Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-12-2024, 05:21 PM   #351
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Manor Lords comes put in a couple of weeks, and from the few people who have played the full game, it sounds like it is going to live up to ots hype.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 08:55 PM   #352
Atocep
Coordinator

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 was announced today and apparently releases later this year. I absolutely loved the first one so this great to hear.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 09:16 PM   #353
RainMaker
General Manager

I need to try the first game again. I bought it near release and it was slow and buggy from what I remember. Did it get some updates over the years?

Saw it described as Skyrim without all the magic stuff which seems right up my alley.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 10:21 PM   #354
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I need to try the first game again. I bought it near release and it was slow and buggy from what I remember. Did it get some updates over the years?

Saw it described as Skyrim without all the magic stuff which seems right up my alley.

It got patched into pretty good shape. The sword fighting is far more realistic than most games and takes some time get a grasp of.

Overall the story isn't what I would call dark, but it's far more realistic than most other medieval RPGs. It took me a couple of tries to really get into to it, but it eventually really stuck for me. The characters are interesting and the game is well written.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:25 AM   #355
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
It got patched into pretty good shape. The sword fighting is far more realistic than most games and takes some time get a grasp of.

Alas, I figured out fairly quickly that I was unlikely to ever get the hang of it. It ended up as one of those games I was (for a bit) better suited to just watch LetsPlays of than to actually play.

There's a line between reasonable and too difficult and for me and my own limited skill set it landed on the wrong side of the line. #SoundsLikeAPersonalProblem
Old 04-19-2024, 11:34 AM   #356
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Alas, I figured out fairly quickly that I was unlikely to ever get the hang of it. It ended up as one of those games I was (for a bit) better suited to just watch LetsPlays of than to actually play.

There's a line between reasonable and too difficult and for me and my own limited skill set it landed on the wrong side of the line. #SoundsLikeAPersonalProblem

I spent a lot of time with the sword trainer learning how to not look like a moron and get killed. What I found interesting and fun is I got to the point that I was decent. I could mow down bandits and others. But every now and then I'd run into a knight or some other opponent that was obviously better than me and it took less than 5 seconds to recognize it. And it wasn't because his stats were better, he just did everything better than me.

That's not everyone's cup of tea. It wasn't mine the first time I tried.

I would say it's not really anything like skyrim. I'd say maybe more like Witcher 1 without the magic and monsters and in a small open world. It's got some clunkiness to it but the things it does right it nails.
Old 04-19-2024, 12:40 PM   #357
Izulde
Head Coach

I've still been slow-playing Ghost of Tsushima in the scant free time I have (which is averaging about once a week I'm able to sit down and get some playtime in). Really enjoying it thus far even though I'm currently stuck on an obnoxious stealth mission.

Rise of the Ronin is also on my eventual getlist though it'll be a while since I'm determined to finish GoT first.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 12:50 PM   #358
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Same started GoT, im lucky if I get 20 minutes every couple of weeks. I have games I want to play, I just can't find time and don't want to just constantly switch between games.
Ghost Econ is online now   Reply With Quote