Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM   #951
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Not a fan of the hype around the schedule release, but bonus points to the Chargers for their Sims schedule:

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/...serId=12743780

omg I am being spammed with articles about schedules now. WTF? When will the clickbait stop???
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM   #952
Bobble
College Prospect

I was trying to find some perspective on the Goff deal because the goal posts are always moving (get it?). I thought this from a tweet was a valid comparison:
Quote:
Spotrac
QB Average Salary vs. League Salary Cap at Signing
1. J. Burrow, 24.4%
2. J. Allen, 23.5%
3. J. Herbert, 23.3%
4. L. Jackson, 23.1%
5. P. Mahomes, 22.7%
6. J. Hurts, 22.6%
7. K. Murray, 22.1%
8. D. Watson, 22%
9. D. Prescott, 21.9%
10. J. Goff, 20.7%
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM   #953
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
What were the Lions realistic options if they didn't sign Goff?

This is the key point. Goff is known, Goff works (with this OC, especially). Are you going to go through the season with the distraction of his contract looming and maybe make a run at Prescott (who may or may not be an upgrade anyway)?

I think it's the right choice and in two years with cap rises it's not going to look outlandish anyway.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM   #954
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
omg I am being spammed with articles about schedules now. WTF? When will the clickbait stop???

with all due respect, and all... are you, like, a nine year old girl?

you bring to a football forum such a range of things that seem out of place here, it's like you just typed in random characters into a search engine to get here as if you lost a bet or something

anyway... yes, professional football is a huge money making machine, it has various rules and stuff, and teams do things all year long that make for news for those of us who are fans of it all... that's kinda what we do here (among other things)

best of luck
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM   #955
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
with all due respect, and all... are you, like, a nine year old girl?

you bring to a football forum such a range of things that seem out of place here, it's like you just typed in random characters into a search engine to get here as if you lost a bet or something

anyway... yes, professional football is a huge money making machine, it has various rules and stuff, and teams do things all year long that make for news for those of us who are fans of it all... that's kinda what we do here (among other things)

best of luck

heh it was meant more comically than you took it but I've said before that I haven't really followed football really closely for more than a decade and I don't think I've ever followed offseason this closely. And that's pretty much thanks to you guys peaking my interest. I'm really enjoying it actually.
But lemme guess. It may be possible you think you know everything and thus people like me that know nothing about it, you'd rather ridicule than actually answer or casually chat with. Seems to me ThAT's more the 9 year old behavior you're referring to. So like chill out. That said I really am enjoying reading your off season stuff especially with the cardinals

As for what I was specficially referring to, On my desktop in the lower right corner there is a news feed that pops up and I guess since I have read a bunch of football articles it gives me more. That happened before with the mock draft stuff and that confusedc me. Even you guys complained about those. And now it's doing the same with the schedules. Like not just one but many articles every day lately rating schedules. Just surprised there are just so many which all amount to opinions. Facebook too is doing that. But you guys said it before and probably will say it again that most of that is just garbage. That was kinda my point.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : Yesterday at 09:58 PM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote