Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Which of the following best describes your interest?
Pretty sure I'm in for a 3-season commitment at $75 per season (i.e. pay $225 at league inception) 7 18.42%
Pretty sure I'm in for a $75 one-year commitment, but I'm not willing to plunk down $225 in one shot. 8 21.05%
Pretty sure I'm in for $75 per season, but I think it should be $100 per season. 1 2.63%
Not interested at $75 per season, but I'd pay $50 per season. 2 5.26%
I'd be interested, but there's something about the league structure presented below that is a deal-breaker for me. (Please specify in a post.) 3 7.89%
No interest in a play-for-money league. 17 44.74%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #51
digamma
Torchbearer

PayPal Fees - For Purchases, Getting Paid and Personal Transfers - PayPal

digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #52
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
OK, so I'm confused, Dutch. Are we using the Shane stuff, or are you going to create 32 sets from scratch? (Keep in mind that for my sites, I need about 5 versions of each team's logo.)

It would be really tough for me to come up with 32 good looking logos on helmets quickly and by myself if I was doing it all from scratch. I don't think people had pre-fab logos as the alternative to NFL logos when they say they like fictional teams. I suspect the preference is 1.) Fictional teams (with a sense of ownership in creation) 2.) NFL Teams and 3.) Pre-fab fictional teams created by someone else.

NFL logos are clearly the easiest.

Last edited by Dutch : 10-22-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #53
Kodos
Resident Alien

You could have each owner play as his favorite fake football team. For instance, Dutch could be the Orlando Knights. That way, you'd have images to work from already in many cases.

Last edited by Kodos : 10-22-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #54
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

OK...

Quote:
Free to transfer
There’s no fee to send money to friends and family when you link a bank account or use your PayPal balance. When you use a debit or credit card, there is a flat fee of 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. You can also send money internationally for a small fee.
Mine is linked to my bank account, but every "donate to" payment for the last two years (just checked) has had an associated fee. I wonder if that's a little PayPal trick. "Use our 'Donate' button, and we'll charge you. Just send it with the email address, then no charge."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
It would be really tough for me to come up with 32 good looking logos on helmets quickly and by myself if I was doing it all from scratch. I would give it a shot to help you out, but there are better ways to do this.
I think we're pretty well set that we'll just use NFL.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #55
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
You could have each owner play as his favorite fake football team. For instance, Dutch could be the Orlando Knights. That way, you'd have images to work from already in many cases.

That would be pretty awesome, but every league uses a different standard for logos.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #56
RedKingGold
College Starter

I really don't have a preference as to real or fake teams, but I like Kodo's idea.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #57
Kodos
Resident Alien

You could have an IHOF division, and HFL division, WOOF, etc.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #58
Dutch
"Dutch"

Some thoughts on pricing.

With the exception of the 3-season $225 fee (+some of forum software), the pricing seems very reasonable for this league.

If you go 8-8 in season 3, you owe $35 for the next season. If you average .500, you'll owe $35 each season. The league would presumably finish 5 seasons a year. So that would equal a payment of $175 for an average team.

Essentially, that's $14.50 a month to play FOF MP with a chance to win nearly $400 for winning the bowl.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #59
Ben E Lou

OK. The CMFL--Cash Money Football League (or Cash M.F. League, if you prefer)--is set to take its next step. Next step is this: I'm going to take $25 deposits to hold your spot. The $25 is only refundable if the league ends up not playing. In other words, paying the $25 is your commitment to the league, and it will be deducted from your first season fee. (You'll pay the rest right before we start drafting players, in other words.) Why pay the $25 now then, you ask? Paying the $25 will get you the following
  • the right to claim a team
  • the right to vote on league matters such as the schedule, rules, how to start up (live draft vs. Pref Draft vs. Free Agency)
  • the right to be a part of, nominate, and/or vote on the four owners who will serve as the initial "board of directors" that will assist/advise on implementation of league rules
Activity Stream - CMFL Forums is live. Go register. Send $25 to benelou AT bellsouth DOT net to reserve your team. Heading to bed.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 10-22-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #60
Ben E Lou

Quote:
I wonder if that's a little PayPal trick. "Use our 'Donate' button, and we'll charge you. Just send it with the email address, then no charge."
Got the first payment of $25, and all $25 came across. Yup, I guess it's the difference between using their button and just entering the email address. *shurg*
Old 10-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #61
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

Registered and money sent, great job getting the forum up Ben
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:53 AM   #62
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcPow View Post
Registered and money sent, great job getting the forum up Ben
Only $23.97 came across for you, I'm guessing because it says you are "Unverified."
Old 10-23-2012, 06:03 AM   #63
Joe Clutch
n00b

Hi Ben

I love the idea of this league but feel the risks of being awarded the 29th pick in the first round severely hamper any chances of winning as all the QB/WR/RB will be gone.

I don't know how awkward/difficult this would be but how about all the franchises start with exactly the same rated players (even if it's just for QB/WR/RB) then we draft, that way a lot of it comes down to gameplanning for the champion.

If not, I'm still seriously considering joining, just trying to work out if I can afford to lose all that money as I suck
Joe Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:06 AM   #64
Ben E Lou

That's an interesting idea, and I believe in some form that it's doable. (If nothing else, I think it's very easy to assign every single player at each position the exact same ratings.) That said, how we start needs to be up to the league as a whole.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:14 AM   #65
Joe Clutch
n00b

Quote:
That said, how we start needs to be up to the league as a whole.

Agreed.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #66
TRO
College Prospect

Quote:
Got the first payment of $25, and all $25 came across. Yup, I guess it's the difference between using their button and just entering the email address. *shurg*

I also sent it as a friend/family payment and not goods/services which would have a fee attached.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #67
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Clutch View Post
I love the idea of this league but feel the risks of being awarded the 29th pick in the first round severely hamper any chances of winning as all the QB/WR/RB will be gone.
By the way, the other thought I have on this is that I'm not sure you're exactly correct here. If we do a draft, it would be a snake draft. The guy who gets the monster-stud WR at 1.1 may well be stuck with drafting mediocrity at QB and WR at 2.32 and 3.1, which would be his next picks...if he even uses those on QB and WR. Granted, *I* would use those picks on QB and WR also, but I'm not playing in the league, and most everyone else won't have the chutzpah to draft 16 straight offensive players like I did when the BFL started.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #68
Joe Clutch
n00b

Quote:
By the way, the other thought I have on this is that I'm not sure you're exactly correct here. If we do a draft, it would be a snake draft. The guy who gets the monster-stud WR at 1.1 may well be stuck with drafting mediocrity at QB and WR at 2.32 and 3.1, which would be his next picks...if he even uses those on QB and WR. Granted, *I* would use those picks on QB and WR also, but I'm not playing in the league, and most everyone else won't have the chutzpah to draft 16 straight offensive players like I did when the BFL started.

I have thought of that, however, of the first 20 people, if say 7 take QB's, 8 take WR's and 5 take the top RB's I wouldn't expect the second tier of these positions to be near the franchise quality of the first tier (this is all assumed, and I know the ass of u and me saying).

So if, for example someone drafts a franchise QB with a top pick then has to wait till the bottom of the second round they will probably still pick up an average WR as if you have the choice at 2.1 - 2.20 to pick an average WR/RB or a stud CB/S or other position of note most will pick the stud.

But if you draft late in the first and early 2nd you get and average QB and average WR or studs in a lesser position.

It may not work out like that and I may be thinking in a very regimental way which might not be how this would go.

Any thoughts to expand my horizons?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #69
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Clutch View Post
I have thought of that, however, of the first 20 people, if say 7 take QB's, 8 take WR's and 5 take the top RB's I wouldn't expect the second tier of these positions to be near the franchise quality of the first tier (this is all assumed, and I know the ass of u and me saying).

So if, for example someone drafts a franchise QB with a top pick then has to wait till the bottom of the second round they will probably still pick up an average WR as if you have the choice at 2.1 - 2.20 to pick an average WR/RB or a stud CB/S or other position of note most will pick the stud.

But if you draft late in the first and early 2nd you get and average QB and average WR or studs in a lesser position.

It may not work out like that and I may be thinking in a very regimental way which might not be how this would go.

Any thoughts to expand my horizons?
Tough to say. I just quickly did two fictional starts to take a look at what the game generates for a draft. In both cases, I'd say that there were enough QBs and WRs for everyone to get one or another quality one. In the second setup, there are 22 WRs rated 65 or better* and 12 QBs 65 or better. You *might* be better off getting two 65 types at 1.32 and 2.1 than the one 85 type at 1.1 in this setup, though I can't say that with certainty.

*-By far the most interesting "where would he get drafted" from this one is a year-15 WR with 100BPR and 84 RR. I assume that the value of a guy like that increases dramatically in a play-for-money league (as well it should.)
Old 10-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #70
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Auction the first 320 players off with everyone getting a set budget(real world or otherwise).
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #71
claystone
H.S. Freshman Team

Hey Ben,

Trying to get Paypal on the phone to resolve my issue I'm having making a payment. I'll let you know the results.
claystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #72
claystone
H.S. Freshman Team

All good Ben, was able to fix the problem with paypal.

Money has been sent.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #73
Ben E Lou

Cool. Setting you and Yoda up...
Old 10-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #74
beeznik
n00b

Has a decision been made on how this is going to be run? I would like to join, but convincing my wife that I want to play in a fantasy fantasy football league with a 3 season $225 commitment would be tough to get by. And of course, I'm hesitant to pay a nonrefundable deposit without knowing the amount I'm in for at the league's inception.

Last edited by beeznik : 10-23-2012 at 01:45 PM.
beeznik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #75
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeznik View Post
Has a decision been made on how this is going to be run? I would like to join, but convincing my wife that I want to play in a fantasy fantasy football league with a 3 season $225 commitment would be tough to get by. And of course, I'm hesitant to pay a nonrefundable deposit without knowing the amount I'm in for at the league's inception.
Very fair questions there, and as a result, I think I should make two decrees:

1. First three seasons shall be no more than $75. (League can vote to increase at that point, but not before then.)
2. I'm only asking for a one-season financial commitment to get us started.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #76
Ben E Lou

Working on a different method of payment. Don't send anything via PayPal pls k thx.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #77
Subby
lolzcat

I am assuming you got mine - sent it last hour.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:36 AM   #78
RedKingGold
College Starter

I'm going to back out for now, but will watch the league with interest and may apply for a team if one opens up in the future.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #79
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
I am assuming you got mine - sent it last hour.
Yes, I did.

New payment method is set up. Go register at the league forum for details.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #80
claystone
H.S. Freshman Team

We have 14 GM's now we are looking for the remaining 18. I'm offering to pay the entry fee for the first 18 GM's that would like to play. You get to keep the winnings if you win. The catch will be, you must play at least 3 seasons.

Let me know by signing up here.

Thanks
Old 11-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #81
Sef0r
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone View Post
...I'm offering to pay the entry fee for the first 18 GM's that would like to play. You get to keep the winnings if you win. The catch will be, you must play at least 3 seasons.

Let me know by signing up here.

Thanks

Holy fuck me...are you serious?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #82
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r View Post
Yes, he is.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #83
scorp
Mascot

is this entry fee the 225 for the 1st 3 seasons?
Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #84
claystone
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Yes.

I'm only paying for their first season. Season 2-3 they are responsible for.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #85
claystone
H.S. Freshman Team

well one GM today just took me up on my offer.

Welcome aboard.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #86
scorp
Mascot

OK are the rules for the league set, as in not changing final version yet?
I saw in another thread that is $25 a season.
I would rather know what exactly the complete rules are before joining a money league.
Estimated start up date ( best guess since the league needs to fill up ) I would be dropping 2 leagues if I decide to join this one.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #87
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

It's $25 per season.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #88
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
well one GM today just took me up on my offer.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks. I wanted to get into this league from its inception, but was unable to secure 75. When it came down to 25, I considered it, but we're kind of financially bound at the moment. Here in a month or two I will be able to back myself, so the ability to get in on the ground floor is a big deal and your generosity is greatly appreciated.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:50 AM   #89
Sef0r
n00b

I am happy to take up your offer clay but need to understand what the total cost I have to fork out right away. Is it $150?
Old 11-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #90
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

With Clay's offer there is no initial cost. He is paying the $25 for your first season. As I understand it, he expects people to play and pay for at least two more seasons themselves in the future (so $25 each time a new season starts).
Old 11-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #91
Sef0r
n00b

When did it change from $75 to $25?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #92
Ben E Lou

Front Office Football Central - View Single Post - New FOF League Forming - $$ Stakes **JOIN FOR FREE AND KEEP YOUR EARNINGS**
Old 11-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #93
claystone
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcPow View Post
With Clay's offer there is no initial cost. He is paying the $25 for your first season. As I understand it, he expects people to play and pay for at least two more seasons themselves in the future (so $25 each time a new season starts).

That is correct, MalcPow.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #94
Sef0r
n00b

Quote:
That is correct, MalcPow.

Then I am in. I will play at least 3 seasons (will no doubt go longer). Do I qualify claystone?
Old 11-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #95
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

I am pretty sure he's taking all comers. Feel free to register at the boards and claim a team. The Cash Money Football League Forum

Will be great to have you.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #96
claystone
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Then I am in. I will play at least 3 seasons (will no doubt go longer). Do I qualify claystone?

You are good, Sef0r.

Your the 2nd GM to take me up on the offer. I hope to see more. we are not to far off from 32 GM's.

Last edited by claystone : 11-14-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #97
sjshaw
lolzcat

I'm in for Claystone's offer. Going to claim a team now under "Hollywood."

Last edited by sjshaw : 11-20-2012 at 08:54 PM.
sjshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #98
Ben E Lou

23 owners signed up now.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #99
claystone
H.S. Freshman Team

Sweet, all we need is (9) more GM's and we are done.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:40 AM   #100
MarkRidings
n00b

I'm in, I'm trying to figure out how to sign up for a team on the league forum.
MarkRidings is offline   Reply With Quote