Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
OOTP Developments

Two new OOTP 9 screenshots!

Enjoy!

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...reenshots.html

Cheers,
Markus

Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:37 AM   #2
Anthony
Banned

i love those 2 features. that hot/cold screen is awesome.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:51 AM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I still want the ability to see the fast-sim screen whenever I want. That's the single best overview screen in the game, but it was only viewable in OOTP7 while games were being simmed. It had much more information, and was easier to look at, than the league home page that took a click to get to and then required us to page up/down to see everything.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:07 AM   #4
Cork
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I still want the ability to see the fast-sim screen whenever I want. That's the single best overview screen in the game, but it was only viewable in OOTP7 while games were being simmed. It had much more information, and was easier to look at, than the league home page that took a click to get to and then required us to page up/down to see everything.

I believe you can see that now on the standings screen. Markus added a toggle to allow that.

-Cork
Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:14 AM   #5
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I ordered yesterday, no more new screenies needed now.

Nice though, hot and cold players lists is nice to have.

On a side note, I started looking through the first few posts on that OOTP board thread and the last one on page two actually distracted me for a moment. That ASFL guy has the most annoying signature I have ever seen. I thought it was a post at first it is so long. His post was only 3 words though.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:19 AM   #6
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork View Post
I believe you can see that now on the standings screen. Markus added a toggle to allow that.

-Cork

That's fantastic news. Thanks!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I ordered yesterday, no more new screenies needed now.

Nice though, hot and cold players lists is nice to have.

On a side note, I started looking through the first few posts on that OOTP board thread and the last one on page two actually distracted me for a moment. That ASFL guy has the most annoying signature I have ever seen. I thought it was a post at first it is so long. His post was only 3 words though.

My wife loves reading through the ivillage forums (forums about raising kids, pregnancies, etc) and you haven't seen anything until you have seen those forums. People will post 1 line posts and have signatures of 2-3 pages long. It is a common trend there for people to have huge animated gifs or banners of all of their kids with cheesy comments to go with them..

I always give my wife endless grief about that site, but she doesn't care as she is just a lurker there
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #8
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

since i pre-ordered (and since the excellent MVP 08 mod isn't out yet, and there aren't any other baseball games coming on the market this year), I am actually REALLY stoked about this game coming out tomorrow. Which maybe is dangerous because my expectations are too high, but what can you do. Also helps that I didn't buy a baseball game last year, so everything I'm working with (as far as BBM and OOTP) is vintage 2007.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #9
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
since i pre-ordered (and since the excellent MVP 08 mod isn't out yet, and there aren't any other baseball games coming on the market this year), I am actually REALLY stoked about this game coming out tomorrow. Which maybe is dangerous because my expectations are too high, but what can you do. Also helps that I didn't buy a baseball game last year, so everything I'm working with (as far as BBM and OOTP) is vintage 2007.

I am pretty excited as well. Like you I didn't buy anything last year, and haven't played any baseball game in that time. I am sure I won't be disappointed though, simply because I am less picky then others and am dying for any kind of baseball.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #10
Ksyrup

Point of order...are we still allowed to do the "alright boyz..." thread over in OT (at least for a week or so), or is it going to be here permanently?

I won't be starting it (I'll be in a conference call at 2pm), but I was just wondering.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #11
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

ootp9 MLB mods: http://web.mac.com/sixwilsons/OOTPMods/Main.html
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:51 PM   #12
Ksyrup

That dude is phenomenal, as always. Thanks for the link.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:09 PM   #13
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Point of order...are we still allowed to do the "alright boyz..." thread over in OT (at least for a week or so), or is it going to be here permanently?

I won't be starting it (I'll be in a conference call at 2pm), but I was just wondering.
I would say.....yes. I'll move it over here when it gets off the first page.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:22 PM   #14
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Is 2pm when it will be available for download? I was hoping midnight tonight....
Old 06-17-2008, 05:53 PM   #15
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

2pm it is.. Keep this link handy http://www.ootpdevfiles.com/ootp/ootp9setup.exe
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:07 PM   #16
Anthony
Banned

fuckballs! i was hoping for a midnight launch. aaaargh.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote