Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #6401
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

One change I want to make for next time, and I will come back to tis thread and check it out, is that I want assassins to have 8 hp/level

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #6402
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I think the Lay Healer is a secret tank of massiveness and bhlloy was realizing it. Expertise and Toughen make clerics able to solo things, and the Lay Healer with Expertise and the armor of a Myrmidon doesn;t even need Toughen, which is subtly what makes them so good - able to use max armor and shield. Lay healer doesn;t waste a turn to heal, and has the HP and Attack ability of a fighter. I almost dropped Expertise from the cleric list because of the Lay Healer's ability to break it, and even though a lot of clerics went in that direction, I don't think it was that bad.

This is true, but I would bear in mind that I wouldn't have even have been able to take expertise but for the free two levels I got from hoops drinking the potion. If you could get past level 6 quick enough you might have a shot at winning but it's pretty tough to do on your own. Even with the two free levels I still didn't really get close to winning.

I think if I could do it again I might try and stick to a two person party but beggars can't be choosers, when Zinto and Julio came along I was barely scraping by the level 1 battles I was fighting. And honestly, I can think of one battle at least we may not have won if there were only two of us. There's very little room for error with that class.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #6403
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I also want to find a way to further distinguish Qwith and Dvergr as races. i wanna add something else to Guzak besides size and falling damage prevention, which only kicked in a few times. Size doesn't work as much as a mechanic in parties. I may need to pull size for doors completely if keep the party mechanic. I don't want a party with two guzaks and one human to run into places the humies cannot go.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #6404
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
This is true, but I would bear in mind that I wouldn't have even have been able to take expertise but for the free two levels I got from hoops drinking the potion. If you could get past level 6 quick enough you might have a shot at winning but it's pretty tough to do on your own. Even with the two free levels I still didn't really get close to winning.

I think if I could do it again I might try and stick to a two person party but beggars can't be choosers, when Zinto and Julio came along I was barely scraping by the level 1 battles I was fighting. And honestly, I can think of one battle at least we may not have won if there were only two of us. There's very little room for error with that class.

True, it's a great class and I like it. It was very risky to include it, because I wasn;t sure how it woud go, and overall I'm pleased, and I'd love to hear your take. Getting in a party with two warriors was great for them. How many times, including once just recently, did you save their life? How many healing potions did you save them at the end of the day?

I think I may amp up lay healer to mace from club

Old 04-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #6405
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, I want to finish The Gods of Pegana before I head to bed

Old 04-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #6406
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
One change I want to make for next time, and I will come back to tis thread and check it out, is that I want assassins to have 8 hp/level

Yeah they seemed kind of weak
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #6407
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here's something I was thinking about as well.

What if we had you keep your own inventory on page one, in your sign up post. Then you could update when when you traded, got something, or used something.

Good thing, much less bookkeeping on my part

Bad thing, everybody knows what everybody has

Old 04-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #6408
Danny
Head Coach

I dont think that would work unless you eliminated any chance of pvp
Old 04-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #6409
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
He will act all cocky when he comes here, but he was sweating it

That's because I went in without full power! I was without dodge, icy blast, and my "Ram" ring abilities.

SILL KICKED ASS THOUGH!!!

And who were those who doubted me? You know who you were, crawl back into the shadows!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #6410
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
And you would have gotten it had JAG or Darth used the ARENA - so don't yell at me.,...

I REALLY wanted to use the Arena lol. If I had all my spells I would have, seemed like alot of fun

Worked out in the end though so I'm happy. Damn did those horse figurines come in handy near the end

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 04-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #6411
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Congrats CF, awesome job

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 04-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #6412
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

ABE, thank you so much for this awesome game!!!!!!!! Had loads of fun, even if I had died early on it still would have been epic. Can't even fathom all the work you had to put in to making this.

Truly spectacular!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 04-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #6413
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Hoopsy and Rummy?

SUCK MY JUNK!!!!!!!!! You never stood a chance against me

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #6414
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Nah just kidding, had fun with you guys Had fun with everyone here!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 04-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #6415
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

And I even got to kill my dragon lol. Well kind of

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 04-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #6416
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

EPICNESS!!!!!!!!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 04-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #6417
Danny
Head Coach

Surprised no one took a Taurian Myrmidon, seemed like a powerful combo, though maybe a bit boring
Old 04-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #6418
Danny
Head Coach

Trow Beserker would have been interested lol
Old 04-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #6419
Danny
Head Coach

interesting
Old 04-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #6420
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Trow Beserker would have been interested lol

I killed one of those

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 04-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #6421
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I actually owe hoops some of the credit. The potion of armageddon gave me my awesome armor I

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 04-27-2012, 12:21 AM   #6422
Danny
Head Coach

Imagine Trow Beserker with PB's items.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:22 AM   #6423
Danny
Head Coach

For next time, I would like to suggest a maximum number of potions held at one time along with a maximum # of horse figurines. The potion + figurine strategy is really too powerful.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #6424
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I increased the value of the Horse Figurine and Nocturne Pot by 25% from last time, and I really didn't see a lot of abuse. Parties really hold them down i think.

What may be interesting is to say that if you use one, you can't use th eother on the same day

Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #6425
Danny
Head Coach

Yeah, maybe not so bad. Potions do seem too readily available.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:49 AM   #6426
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I expected death and got a win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll take it!

PRAISE BE TO MIGHTY MITHRIS AND GENTLE HARKANGI!

And I totally share this victory in their name with my friend and brother Ntndeacon without whose bravery and loyalty I could not have won.

Black market
Crims's'sonox Gives All my money and praise and friendship to ntndeacon

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-27-2012 at 01:50 AM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:03 AM   #6427
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Abe ssssssso likessss to ssssee me sssquirm and believe me I did a lot of it.

Hoopssss my turning pointssss were
1) the divide between the ticks and the water weird room where I actually at the last minute I sent an order to abe not to move. I rested for a day. Did similar between the Painting ghost room and the Carrion Crawler. In both cases I likely would have died otherwise without the healing.

2) When I Traded to Zinto food and money for that Ssssscroll of Protection from Acid. The very next room (or sssoon thereafter) wassss my firssst level four room. It wasss a tentacled creature that wasss total acccid damage. That shot me up a level.

3) Right before I went to a harder level, I wasss waffling and trying every trick and argument in the book to get more protection, more damage, sssomething. Even argued with abe to let me ussse the platemail i ended up trading with dubb. NOthing. I sssent in an order to buy thingsss even though there wasss no cleric itemsss at all available. But there was the XP potion that I forgot to submit for. At the last minute (again) I resent in my order putting that at the top. Surprisingly I won it and that gave me a level boost immediately to...um...5 or 6 I think. That too I think gave me the boost I needed to keep from dying

4) Choosssing battle cleric ssspells of Expertise and Toughen. I knew I wanted these from day 1. FIt my character. During all fightssss I fought asss a fighter with d8 HP insstead of d6 plusss healing

5) teaming with ntn. At firssst I wondered if I should have broken off asss I took on the firssst two roomssss with itemsss I had. BUt the nexxxt 3 roomssss ...at leassst one of them I would have died I am sure without ntndeacon asss I soaked a lot of damage and spent most of the time healing while ntn did a lot of damage.

6) Scrollssss... I used 2 scrolls of Protection from Undead (vs...Painting Ghost and Vampire), Prot Acid (vs. tentacled swamp thing) and Prot vs Normal Weapons (vs Giants). After the Ghossst fight I bought them whenever I sssaw them.

I really thought the early backtracking I did and frequent waffling during the game about charging forward would put me far behind and that other people's knowledge of the game would help them more. But I've played enough D&D to know to go into every fight at peak or else don't go into it....and of course ask lotws of questions about how to use Items. (and yes abe hates me now I know it)
Old 04-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #6428
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And Hoops, I wassss actually hoping to find the arena because I was going to duel you! Not in a mean dickheaded way but in an honorable mono-a-mono, fight to the finish, winner-take-all type of way.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:07 AM   #6429
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Congrats DV You spent a lot of the game invisible. I frequently forgot you were playing. Please regale us with tales and stories of your epic quest.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:08 AM   #6430
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Autumn and KWHIT I was really sad you guys didn't find me. After Kwhit killed Autumn I took the TUrn Undead spell and was cackling with glee at the thought of you guys fleeing the dungeon.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:24 AM   #6431
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 04-27-2012, 02:24 AM   #6432
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 04-27-2012, 02:48 AM   #6433
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh yeah Abe if nothing else likes to screw with me. The title of the email from the afternoon action was "Here comes the pain..."
Old 04-27-2012, 02:58 AM   #6434
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUBB! FOR YOUR PRESENT WE'LL LET YOU WIN THE DUNGEON!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:26 AM   #6435
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Surprised no one took a Taurian Myrmidon, seemed like a powerful combo, though maybe a bit boring

I totally expect everyone to take a fighter next Dungeon. It seems the easiest way to dominate through everything quickly without having to group up.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:37 AM   #6436
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
You have achieved a major victory, not you can win the dungeon for the minor victory.

Minor victory achieved!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:38 AM   #6437
Danny
Head Coach

Yoou post too much
Old 04-27-2012, 03:38 AM   #6438
Danny
Head Coach

Yup, nice! I can still achieve amajorvictoru
Old 04-27-2012, 03:39 AM   #6439
Danny
Head Coach

Ill get there by 2014
Old 04-27-2012, 03:40 AM   #6440
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Exactly! As quickly as people were dying when they did die there's no way there was fudging. The early deaths of Kwhit, Autumn, and mckerney scared the crap out of me so much that I second guessed everything I did from then on.

Quote:
I never fudge rolls. Death is meaningless if I don't. Then Kwhit and Thomkal and mckerney and all of the rest would be quite upset at me, and understandably so.

Sometimes I change what is in a room based on situation, if a creature was super easy to kill maybe it won't has as many items, or putting 6 items in that chest seemed like a good idea at the time, but now. Or if a creature was really hard to kill maybe there's more gold or something, but I never cheat combat rolls.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:41 AM   #6441
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Yoou post too much

I posssst not ENOUGH!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:45 AM   #6442
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Crims's'sinox (played by CrimsonFox)

Level 10 Red Priest of Mithris and Harkangi, Good, Sis'Sharr

Knew Cure Light Wounds, Moderate Wounds, Heal, Detect Evil, Toughen, Expertise, Pro Fire and Cold, Turn Undead and don't forget Cureall! (Never got to use)

Hammer of Thunderbolts
Bracers of Expertise
Rhagodessa Plate
Ring of Protection +1
Ring of Wisdom
Coin Purse of Bounty
Brooch of Life Holding
6x healign Pots; Pot - Remedy; Scroll Prot Acid, Wand Trap Removal, Metamorph, etc
and my favorite magic item name...The Morgenstern of Truth! Abe you wanna tell the folks at home the story of this magic item of shall I?

fixed...
Old 04-27-2012, 04:02 AM   #6443
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I had fun playing the bard, but I'd definitely try something different next time.

whatever you choose, Jack, you MUST put the word "Drunken" in your name
Old 04-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #6444
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
whatever you choose, Jack, you MUST put the word "Drunken" in your name

That can be arranged
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #6445
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I told people to go heavy potion / horse figurine. I just never had the means to do so myself.

If I'm thinking about how to tweak the game, this would be where I would do it. Don't make the monsters harder, just make potions and horses more scarce to limit the players ability to get early gold, load up on these, and roll through every battle.

That would result in a greater risk aspect, balancing out the obvious reward, of pushing for non-stop battles.

I would also suggest that there should be some element of healing overnight to balance this out, maybe 10% of health, to ensure someone isn't stuck without healing or potions and stuck sitting for 5 days.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #6446
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
And Sorcerer counters that by having no issues with spell selection. A Sorcerer with Magic Missile can kill a few small creatures, level up, take the powerful Cure, and you are in the money, you know?

I want to give the back three more power with more spells next time. I already know a few more classes I wanna add.

I vote for you to add Psionicist.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #6447
Thomkal
Head Coach

surprised none of the Rangers won-thought that class was going to be a stud-maybe if the damn Ghouls hadn't found me...
Old 04-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #6448
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Abe, this was ANOTHER terrific game. I'm putting some thought into how the game went and I'll post my ideas/reflections later. But I wanted to thank you.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #6449
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Autumn and KWHIT I was really sad you guys didn't find me. After Kwhit killed Autumn I took the TUrn Undead spell and was cackling with glee at the thought of you guys fleeing the dungeon.

I'm really sad they didn't find you too.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #6450
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Limiting potions may make it impossible to solo. I literally popped 10 pots and my self heal on some fights. If it becomes a party game then so be it, but no one is going to solo very many level 4 rooms with potions, unless they are some sort of powerful solo class. At that point you may have a game of 20 sorcerers and battle mages.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote