Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-18-2010, 07:01 PM   #2651
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
If you get a chance to read TNA spoilers, I suggest not doing it. You may vomit.

hogan wins the title?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #2652
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
hogan wins the title?

Based on the warning above I hunted down the spoilers and I can assure you that the reality of the spoilers is on a completely different level of stupidity.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #2653
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah me too
Old 01-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #2654
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

File under: "I would have paid to see this..."

TNA Knockout Awesome Kong was sent home from the most recent set of tapings due to her attacking radio host and recent TNA signing Bubba the Love Sponge for insensitive comments he had made about the earthquake in Haiti.

Bubba had said on his twitter feed ""I say fuck hati. Why do we have to take care of everybody our country is in shambles. Bubba"

Needless to say, that enraged Awesome Kong, who had set up numerous fundraising efforts for Haiti.

Bubba and Awesome Kong were both sent home, and rumor has it that Bubba has been told that he's REALLY on the edge, and he may get fired no matter what he does in the situation from now on (he's already posted an apology)
Old 01-19-2010, 10:57 AM   #2655
MikeVic
Head Coach

So what are the TNA spoilers?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:02 AM   #2656
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Spoiler
Old 01-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #2657
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Bubba and Awesome Kong were both sent home, and rumor has it that Bubba has been told that he's REALLY on the edge, and he may get fired no matter what he does in the situation from now on (he's already posted an apology)

Then again, he also Twittered/posted that what he said was on his time, not Dixie's so it (paraphrasing here) wasn't really her business. And he called on his "army" to deluge TNA with messages to let them know (again paraphrasing but it's close) that he was bigger than they were.

That was before the sudden apology so I suspect his buddy Hogan told him he had to.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #2658
molson
General Manager

The TNA spoiler is lame, but not catastrophic. I actually have much higher expectations in the entertaining train wreck department.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:08 PM   #2659
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
The TNA spoiler is lame, but not catastrophic. I actually have much higher expectations in the entertaining train wreck department.

Look at the list of who went over & I think we've got the train wreck part covered pretty well. "Entertaining" is a whole different story.

I think the one highlight from this week's taping has to be the crowd chant that made AJ laugh during his attempt at a heel promo.
Spoiler
Old 01-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #2660
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Yep, about like I figured ...

TNA Wrestling News - Breaking EXCLUSIVE Update: Kong-Bubba Backstage Fight

AngryMarks.com has a report from today's Bubba The Love Sponge show. Hulk Hogan was a guest today, and they discussed the real reason Bubba was sent home, Awesome Kong apparently beat him up for the remarks he made in regards to Haiti. Here is what was said on the show�

Bubba: She was wearing wrestling gear, and she came in on me and sucker punched me right on my left cheeck, and I was like, what's going on... then she came out me again, hit me again in the mouth, and she goes, "This if for Haiti! This is for Haiti!" and I'm lke "What is going on?" Finally I put my left hand out and push her away from me, and she comes at me again and I just cover up, because I cannot fight back on a woman. Not only will I be fired from TNA, which I probably am, but my radio career is gone if I take a woman out!

Hulk Hogan: I tell you what, after what happened, if you had clocked her you'd have got away with it. What nobody knows, and this is the real truth, that there were certain people there... she should get off the property, she should be fired immediately, that's it. It was so violent. You could have actually lost an eye, you could have had your teeth knocked out. But, to give you your creedo, you are the one who said not to fire her.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #2661
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

LMAO @ Hogan sticking up for his crony
Old 01-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #2662
molson
General Manager

I have a bad feeling this is just an angle to setup Bubba v. Kong.

Last edited by molson : 01-19-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #2663
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
+1
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:40 PM   #2664
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I disagree. I'm not sure lame is a strong enough word to describe the thought processes that went into this booking.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:41 PM   #2665
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ugh
Old 01-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #2666
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
That actually sounds like a fun angle. I'd pay money to see that on PPV.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #2667
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
That actually sounds like a fun angle. I'd pay money to see that on PPV.

FWIW, I'm seeing comments in some of the dirt sheets that the incident was "as real as it gets" and was actually far worse than what BtLS described this morning. Apparently they had problems restraining Kong.

Now the whole Borash-is-off-TV thing, that smells a lot like a worked shoot to me.

edit: Beside, even TPTB wouldn't actually try to do two worker-vs-media angles simultaneously would they? Remember, we've still got Jarrett vs Bonaduce coming up.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 01-19-2010 at 03:09 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #2668
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Dirt sheet says Alissa Flash aka Melissa Anderson aka Cheerleader Melissa has been granted her release from TNA as requested.

Reports started this afternoon that Kong has requested her release as well & rumors are starting to grow that a number of other release requests have been made as well, intensifying after the Kong/Bubba incident.

Earlier today Hogan called for the end of all house shows indefinitely & chuckled along suggesting that it was PMS as Bubba referred to Kong as a "bitch".

edit to add: Oh, btw, the latest episode quarter-hour ratings breakdown has been done. Highest rated segment of the night?
"The Beautiful People" against Awesome Kong and Hamada with the return of Angelina Love gained 100,000 viewers and did a 1.34 quarter, making it the highest rated segment on the show.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 01-21-2010 at 08:34 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:30 PM   #2669
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey32 View Post
Not true. That spoiler is wrong. Correct Spoiler below.

Um, that's not what we got here in the US tonight.. we got the Montreal thing
Old 01-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #2670
DeToxRox
Head Coach

So uh, on the March 1st Raw, Cheech and Chong are going to host.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #2671
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I hate it when the writers try to be too clever, and the whole Montreal job from last night was a perfect example. Had it been done another way, it would have been very compelling and effective. Angle is promised one last shot at the title and Hogan engineers a screwjob, Angle blows his stack, now we have real drama. Trying to cram that into the framework of the Montreal Screwjob - especially since it's been done a thousand times - cheapend it.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #2672
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Look at the list of who went over & I think we've got the train wreck part covered pretty well. "Entertaining" is a whole different story.

I think the one highlight from this week's taping has to be the crowd chant that made AJ laugh during his attempt at a heel promo.
Spoiler

is there a youtube or similar video of this?

Also, since I don't have dish or directv, i did discover that ROH on HDNET are on youtube usually by thursday.
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #2673
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst View Post
is there a youtube or similar video of this?

If there is I can't find it
Old 01-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #2674
Terps
College Prospect

Should be in this video, but I can't turn my speakers up since I'm at work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMnH5nhUUZI
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #2675
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps View Post

Unfortunately that's the edited version where they dubbed out the chant & his reaction. The video edit wasn't obvious to me but the audio edit seemed pretty obvious, there's a section where they dub an "A.J." chant in but it sounds hollow as well as out of place because it just suddenly emerges instead of hearing it build up.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #2676
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps View Post

The crowd comes off as being incredibly apathetic in that video.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #2677
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
The crowd comes off as being incredibly apathetic in that video.

That tends to happen when you tell the crowd to just sit there & be quiet before the show starts.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #2678
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Noted dirt sheet The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Impact will move to Monday's permanently starting in March.

TNA Wrestling News - BREAKING NEWS: TNA Moving To Monday Nights Permanently
Old 01-27-2010, 10:20 PM   #2679
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Noted dirt sheet The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Impact will move to Monday's permanently starting in March.

TNA Wrestling News - BREAKING NEWS: TNA Moving To Monday Nights Permanently

Suicide for TNA but great for how blahhh wrestling has gotten. WWE will probably attempt to up their game now.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:44 AM   #2680
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

To make up for the Sid vs. Hall match, I give you a 4-way title match from RoH.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:01 PM   #2681
PilotMan
Head Coach

WWE Star Chris Jericho Arrested in Kentucky | TMZ.com

WE wrestler Chris Jericho was arrested at a gas station in Kentucky early Wednesday morning after cops say he and a fellow wrestler were both "extremely intoxicated" in public.

Haha, this is only about 15 minutes from my house. It shouldn't be big news though, it is Kentucky after all.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:04 PM   #2682
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hahaha
Old 01-29-2010, 04:25 PM   #2683
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Reading a longer version of the story, it sounds like Jericho, Helms, and Matt Hardy were all among the drunken occupants of a cab when Helms went off & hit at least three people before he & Hardy took off running to avoid police. While they were taking Jericho into custody Helms returned on foot & got locked up too, Hardy didn't bother coming back
Old 01-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #2684
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WrestleMania next year is going to be held in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:50 PM   #2685
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Suicide for TNA but great for how blahhh wrestling has gotten. WWE will probably attempt to up their game now.

I don't think so. I think if TNA utilizes their young talent correctly they offer a better in ring product than WWE. The trick will be patience and they drew well last time they were live on Monday, so if they can maintain that and build slowly they should be fine.

I do agree competition is a good thing and it should make both products better.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #2686
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I don't think so. I think if TNA utilizes their young talent correctly they offer a better in ring product than WWE. The trick will be patience and they drew well last time they were live on Monday, so if they can maintain that and build slowly they should be fine.

I do agree competition is a good thing and it should make both products better.

hogan's there - the young talent won't get used correctly
Old 01-30-2010, 10:34 AM   #2687
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
hogan's there - the young talent won't get used correctly

Nor will the word "talent" mean what they think it means.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #2688
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I don't know if it's suicide. I'm guessing there aren't a ton of people tuning in to TNA Impact on its own. So moving it to Monday allows them to showcase themselves alongside the Raw telecast. Even if they get people just flipping over during commercial breaks and bad segments on Raw, it's tapping into a wrestling audience that is already sitting down for wrestling.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #2689
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I don't know if it's suicide. I'm guessing there aren't a ton of people tuning in to TNA Impact on its own. So moving it to Monday allows them to showcase themselves alongside the Raw telecast. Even if they get people just flipping over during commercial breaks and bad segments on Raw, it's tapping into a wrestling audience that is already sitting down for wrestling.

Vince McMahon will take it as an insult and do his best to take them right now. TNA is rushing this move. They have to be able to compete financially as well to make this move.

This gives Vince all the incentive he needs to start poaching TNA's talent and hiding them on an undiscovered island.

To me it doesnt make a lot of sense to do this for TNA. Why awake a sleeping giant unless you have to? TNA on their own have no chance to come out of this in a better situation IMO.

Think of the pros and cons for TNA. The pros are there but IMO they are unreachable while the cons are very likely and most likely end up with TNA going bankrupt.

I guess we will have to wait on what comes out of this but they must have felt like being in a nice comfortable situation with little to lose wasnt how they wanted to continue forward.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:43 PM   #2690
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Whoa - that was a pretty cool surprise in the RR

Spoiler

Last edited by Toddzilla : 01-31-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:46 PM   #2691
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Whoa - that was a pretty cool surprise in the RR

Spoiler

It was so predictable and lame IMO.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:54 PM   #2692
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBollea View Post
Considering most people thought either HBK, HHH, Batista, or Cena would win the Rumble, Edge actually winning the Rumble is a surprise. Then again, the whole problem with wrestling in the past decade or so is SWERVES~! winning out over booking that had worked for the previous fifty years.

Well they just did this same thing 2-3 years ago with Cena winning.

Now we have UT vs Edge for the 15th time or Shameus vs Edge neither which sound all that exciting to me.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:59 PM   #2693
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBollea View Post
Or Jericho could win the SDown title at the next PPV in the Chamber, setting up Edge vs. Jericho and HBK vs. 'Taker.

Also, so how should Edge have come back? Come back tomorrow on RAW and say, "Hi?" :-)

Could have came back and not won. As soon as I seen he was coming back it gave this one away.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:01 AM   #2694
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Edge winning was a pleasant surprise, actually.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:11 PM   #2695
Schmidty
Coordinator

I love Watch Online tv sports news and entertainment for free at channelsurfing!!

I missed yesterday, but they're replaying the RR right now!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:54 AM   #2696
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I haven't been this excited about the WWE storylines in a long time.

Edge is now a face and is going to be headlining WrestleMania.

We might be on the way to a Shawn Michaels - Triple H showdown.

Orton - DiBiase feud?

Aaaaand....

Batista just helped McMahon kick the living shit out of Bret Hart.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #2697
Flasch186
Coordinator

'cept that it looked like Hart was trying to open Vince up the 'hard way'.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:52 AM   #2698
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

That's what you call a heel angle.

(How pissed do you think McMahon is that he waited 12 years to get to spit in Bret's face, and he mostly missed from point blank range?)
Old 02-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #2699
Schmidty
Coordinator

Tivo sucks sometimes. I record Raw, but never know if I'm going to get the whole thing. And of course it cut off right in the middle of the Hart/McMahon thing.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #2700
molson
General Manager

I always TIVO 30 minutes over on RAW (I think they have actually gone more than 15 minutes long before)

Last edited by molson : 02-02-2010 at 03:12 PM.