Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-02-2014, 03:27 PM   #51
Thomkal
Head Coach

But to answer Sun Tzu's question-The Cardinals blitz probably more than any team in the NFL, and that puts tremendous pressure on the opponent QB's, RB's and OL. Which causes errors and bad plays from them but it also causes big plays against the defense too. The Cards also have a tremendous rush defense, as the Cowboys just found out-they have not allowed a 100 yard rusher all season. And as much as I bemoan the secondary-they do have playmakers there-and they usually get at least one big play/difference maker a game.

Carson Palmer has been incredibly good with his decision making-only two INT's and so many weapons to throw to. And with Ellington they actually have a legitimate running attack for the first time in many years. Coach Arians is also part magician at this point I think.

Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:30 PM   #52
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I feel like I speak for all Bengals fans when I say I think I saw Corey Dillon run the ball today.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:31 PM   #53
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

from AJMass - Tonight on #TheWalkingDead we learn that Beth has been playing for the #NewYorkJets .
Old 11-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #54
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
How about those Chiefs!

Hey, I actually think they've been playing as well or better than they did last year... Shows how lucky any team needs to be to rip off a 7-1, 8-0 stretch.

Question for Carolina fans - the knock on LaFell when we signed him was poor hands, but so far he hasn't shown that at all in New England... Did he actually drop a lot of balls in Carolina, or was that just a misperception?

Last edited by BishopMVP : 11-02-2014 at 03:57 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #55
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
If they were in the AFC West TroyF would have a 2000 word post up about how they're not as good as their record But hey, just keep banking those wins and keep Seattle away from home field advantage.

Honestly, I don't know what to make of the Chiefs. The team I thought was overrated by their numbers so far was the Cowboys. (A couple of huge wins, but the defensive play on third down is not sustainable)

The Cardinals are really, really strange. Nobody can say they are "Super Healthy" in the way the Chiefs were last year. They have so many injuries they can't see straight. While the teams they have played have sh*t the bed, they haven't been BAD teams. Their schedule strength was 5th in the league heading into this week. It'll be higher next week.

The Chiefs played a zillion backup QB's. The Cardinals have faced 2 in 8 weeks. (Washington and Dallas)

Their offense is horrible, but seems to be getting better. Their defense is pretty good despite the passing numbers against as they play an aggressive style designed to do pretty much what they are doing.

Unlike last years Chiefs, this years Cardinals do have room for improvement. The offense can be better. The defense will be getting some of those injured guys back. On the other hand, as tough as the schedule has been, it's going to get tougher. I'd say they will fade away into the sunset, but they have more room to grow than the Chiefs.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:57 PM   #56
TroyF
Coordinator

As for the Chiefs. . .

Much more sustainable this year than last. They are playing very well and this year they have dealt with adversity. Their run in isn't easy, but they look like a good bet for a wild card now.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:59 PM   #57
TroyF
Coordinator

Broncos got away with a clear hold on their TD. Horrible missed call by a ref looking right at it. Overall, I think Denver is thrilled with how things have gone. Against the wind in the quarter, they are leading and worst case would only be down 3. Gotta call that a win.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:03 PM   #58
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Question for Carolina fans - the knock on LaFell when we signed him was poor hands, but so far he hasn't shown that at all in New England... Did he actually drop a lot of balls in Carolina, or was that just a misperception?

Not sure how much he dropped vs what was poorly thrown but

NE: 30 rcpts / 49 targets 61% completed targets
CAR: 167 rcpts / 255 targets 56% completed targets
Old 11-02-2014, 04:04 PM   #59
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I feel like I speak for all Bengals fans when I say I think I saw Corey Dillon run the ball today.

And saw Scott Mitchell throwing it.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #60
Desnudo
Coordinator

Field goals not going to cut it against Denver.

Also CBS going with two black guys that look alike plot. Maybe we are in a post racial world.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:07 PM   #61
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Hey, I actually think they've been playing as well or better than they did last year... Shows how lucky any team needs to be to rip off a 7-1, 8-0 stretch.

And on cue, I jinxed him haha

Denver's finally figured out they can still pass against our nickel... Hopefully the OC goes back to running on 1st/2nd down.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #62
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
from AJMass - Tonight on #TheWalkingDead we learn that Beth has been playing for the #NewYorkJets .

Wow, I can't think of a more horrifying scenario for Beth.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #63
kingfc22
Head Coach

The Niners o-line has to be one of the worst at pass protection. Yet Greg Roman can't figure that out and run the ball.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:29 PM   #64
TroyF
Coordinator

It wasn't close Phil, it was a block in the back. Broncos got 1 TD on a missed call, Pats got one on a missed call.

Good to see Sanders back in the game.

Fluke stuff always happens in NE. I think Brady and Beli have some spell over the damned stadium. They used to have it all the time then their powers diminished. (maybe age?) They can call on the spirits at times to go crazy though. Nice return from Edelman.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #65
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
It wasn't close Phil, it was a block in the back. Broncos got 1 TD on a missed call, Pats got one on a missed call.

Fluke stuff always happens in NE. I think Brady and Beli have some spell over the damned stadium. They used to have it all the time then their powers diminished. (maybe age?) They can call on the spirits at times to go crazy though. Nice return from Edelman.

The ex-NFL ref disagrees with you
Old 11-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #66
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
The ex-NFL ref disagrees with you

Not worried about Carey. He's missed about 6 calls in the games I've watched this year. He missed that one too.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #67
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

Not a misconception. I don't know a single Carolina fan who wasn't fed up with him and who had not totally given up on him.

This is how I will forever remember LaFell.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:36 PM   #68
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Not worried about Carey. He's missed about 6 calls in the games I've watched this year. He missed that one too.

Sounds liked you should put your resume in then
Old 11-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #69
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Was about to post "can't settle for FG when the Pats are playing well.."

Now I have to post "Can't settle for MISSED Field Goals when the Pats are playing well"
Old 11-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #70
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wasn't that an obvious safety in the Rams game at the end of the half? These refs have been screwing up forward progress calls today.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #71
TroyF
Coordinator

yet more voodoo. Pats playing very well. Not sure why Denver hasn't tried to go deep to D. Thomas more often. I don't think they can cover him man to man and they seem hell bent on stopping Julius. We should be going down the field more with the wind.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:39 PM   #72
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Not a misconception. I don't know a single Carolina fan who wasn't fed up with him and who had not totally given up on him.

what he said
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:41 PM   #73
TroyF
Coordinator

One of the worst calls I've seen the Pats make. Denver on their heels, defense struggling to control the short middle. No way they were going to do anything than cover the flat. Run it up the gut and you have a first down there. Maybe not in a different situation, but in that one, that's all that should have been called.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:41 PM   #74
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'd take Mike Carey's word over yours any day especially reading & seeing the plays on a lot of the stuff you complain about.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:42 PM   #75
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
yet more voodoo. Pats playing very well. Not sure why Denver hasn't tried to go deep to D. Thomas more often. I don't think they can cover him man to man and they seem hell bent on stopping Julius. We should be going down the field more with the wind.

Pats haven't given the long ball up all year. Even when they were playing awful. Just don't think it's easy to do that against them.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:43 PM   #76
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
One of the worst calls I've seen the Pats make. Denver on their heels, defense struggling to control the short middle. No way they were going to do anything than cover the flat. Run it up the gut and you have a first down there. Maybe not in a different situation, but in that one, that's all that should have been called.

Agree, horrible call.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #77
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Carey is an idiot. He has been brutally incorrect many times. There was one replay a couple weeks ago that he said something along the lines of "you can see his knee is down before the ball crosses the line but I would call it a touchdown"... um, what?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #78
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Thank goodness you can still hit the QB low when he has the ball Kinda shocked they went for it,
Old 11-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #79
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
I'd take Mike Carey's word over yours any day especially reading & seeing the plays on a lot of the stuff you complain about.

He hit him between the numbers in the back. He tried to go from the side and missed. Not only that, it had an impact on Edelman turning the corner. It was a block in the back. Period. As was the Denver lineman who I said held on the TD run for the Broncos. You know more about reffing than I'll ever know, but that was a bad call.

It does not matter as far as the score. Pats got one, Denver got one. Denver isn't losing the game because of the refs. Far from it.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:50 PM   #80
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Thank goodness you can still hit the QB low when he has the ball Kinda shocked they went for it,

I'm not. No way you are trying a 52 yard FG there. You aren't punting it either. Pats making great stands right now. Still confused what the Broncos are doing. When they do show the all 11, there are open players. One thing there is no doubt about, Denver hasn't adjusted to the blitzes up the middle at all.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #81
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It seems like every time the pats get the ball with less then 2:00 and get the ball to start the 2nd half, they drive to put a dagger in.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:57 PM   #82
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

ooooh. did Brady and Edelman just mock the Peyton TD record celebration?

Pre emptive edit: And I don't think it's even going to count.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #83
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Not surprised to see 7 points by Denver in this weather. However I was not buying into the Pats hype and am pleasantly surprised to see them getting in the end zone.

Last edited by jeff061 : 11-02-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #84
Grover
Pro Starter

I'm not a Pats fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed the first half of this game.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:09 PM   #85
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:

I think refs rely a little too much on hand placement when it comes to blocksin the back... If Collins had extended his arms, almost certainly would've been called, but you can usually get away with a body bump as long as you don't knock the defender down. Still don't understand how the Broncos didn't have more guys down field considering how long until the punt was kicked.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #86
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I'm not a Pats fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed the first half of this game.

Denver looks as bad in this game as NE looked in Arrowhead. Just horrible football.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:11 PM   #87
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post

Well hopefully he's turned a corner and didn't just have a hot/lucky run there!
Old 11-02-2014, 05:11 PM   #88
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
ooooh. did Brady and Edelman just mock the Peyton TD record celebration?

Pre emptive edit: And I don't think it's even going to count.

I feel sad. It was fun last year to run off at halftime throttling the Patriots and have their fans booing the team that wins 11 games a year every year off the field. That made me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Glad someone threw this gameplan at us in a regular season game. Would have sucked to have had it thrown on us in the playoffs.

Massively disappointing game from the interior of the line. If there is a reason for this, it's on Knighton and Wolfe. Outside rushers are getting plenty of pressure, but the middle guys have not stepped up at all. I didn't think Brady would have time to go down the field, he has because the middle of the line keeps backing up, giving him an easy step up.

Gronk is such a massive beast. NE needs to hope he stays healthy all year.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:13 PM   #89
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
I think refs rely a little too much on hand placement when it comes to blocksin the back... If Collins had extended his arms, almost certainly would've been called, but you can usually get away with a body bump as long as you don't knock the defender down. Still don't understand how the Broncos didn't have more guys down field considering how long until the punt was kicked.

I understand what happened perfectly. Watch how many punt returns get run back for a TD when the return man bobbles the ball or drops it and has it bounce straight back up. Special teams is timing. The timing was screwed up and the guys ran out of their lanes. Happens all the time.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #90
BishopMVP
Coordinator

71 straight wins when leading at halftime at home? That's kind of an insane stat.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #91
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Denver looks as bad in this game as NE looked in Arrowhead. Just horrible football.

I don't think it's that horrible to be honest. When the Pats went into Arrowhead it was full destruction. 36 first downs to 13. 443 yards to 290 (and that was after the Chiefs threw in the towel in the fourth) KC dominated TOP. It was just a major ass kicking through and through.

This game? 14-12 in first downs, 195-190 in total yards, Denver actually leads in TOP.

This game is simply about missed chances. You have two drives inside the Patriots 30 that came away with zero points. A flukish punt return for a TD.A critical penalty here, a critical penalty there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking ANYTHING away from the Patriots. They are playing sensational football. I don't look at the two teams after that half and go "Denver is done, they are finished as a good football team" in the way I did NE after the KC game. (yes, I was wrong, they clearly aren't done)
Old 11-02-2014, 05:40 PM   #92
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

There's the Welker I know and love.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:41 PM   #93
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Pats are not letting their foot off teh gas here.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:41 PM   #94
TroyF
Coordinator

and yet more voodoo. So many flukish Fing plays. I cannot wait to see these guys again.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #95
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Flukish? It would have been a fluke if he caught it. Welker hasn't been able to get out of his own head since the super bowl.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #96
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Welker could have another concussion off that hit.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #97
miked
College Starter

I know we don't like Welker, but the pass seemed like it was behind him. He was turning his whole body to try and catch it.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #98
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
and yet more voodoo. So many flukish Fing plays. I cannot wait to see these guys again.
Given the remaining schedules I still don't love our chances of getting the #1 seed, but it's a real possibility now at least. Plus we'll (likely) have Chandler Jones back by January, knock on wood.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:51 PM   #99
kingfc22
Head Coach

Niners need 4 yards. Kaep has Crabtree open on a quick slant and throws it 100 mph and not on the money.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:53 PM   #100
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I would 100% go for 2 here... Figure out if you'll need 2 or 3 scores now. (Even if NE is likely to add more points.)