG makes it 26-10 at the break.

Then Darrell Scott breaks a 56 yard TD, and we get an INT, and Scott punches it in from 2 yards, but fail both 2 pt conversions.

Two 4th quarter FG's and a 90 yard INT with a 2 PT conversion put us up 7, but of course, Mizzou answers with a 28 yard TD with 5 seconds left.

In OT my LB picks one off and returns it to the 6 where Maclin tackles him. Then on our possession play for 3, and hit the FG to give us the 39-36 win.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:52 PM   #3
Radii
Head Coach

Wow, what a performance following a tough loss to a rival. NC State, needing to beat a higher rated Miami team(91 OVR/96 on defense), with 11 top flight recruits attending the game, came out and dominated every facet of the game. Miami fumbled once and threw three interceptions. We got two defensive touchdowns. Miami scored on a 56 yard pass in the 2nd quarter. Other than that it was all Wolfpack.

NC State 49
Miami 7

Most of the recruits that are visiting list NC State #1 right now. I'm hoping to land a couple of them after this performance.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:32 AM   #4
cmp
Pro Rookie

Arkansas had another solid performance against a higher rated Alabama team winning 76-3. The rushing attack was unstoppable yet again.

Ricky Bowling, despite being the 2nd string running back, had his third straight 200 yard game running the ball 11 times for 217 yards and 2 touchdowns. Starter De'Anthony Curtis had 23 carries for 136 yards and 1 touchdown while third string back Jerico Nelson had 8 carries for 79 yards and a touchdown.

Next up is USF.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #5
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Pitt managed a win over Rutgers 49-24. The score was much closer than the game with two Rutgers TDs coming against the second string defense. The offense was pretty much split with 150 yards each for the starting RB and QB. Looks like the first batch of visiting recruits got a pretty good show.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #6
wade moore
lolzcat

We had 7 recruits in town as we play a rivalry game against Maryland, a team that has owned us in the first two seasons.

Things do not look good as we go into half down 17-14 and only have 14 because of a pick-6.

Early in the 2nd we lose our BEST player on offense, Senior RB Keith Payne.

But our defense turns it on and gets two more pick 6's. Then QB Pete Lalich finishes the rest of the work and we win 52-24.

I'm very curious to see how a pretty convincing rivalry win impacts those recruits in town.

Also - pretty happy to see what impact I can have on recruiting when I have the XBOX for the whole time and my team is winning. I have one 5-Star in the mix and quite a few quality 4-Stars as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

Last edited by wade moore : 02-04-2009 at 10:37 PM.
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:38 PM   #7
Ironhead
College Prospect

We pull our starters early in the 3rd quarter up by a score of a 42-0. The backups cruise to a 59-10 victory over Kansas State. This team is looking very dangerous early on but the upcoming game on the schedule against Logan is looming very large.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:53 PM   #8
Mike1409
High School Varsity

was unable to post as the server would not connect after my game. i tried several times and unplugged my cable twice also.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:42 AM   #9
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
was unable to post as the server would not connect after my game. i tried several times and unplugged my cable twice also.

no problemo Mike .. just get it done asap!
Old 02-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #10
Logan
Head Coach

We pasted Iowa State something like 70-10.

Despite Alex Cate's fine performance in our first two games, I decided to see what true freshman John Tepper could do on the practice field and came away very impressed by his combination of strength, accuracy, and ability to move around in the pocket. Knowing that the last time I was faced with a decision between Cate and a lesser-rated QB, I went with the lower rating and Weeden turned into a monster...might have impacted my decision.

Tepper led us from the start, completing about 75% of his passes for over 300 yards and 3 scores, with an INT that was a bad decision by me. Welcome kid.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:52 AM   #11
wade moore
lolzcat

Oh - and the injury to my star RB is for 9 weeks.

i had 4 HB's red-shirted with only two active, so I'll have to pull back the red-shirt on someone now. Big thing is that all of my red-shirt guys are speedsters, while Payne was pretty fast but could really break tackles, juke, catch, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote