Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Re-Downloading the League File

I miss it when these FOOL leagues were set up in OOTPX so I could just say "Load the Online League File" after I screwed something up and it would go ahead and re-download the league even if I already had it. Much easier than manually going over and re-downloading the file and walking through the pain of extracting the .tar.gz manually.

As long as OOTP is going to continue to be stupid about forcing saves and not having an undo that is.

gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I miss it when these FOOL leagues were set up in OOTPX so I could just say "Load the Online League File" after I screwed something up and it would go ahead and re-download the league even if I already had it. Much easier than manually going over and re-downloading the file and walking through the pain of extracting the .tar.gz manually.

As long as OOTP is going to continue to be stupid about forcing saves and not having an undo that is.

Greg,

I think I have a trick for you there. If you go to Game -> FTP Options

For League File download options, it should be checkmarked to download via FTP and have the ftp server info there. But it also should have the Web URL to download the file as well correct?

Uncheck the download via FTP box and it should change to only show the league file name and the URL correct? Save it as that and then try to download the file, it should change to now download via HTTP instead of FTP which I do not believe checks to see if you have the current file or not.

Note: if your URL is 404 Not Found change it to 404 Not Found instead since I've moved the file locations over.

Let me know if that works, it should though. And when you download the new file, it will revert back to FTP for the next attempt (or it should)

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote