Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-21-2015, 09:52 PM   #301
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Our departures include a couple projected first rounders, which is nice.

WR Steven Adkins only got one year as the starting top target for us, but he produced well in that role and had 78 career catches for 1333 yards and 10 scores with only 8 drops. He also returned 6 kicks for TDs this past season. Every year our return man has bested his predecessor, so we'll see if the next guy up can outpace Adkins.

WR Eric Hardy is a tough story. He was all set to be our ace WR alongside Adkins this past season but was lost for the year in the second game I think. He only ended up with 12 catches for 216 yards and a score. As our top punt returner he was averaging about 15 a return before he went down. Nevertheless, the pros like what they hear about the kid and he is excited to show what he can do on the next level.

92 OVR C Kyle Perry is a huge loss for our O-Line. He was a stud. We hope the next man up can be as steady. Unfortunate that he is not projected to be drafted.

K Matt Brigham, AKA the boomstick was a kickoff beast, and that might be why he is projected in the 4th round. Rarely did any opponent even get a chance to return his kickoffs, as they often nailed the base of the field goal apparatus, out of play. He could also hit FG's from 60 if needed, which is a luxury we will miss when we need 3 points in a tight contest in the future.

LB Jeff Palmer doesn't look like much on paper with his 82 OVR, but he was a LB with 89 speed, 84 Agility, 99 Acceleration, and 92 Zone coverage. I think if I was a bit better at scheming he would have been more impactful, but he could often be relied on to cover the middle of the field like a safety, which is a level of versatility I crave in my LBs. I think it would have helped if I could have run some of my exotic schemes in the National championship with Palmer as the centerpiece.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:25 AM   #302
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow Transfer Requests - Deadline is 11/27 (Fri) at 11 p.m. EST

We're on to transfer requests.

The website is giving me problems, so I can't see who has transfer requests.

Last edited by Kodos : 11-23-2015 at 07:28 AM.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:30 AM   #303
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Major loses for Buffalo

QB Homesick boy - I am not going to look his name up, it hurts. He is an 80 rated FR that was to be my backup to Gates this season.

RB Michael Smith - He is projected to go in the 5th round, he was my 93 rated RB that helped me when my WR's weren't ready in his FR year.

FS Doug Hunter - I am going to miss this guy. He is a projected 1st round pick, was an all around DB and was tops in the league every year on KR and PR barely losing the hardware to UTSA's guy this year.

I think my Punter is projected to go in the 7th, not 100% sure but Harrington was solid for me the last couple of years and he will be missed.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:45 PM   #304
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

No surprises - no transfer requests to us. USC is set to advance.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:20 AM   #305
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Ne requests for me, I'm good to go. I think the only one that has a transfer request is Indiana.

FUCK EA
Old 11-24-2015, 11:40 AM   #306
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow Offseason Recruiting - Deadline is 11/27 (Fri) at 11 p.m. EST

The big week is here. Come to IU, Rivero. We'll get you the Heisman.

Last edited by Kodos : 11-24-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:08 PM   #307
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
The big week is here. Come to IU, Rivero. We'll get you the Heisman.

Rivero, you know USC will make you a superstar!
Old 11-24-2015, 03:18 PM   #308
MacroGuru
Coordinator

What about Buffalo....think I could swing him to come here...LOL...
Old 11-24-2015, 04:36 PM   #309
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

What am I missing?
I had a cup of coffee with Rivero. To me he is a pure CB and I couldnt see the value in fighting you vultures for a CB.

His 67 catching rules out WR.

65 Vision rules out RB for anything but sweeps...though that elusiveness and speed combo is intriguing the low strength, trucking and break tackle scores makes him easy to bring down.

Dont get me wrong, I see a 1st round CB...but not enough to make me fight over him.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:38 PM   #310
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Oh yeah ready to advance
Old 11-24-2015, 09:17 PM   #311
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
What am I missing?
I had a cup of coffee with Rivero. To me he is a pure CB and I couldnt see the value in fighting you vultures for a CB.

His 67 catching rules out WR.

65 Vision rules out RB for anything but sweeps...though that elusiveness and speed combo is intriguing the low strength, trucking and break tackle scores makes him easy to bring down.

Dont get me wrong, I see a 1st round CB...but not enough to make me fight over him.

You're right. The other guys shouldn't even bother with him.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:57 AM   #312
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Easy decision. USC is set to advance.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #313
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm all in, good to go.

FUCK EA
Old 11-25-2015, 02:28 PM   #314
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Buffalo is done...
Old 11-25-2015, 02:55 PM   #315
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hold on to your butts...
Old 11-25-2015, 03:01 PM   #316
Kodos
Resident Alien

IU lands Rivero, but misses out on Danny Estes, an ATH we were hoping we could get and play at DT.

Still, happy with the outcome. Looks like USC and UTSA put their points elsewhere?
Old 11-25-2015, 03:06 PM   #317
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Woot!

We landed our Top 3 targets!
To finish 2nd only to Indiana in regards to top overall class.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:10 PM   #318
Kodos
Resident Alien

Huh. My class has about 6 guys that I didn't have on my board. And a QB who was on my board that I never offered a scholarship to.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:27 PM   #319
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I am going to look now.... can't wait to see the results!!
Old 11-25-2015, 03:30 PM   #320
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
IU lands Rivero, but misses out on Danny Estes, an ATH we were hoping we could get and play at DT.

Still, happy with the outcome. Looks like USC and UTSA put their points elsewhere?

USC decided to focus on 2 other guys who were higher targets. Specifically, we really wanted T.J. Lambert, the #1 receiver in the class, a 6'5" freak with great speed, acceleration, and catching. We focused the remainder of our points on the #3 WR, Shawn Ernst, in the class who had even better speed while also having very good size. Rivero in reality was a distant 3rd priority for us and we didn't focus on him.

I'm happy to say that we got both of the guys who were our real top priorities!

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-25-2015 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:44 PM   #321
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

We didn't put anything on Rivero. Thought about putting everything on him, but didn't think it would be enough, and didn't want to waste opportunities to land several other guys instead.

FUCK EA
Old 11-25-2015, 03:53 PM   #322
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Time for a recap of our class which finished #3 in the nation behind Indiana and Florida Atlantic, but features more 5 star players than either of them:

5 stars:

T.J. Lambert, the #1 WR in the nation and #6 player overall - He was from Oklahoma so we had to work on him a bit due to his desire to be close to home, but our tradition and championship tradition eventually convinced him to come to us. At 6'5 204 lbs, he doesn't have blistering speed, but he has very good speed and great hands. Furthermore, he runs tremendous routes already. He is a sure fire #1 receiver for us in a year or two.

Shawn Ernst, the #3 WR in the nation - He was across the country in Georgia but he didn't care about anything other than program tradition, pro potential, and conference prestige. As a result, we didn't have to work quite as hard to pick him up. He is 6'2 184 and is a true burner who will become our best deep threat in a year or two. He doesn't have the spectacular hands of Lambert but they are good enough...

J. Johnson - The #4 player in the nation and #1 player in CA was a must get for us and we secured him relatively quickly. At 6'0 180, he has the skills to play either QB, RB, or WR for us. My best guess is that he gets in line at QB but we will see...

4 stars:

C A. Carter - The #4 C in the country and #1 C in CA. He saw the depth chart and knew he wanted to be a Trojan. He is a likely starter in a year or two.

G C. Keyes - The #3 G in the country out of NC always wanted to come play for USC. I don't know why, but we loved this kid for it. He could play some this year and is a likely starter by next year.

Athlete C. Washington - At 6'0 172, this speedy player out of Louisiana reminds some people of our old HB Joe McKnight. He is a gliding runner who has very good but not elite top speed. Interestingly, his best position might be corner back although he wants the rock.

CB C Johnson - This player out of Pennsylvania was our top target at CB. He has very good speed and coverage abilities already. He will be a starter down the road.

CB B. Norwood - This was our 1B target at CB. This speedy player from MS has very good coverage abilities already.

SS J. Huff - The #2 SS in the nation and #1 in CA. A local kid who knew he wanted to come to USC and we are glad to have him. He doesn't have the speed of some of our classic safeties, but he is a big hitter at 6'1 195 and should intimidate receivers.

Athlete R. Cochran - This is our smallest athlete at 5'10 166. He has the elusiveness and speed to be a scatback but also has skills to play at CB. Tough decision for this one...

Athlete D. Thomas - This guy is a player we identified as a gem early in the process. This 6'1 215 pound player out of Texas has excellent speed for his size and is great at zone coverage. He also has all of the tools to be a RB for us. S vs RB will be a tough choice for our coaches...

TE R. Harrington - We need to groom our next TE and this was the top TE in CA and 4th best in the nation. He is 6'5 249 with good speed for his size and ok receiving abilities although he is best at blocking at this point...

T A. Parker - We desperately need OL and this was the top T in the nation. At 6'3 300, he is a bit short for T but his technique is great. He might start for us as a true freshman...

3 star players:

DT M. Mooney - We missed out on the top DT's and we needed a depth guy, so we signed this player from Ohio. He is undersized at 6'4 254 and will need to redshirt and develop but he should add depth down the road.

OLB F. Green - We missed out on our top LB targets and this kid approached us BEGGING to be a Trojan. He is a nice depth guy at 6'1 220 with decent mobility and good tackling abilities.

FS B. Simpson - We think this 3 star is a hidden gem. He has tremendous speed and athleticism which we love in our zafeties and is a surprisingly big hitter at 5'10 185. If he can develop, he could start down the road...

TE B. Cutler - This kid from California really wanted to be a Trojan and he worked hard and had a good senior year, so we took a flier on him. He is undersized at 6'1 230 and might be more of an H-Back for us. We'll see.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-25-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:16 PM   #323
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

EA servers have beeen down on XBOX for 2 hours here.
Ugh.
I hate this company
Old 11-25-2015, 07:20 PM   #324
Kodos
Resident Alien

Post 2020 Recruiting Results

Last edited by Kodos : 11-25-2015 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:31 PM   #325
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow Position Changes - Deadline is 11/29 (Sun) at 11 p.m. EST

We're on to position changes. As always, I recommend that you make the changes in game, not on the site.

Last edited by Kodos : 11-26-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:42 PM   #326
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'll probably do mine Friday.

FUCK EA
Old 11-26-2015, 12:20 AM   #327
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I can't do mine until Saturday / Sunday
Old 11-26-2015, 11:32 AM   #328
Kodos
Resident Alien

No problem. No rush. Think I accidentally left the old deadline.

Last edited by Kodos : 11-26-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:28 AM   #329
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Changes made. I like our team this year. Should be interesting.

FUCK EA
Old 11-28-2015, 12:36 PM   #330
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Changes done....My hell I thought I had a deeper team. Going to be an interesting season.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:49 PM   #331
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Changes done. I think my team has the tools to repeat this year. My only question is the OL and who will step up to be our #1 receiver.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:52 AM   #332
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Changes done.
We are ok. Still 1 year away from being re-stocked.

Cuts will be hard for this team this year as they will shape us moving forward. Going to have to take some bumps next year to position better for the long run.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:00 PM   #333
TyroneTheCalzone
n00b

any openings?
TyroneTheCalzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #334
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyroneTheCalzone View Post
any openings?

Hi Tyrone. Yes, there are openings, but you'd have to start with one of the teams in the bottom tier. This is a promotion-relegation league that has been going for 10 seasons (we're entering the 11th season). You absolutely are welcome to join, but I just wanted you to know upfront that you'd be coming in at a disadvantage. Another option would be to join the American Conference league, which is not a promotion-relegation league, and has only been going for one season (it's in year 2 right now). If you join The American league, you would start with Maassluis (we'd move Maassluis back into the American Conference in year 3). Let me know which league you'd prefer and what your Xbox Live handle is, and I'll send you an invitation.

Last edited by Kodos : 11-29-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:28 AM   #335
Kodos
Resident Alien

Sorry, meant to advance us last night (I like to do this stage from the console, not on the web). Will move us forward tonight. Does anyone care if I blast right past training results?
Old 12-02-2015, 09:09 AM   #336
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

go for it.

FUCK EA
Old 12-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #337
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I am all for it. Can't wait to get to the games!
Old 12-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #338
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

No objections here
Old 12-02-2015, 08:43 PM   #339
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow Cuts - Deadline is 12/5 (Sat) at 11 p.m. EST

We're on to cuts.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:02 PM   #340
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC is done. Jimmy Stewart is set to have a HUGE year... salivating.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:47 AM   #341
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Cuts done and Gates is going to be running for his life or quick passes. I didn't realize my G situation was as bad as it is.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:10 AM   #342
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, I've done that a couple of times -- roll into a season and see that my o-line is only 6 or 7 playable players.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:25 PM   #343
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, I've done that a couple of times -- roll into a season and see that my o-line is only 6 or 7 playable players.

My oline is like that this year... Maybe it will slow down Stewart.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:43 PM   #344
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
My oline is like that this year... Maybe it will slow down Stewart.

I would have pushed harder for higher rated G's if I would have known my G's would stay in their OVR of 60's and not bust into the 70's range like I thought they might.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 12-03-2015 at 02:00 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #345
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm hoping to get this handled tonight. Things got pushed back a day today, my boy was home sick.

FUCK EA
Old 12-03-2015, 02:27 PM   #346
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Nevermind, did my cuts online because the guys I needed to cut were few and I had a couple walk ons that were just aching to stop practicing with the good players.

FUCK EA
Old 12-04-2015, 12:55 PM   #347
Kodos
Resident Alien

Okay, I think we're down to CU.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:56 PM   #348
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
2020 Conference Championships

2020 Promotions & Relegations

For my own reference when we hit the next stage.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:04 PM   #349
Kodos
Resident Alien

It'd be cool if we could do a Big Ten-SEC Challenge where every team in those leagues plays a team from the other conference the week before conference schedules kick in. We could maybe do it on a small level if we had equal numbers of owners in each conference.

Last edited by Kodos : 12-04-2015 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:59 PM   #350
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

done here