Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #1001
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Even better, on Sportscentre after the game up here we had these two beauties on the desk:

Natasha Staniszewski

Jennifer Hedger (and she's a MILF just getting back from maternity leave)

Last edited by johnnyshaka : 02-02-2012 at 11:27 PM.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #1002
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

So I just got back from the Sharks - Stars game, the one I bought my brother a pair of tickets to for Christmas. He's a good man, took me with him

I decided back in November/December that I would splurge for the closest seats I could get, and ended up with row 3, center ice. What I didn't realize was that row 1 is the Dallas Stars' bench and row 2 is the glass. We were front and center right behind the bench. It is absolutely surreal being that close to the action. Our view was basically crap the whole game, but we still had an absolute blast. We got to see the Sharks attack twice, while the Stars' extra hockey sticks blocked the entire other end of the ice. We were also sitting directly in the middle, so I was able to high-five the Sharks every time the entered or exited the ice. It was awesome. I also got some TV time behind Pavelski in the post-game interview.

Going to try to put up some pics when I get them uploaded to my computer.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 02-03-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #1003
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Going to try to put up some pics when I get them uploaded to my computer.

Take your time. We're not done with the other pictures on the page yet.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #1004
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #1005
Johnny93g
College Starter

2013 Winter Classic officially announced today

Leafs/wings at the big house in Detroit.

Please let HBO renew 24/7!!
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #1006
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
Please let HBO renew 24/7!!

Couldn't agree more!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #1007
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Went to the Wings/Coyotes game here in Phoenix this past Monday. Needless to say, it wasn't the result I was hoping for but it was fun all the same. Got to see the players up close which put my son in awe. His first ever NHL game.

The Coyotes, sadly, have arguably the worst attendance I have ever seen in the NHL. There were waaay more Wings fans at the game than Coyotes fans, which makes some sense since it is winter in the desert and the snowbirds are here. However, they were nowhere close to being sold out, and if you can't at least sell out your stadium when a draw like the Red Wings come to town, you don't deserve a team imo.

Look for this team to relocate, albeit may not be until Gary Buttman is no longer commissioner.

All in all, though, it was a good experience. Nice to see a live game again after so many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #1008
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I'm looking forward to the Wings vs. Blackhawks on the 21st. I'll be taking the GF to her first live game.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #1009
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I'm really hoping Florida wins the SE and is playing at home the first week of May, me and the wife will try to go. Still haven't been to an NHL game. Why don't the Stars have better games on Saturday... or a weekend double header
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #1010
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Two straight awful finishes for the Hurricanes in OT. Last time it was a blown (and painfully obvious) tripping not called that lead to a winner by Anaheim. Tonight, Justin Faulk, who had been playing probably the best defense of any Hurricane in spite of being just 19, got stripped at his own blue line in the dying seconds of OT and Ward got beat by a hard slapper with a second to go to lose to Colorado.

Oh, well. At least we'll probably still end up somewhere in the top 5 of next year's draft.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #1011
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Oh, well. At least we'll probably still end up somewhere in the top 5 of next year's draft.

If we don't find a way to screw that up...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #1012
Johnny93g
College Starter

On prime time sports in Toronto, Bob McCowan, (who I trust on all hockey issues, as he has great sources) suggested that the NHL has told the potential owner of a Quebec franchise that the Coyotes will be the Nordiques next season. They need to just be quiet, but be ready, kind of like Winnipeg last year.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #1013
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Curious: how do playoff ticket reservations work for season ticket holders in other cities? A co-worker of mine has apparently received an email indicating that we'll need to pay sometime this month (possibly next week) to reserve our seats for all 4 rounds (at the assumption of 4 home games per round). If we don't pay up we lose the right to those seats. Any un-used money will not be returned to us, but merely applied as a credit on our accounts for next season.

This feels like a pretty egregious cash-grab policy to me, but I've never been a season ticket holder before so perhaps this is standard practice?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #1014
bhlloy
Coordinator

Do you have to pay for all the games or can you pick and choose which ones? If its the former I've never heard that before. That sounds like a major cash grab although Winnipeg is obviously a pretty unique situation right now.

If its the latter then it still seems very early in the season, but I don't have the experience of supporting a team in a real hockey market where tickets are actually in demand.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #1015
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Do you have to pay for all the games or can you pick and choose which ones? If its the former I've never heard that before. That sounds like a major cash grab although Winnipeg is obviously a pretty unique situation right now.

If its the latter then it still seems very early in the season, but I don't have the experience of supporting a team in a real hockey market where tickets are actually in demand.

I think you can choose the rounds at least, not sure on individual games. So theoretically you could say "I'll give up rounds 1-3, but pay up for round 4 just in case".

But once you give up the rights, you can't change your mind. And the team wants cash (no payment plans etc) and pretty fast, given that this news isn't even official yet. I think for a lot of people that got caught in the hype and went all-in for season tickets this will be a bit of a wake up call when they suddenly need to find $4000 in the next couple weeks or lose the rights to the playoffs.

Anyways, maybe this is all just rumours, but it really feels out of bounds to me. Why not demand the money as the team makes each round? Or maybe take a deposit up front, that I could see. But full cash up front for something that will likely not happen? In a market where there will be no problem of selling any unused tickets even if they went on sale 30 minutes before game time?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 02-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #1016
Logan
Head Coach

I'm not a Rangers season ticket holder, but get seats from guys who are. I believe they get playoff requests around March, and unused tickets are refunded or given the option of being put towards next season.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #1017
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Curious: how do playoff ticket reservations work for season ticket holders in other cities?
No idea.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #1018
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I have a partial season.

There are two options re: playoff tickets.

I use the "Pay as we Play". 10% down on 2012-13 tickets reserves your right to refuse seats. As each round is decided, you are billed for the next round. As a partial season holder, Rounds 1 and 3, I get the 2nd and 4th (if applicable) home games. Rounds 2 and 4, 1st and 3rd home games.

Option 2 is buy up all your seats and pay up front. Any unused portion is applied to 2012-13 seats. Why anyone would use this option, not sure.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #1019
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
I have a partial season.

There are two options re: playoff tickets.

I use the "Pay as we Play". 10% down on 2012-13 tickets reserves your right to refuse seats. As each round is decided, you are billed for the next round. As a partial season holder, Rounds 1 and 3, I get the 2nd and 4th (if applicable) home games. Rounds 2 and 4, 1st and 3rd home games.

Option 2 is buy up all your seats and pay up front. Any unused portion is applied to 2012-13 seats. Why anyone would use this option, not sure.

Option 1 definitely sounds like the better consumer option, and what I was expecting. Option 2 sounds like the rumoured Jets version. Maybe we'll get option 1 as well... I hope.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #1020
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Anyways, maybe this is all just rumours, but it really feels out of bounds to me. Why not demand the money as the team makes each round? Or maybe take a deposit up front, that I could see. But full cash up front for something that will likely not happen? In a market where there will be no problem of selling any unused tickets even if they went on sale 30 minutes before game time?

That seems really...I don't even know what word to use. Skeevy?

I get from a business POV, and dollar today is better than a dollar in the future. But like you said, those dollars in the future are going to be there.

One of the things I think the Penguins got very right, was with the new building, no PSLs. No doubt they could have sold them, and made a boatload of cash.

But they understood the key difference between them and Steelers. The average Steelers STH is probably mid 50's, and has had seats in the family for 30 years. The average Pens STH is early 30's. A huge piece of the fanbase are people who were college age and able to make games in the early 2000's, when they were terrbile, for cheap. Now those people are the STH basis.

Seems like someone in Winnipeg feels that $$$ is going to dry up if it's not sucked up immediately.

Edit - posting while you were responding to other post

Last edited by Suburban Rhythm : 02-13-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #1021
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
That seems really...I don't even know what word to use. Skeevy?

I get from a business POV, and dollar today is better than a dollar in the future. But like you said, those dollars in the future are going to be there.

One of the things I think the Penguins got very right, was with the new building, no PSLs. No doubt they could have sold them, and made a boatload of cash.

But they understood the key difference between them and Steelers. The average Steelers STH is probably mid 50's, and has had seats in the family for 30 years. The average Pens STH is early 30's. A huge piece of the fanbase are people who were college age and able to make games in the early 2000's, when they were terrbile, for cheap. Now those people are the STH basis.

Seems like someone in Winnipeg feels that $$$ is going to dry up if it's not sucked up immediately.

Edit - posting while you were responding to other post

Skeevy is a really good word. Those are my feelings exactly.

Right now the Jets are in a real honeymoon period. But the owners have not been shy about putting their hands in the fans pockets at every opportunity. At some point the honeymoon is going to end, and there could be a real backlash if these guys aren't careful.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #1022
Logan
Head Coach

A buddy just passed along this stat courtesy of Elias:

Over the past 365 days, the Rangers are 23–0–3 in the 26 games Ryan Callahan has scored (7–0-0 to end last season, 16–0–3 this season).
Old 02-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #1023
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Over the past 365 days, the Rangers are 23–0–3 in the 26 games Ryan Callahan has scored (7–0-0 to end last season, 16–0–3 this season).

So you are saying to key to catching the Rangers is taking out Callahan?

Old 02-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #1024
Logan
Head Coach

Chara's slap shot has proven effective also.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #1025
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Curious: how do playoff ticket reservations work for season ticket holders in other cities? A co-worker of mine has apparently received an email indicating that we'll need to pay sometime this month (possibly next week) to reserve our seats for all 4 rounds (at the assumption of 4 home games per round). If we don't pay up we lose the right to those seats. Any un-used money will not be returned to us, but merely applied as a credit on our accounts for next season.

This feels like a pretty egregious cash-grab policy to me, but I've never been a season ticket holder before so perhaps this is standard practice?

For football (Saints) that is how it works for us.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #1026
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I've always kind of liked the Rangers and after watching the latest season of "24/7", I like them even more.

They've been playing great all season and have the best record over all, but they really need to get past the second round of the playoffs before I can really consider them legit.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #1027
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I've always kind of liked the Rangers and after watching the latest season of "24/7", I like them even more.

They've been playing great all season and have the best record over all, but they really need to get past the second round of the playoffs before I can really consider them legit.

Very fair. The team is solid but I still think playing a little over their heads. Heading in, I was optimistically hoping for a top 4 regular season finish, as with the youth on the team, I thought they were about 2 years away from contending for the Cup. The key will be in not burning out come playoff time.

I think anyone who doesn't like watching this team would be basing it entirely on the New York name. It's a young, largely home grown team of very hard workers, with a heavily North American makeup.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #1028
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Rangers are my favorite team to watch outside of Detroit. Once Richards gets going they can truly be a force.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #1029
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Rangers are still my second favourite team and I look forward to cheering them on in the playoffs (since the Jets aren't likely to be in it).

As for my playoff ticket stuff from above, we finally got the official email and it looks like we get similar options to Suburban Rhythm. I cannot fathom why anyone would choose the PAY IN FULL option:

Payment options:
PAY IN FULL - Pay for all four rounds (16 games) in advance. Any credit remaining at the end of the playoffs will be applied to payment for your season tickets for the Winnipeg Jets 2012-2013 NHL season.
Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Cash or Cheque.
For cash and cheque payments please submit to True North Sports & Entertainment Limited offices Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm prior to the playoff renewal deadline. In the event you choose to pay by cash or cheque, a valid credit card must be submitted during the online renewal for security. If your cash or cheque payment is not received by the renewal deadline, your credit card will be charged for the balance owing on your account.

PAYASWE PLAY - Pay for each of the four playoff rounds only as they are confirmed. All playoff rounds will be charged on the basis of the maximum, four games playable per round. Credit from games not played will be applied to payment for each subsequent round and so on. In the event of carry over credit, only the difference will be charged to your account. Any credit remaining at the end of the playoffs will be applied to payment for your season tickets for the 2012-2013 Winnipeg Jets season.
Payment methods: Credit card only (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
Old 02-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #1030
SackAttack
Head Coach

Eh. The 'pay in full' option has more flexibility on how you pay, so I can see that being attractive for some people.

The PAYGO option, well, you don't have that kind of lead time to allow for cash payments, since you only pay for each round on confirmation.

That's the way to look at it, IMO. It's not about soaking the audience as much as saying "We can give you flexibility in how you tender your payment if you pay for the whole shot up-front."
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #1031
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

21 in a row.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #1032
Logan
Head Coach

9 point lead in the East for the Rangers after beating Boston. Hank with his 7th shutout. Of course I couldn't watch the game, but a buddy said it might have been the best game he's ever played.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #1033
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Trade deadline shaping up to be very boring this year.

Only a few known sellers at this point.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #1034
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Trade deadline shaping up to be very boring this year.

Only a few known sellers at this point.

Jets will be sellers by the deadline.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #1035
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

And there's such a great history of doing such a marvelous job at that
Old 02-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #1036
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Any top line wingers available to Pittsburgh for scraps?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #1037
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

The Rangers will offer Scraps and a 3rd.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #1038
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Your choice of Ladd or Kane, with Little thrown in as a bonus
Old 02-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #1039
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Rangers will offer Scraps and a 3rd.

That ought to get you whatever the Pens don't take

edit to add: plus Burmistrov

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 02-15-2012 at 08:52 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #1040
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Your choice of Ladd or Kane, with Little thrown in as a bonus

I'd kill for either of those guys alongside a (healthy) Crosby. But I have a hard time believing any of them are available.

Seems like Kyle Wellwood and Johnny Oduya are the ones who will be available.

Quote:
That ought to get you whatever the Pens don't take

edit to add: plus Burmistrov

Why in the world was Burmistrov on the 4th line recently? He is amazing every game against the Pens.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #1041
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Let's say you have 22 games after the deadline. What point total separates the buyers from the sellers?
Old 02-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #1042
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I'd say if you are 10 points out of 8th at the deadline, you are a seller.

Assuming about 20 games left for everyone, those teams need to go 15-5 over the stretch run if the other teams hover around .500. Not happening.

Edmonton and Columbus are clear sellers at this point. The next week plus should weed out a few others in the East.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #1043
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'd kill for either of those guys alongside a (healthy) Crosby. But I have a hard time believing any of them are available.

Seems like Kyle Wellwood and Johnny Oduya are the ones who will be available.

Why in the world was Burmistrov on the 4th line recently? He is amazing every game against the Pens.

I don't see Ladd or Little going anywhere. It's hard to say with Kane, I bet he could be had for the right price (but it would be steep). Wellwood and Oduya are the obvious ones, but I bet almost any defeseman outside of Stuart and Bogosian could be had if Chevy felt the price was right. I also think any team could have Antropov but I doubt anyone would take on that salary this year. He'll probably go next year if the Jets are still on the outside looking in.

As for Burmi, him playing on the 4th line is a mystery to everyone here. I don't know what Noel is doing with him, he should be getting 15 minutes a game and playing with at least one other guy with some hands. Last night he played with Wellwood and Kane, hopefully he sticks. I'm guessing the deadline might help make some space for him if a guy like Wellwood indeed gets moved.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #1044
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:

To be fair, it's a totally new regime now. Hopefully the baggage from the Thrasher days got lost somewhere in Atlanta.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #1045
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
To be fair, it's a totally new regime now. Hopefully the baggage from the Thrasher days got lost somewhere in Atlanta.

I was thinking more in terms of franchise karma,new boss same as old boss, etc.

Besides, the opportunity for quick humor was too good to pass up
Old 02-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #1046
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
I was thinking more in terms of franchise karma,new boss same as old boss, etc.

Besides, the opportunity for quick humor was too good to pass up

Hey I totally get it, I've been making similar jokes about the Coyotes for 16 years now
Old 02-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #1047
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Edmonton and Columbus are clear sellers at this point. The next week plus should weed out a few others in the East.

Not sure the Oilers even have anything to sell. Hemsky is probably the guy that could move but his value is at an all-time low. With him being a UFA at the end of the season the Oilers have to maximize the value of that asset, which at this point, is a lose-lose situation. Sign him long term and odds are he doesn't live up to the value of the contract...(cough, cough) Horcoff, trade him for yet more magic beans and/or middling prospects, or keep him and let him walk for nothing. At the deadline last season Penner was at least playing well and actually a desirable asset and he fetched a late 1st rounder, 3rd rounder, and a likely 3rd pairing defenseman, at best...would somebody pay that for a banged up, un-signed, under performing Hemsky? I doubt it.

Sutton might have been movable but he's been re-signed so I doubt he moves. Smyth isn't going to waive his no-trade clause. After Gagner's sudden outburst he won't be dealt. Khabby still has another year at pretty steep price so I think he stays, too. Cam Barker, well, nobody wanted him in the summer time and he hasn't done anything this season to increase his stock.

Maybe Hordichuk gets some interest, but not likely, and I could see Belanger garnering some interest. Not much to talk about here.

Linus Omark is an intriguing thought, though. He's missed most of the season with an ankle injury but it seems like the front office in Edmonton don't really think much of him (or have a funny way of showing it if they do like him) and I could see a team interested in adding some offense, at the expense of defense, rather cheaply because I don't think the Oilers know exactly what they have in this kid. I hope they don't deal him but seeing as he's an RFA at the end of the season I could see him heading back to the SEL next season if the Oilers don't figure out how to use him before next season.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #1048
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
Not sure the Oilers even have anything to sell. Hemsky is probably the guy that could move but his value is at an all-time low. With him being a UFA at the end of the season the Oilers have to maximize the value of that asset, which at this point, is a lose-lose situation. Sign him long term and odds are he doesn't live up to the value of the contract...(cough, cough) Horcoff, trade him for yet more magic beans and/or middling prospects, or keep him and let him walk for nothing. At the deadline last season Penner was at least playing well and actually a desirable asset and he fetched a late 1st rounder, 3rd rounder, and a likely 3rd pairing defenseman, at best...would somebody pay that for a banged up, un-signed, under performing Hemsky? I doubt it.

Sutton might have been movable but he's been re-signed so I doubt he moves. Smyth isn't going to waive his no-trade clause. After Gagner's sudden outburst he won't be dealt. Khabby still has another year at pretty steep price so I think he stays, too. Cam Barker, well, nobody wanted him in the summer time and he hasn't done anything this season to increase his stock.

Maybe Hordichuk gets some interest, but not likely, and I could see Belanger garnering some interest. Not much to talk about here.

Linus Omark is an intriguing thought, though. He's missed most of the season with an ankle injury but it seems like the front office in Edmonton don't really think much of him (or have a funny way of showing it if they do like him) and I could see a team interested in adding some offense, at the expense of defense, rather cheaply because I don't think the Oilers know exactly what they have in this kid. I hope they don't deal him but seeing as he's an RFA at the end of the season I could see him heading back to the SEL next season if the Oilers don't figure out how to use him before next season.

He gets linked to Pittsburgh because he's an expiring deal. I'd want nothing to do with him. Bylsma built this team to be tough to play against, and Hemsky's....not

You really don't think Smyth will be moved? Or are just going to allow him to play out the string to avoid another soap opera?

Last edited by Suburban Rhythm : 02-15-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #1049
Logan
Head Coach

Some Oiler fan stopped off on the NYR HF board and asked if we'd give up Wolski for Helmsky. Uhhh yeah we would.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #1050
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
He gets linked to Pittsburgh because he's an expiring deal. I'd want nothing to do with him. Bylsma built this team to be tough to play against, and Hemsky's....not

Hemsky never used to shy away from the physical game but that has taken it's toll on him...his recently repaired shoulders have a lot to do with that. He has been underwhelming this season, to say the least, and I wouldn't blame anybody for not wanting to touch him at the deadline.

Quote:
You really don't think Smyth will be moved? Or are just going to allow him to play out the string to avoid another soap opera?

He engineered his trade back to Edmonton and I think he stays put...because his wife and family say so. There's been talk that he and the front office had a sit down and the result of that was that he'd be here the rest of the season.