Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Front Office Football Multiplayer > WOOF Alternate Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-01-2007, 05:59 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Exclamation 2009 Early Talk (Copied From WOOF Forum, Post-by-Post)

SkyDog
Commissioner

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:33 pm Post subject: 2009 Early Talk

Looking at the potential FA pool, a few things jump out immediately:
  • QB Oscar Wolcott still has 5 weeks to go with that torn ACL, and he's not far enough along in recovery to know whether or not he's going to lose a bunch of points. How will Taco play this one? They've got a metric buttload of free agents. Who gets franchised?
  • If Wolcott isn't franchised, will someone risk a big contract on him, knowing that he might be total crap this year?
  • For (I think) the 4th straight year, Palouse Hills starts off with the most impressive-looking roster. They missed the playoffs at 10-6 the first season, then had early exits at home in the next two. Are they destined to become the Atlanta Braves of the WOOF, or with Billy Joe Burger growing up a bit and giving them a running game, perhaps, is this their year?
  • Scranton has the #1 overall pick, and they have a horrid QB situation, but are in decent shape at the skill positions and on defense. Will their franchise QB show up in the draft? If not, will they trade down?
  • What happens with Oceanside now? Bruce won't be around this season, but they've got a number of nice pieces in place. Do they pursue Bruce, or perhaps try to trade for a veteran like Tito Diaz or Kennedy Benedict, or pursue a lesser-tier QB FA?

Old 12-01-2007, 06:00 AM   #2
Ben E Lou

SkyDog
Commissioner

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:34 pm Post subject:

One other comment:

I really, really, really, really, really, really like the player pool MUCHHHHHHH better with all FOF2K7 players.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:01 AM   #3
Ben E Lou

WSUCougar
Beagle

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:43 pm Post subject: Re: 2009 Early Talk

SkyDog wrote:
Are they destined to become the Atlanta Braves of the WOOF?
*snarl*
Old 12-01-2007, 06:02 AM   #4
Ben E Lou

Antmeister
Chihuahua

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:11 pm Post subject:

Knowing me, I will probably hold on to Bruce out of loyalty since he is still under contract. However, I still need a QB and haven't decided how I going to acquire one. I have failed at drafting a decent one for 2 straight years. And I still need at least 1 talented receiver. The only bright spot is that Mo Staley will return this year to wreck havoc against opposing offensive lines and with Hunter Bumpers on that side of the ball as well, I hope to have a good year from them.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:02 AM   #5
Ben E Lou

wademoore
Rottweiler

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:13 pm Post subject:

SkyDog wrote:
One other comment:

I really, really, really, really, really, really like the player pool MUCHHHHHHH better with all FOF2K7 players.
I think this is a MAJOR strength of this league... where everyone else is waiting for so long for the 2k4 players to leave, we're there and have a good balance to the league.