Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-09-2017, 12:07 PM   #1
JXRey
n00b

Can't Activate or Deactivate Players

I’m in week 5 of my single player season and am unable to simulate the week due to the following error:

“You need at least 11 defensive front players active on your roster. Please sign players and adjust your depth chart before continuing.”

I have plenty of healthy defensive front players (at all positions), so I shouldn't need to sign a player. So I go to my roster, deactivate and activate D-linemen and linebackers as needed until the position distribution screen for those positions goes from red to black. However, when I go to simulate the week again, I get the same message. When I go back to the roster again, one of the players that I had just activated shows as deactivated (on his player info screen), even though his name is not highlighted on the roster as inactive. The position distribution screen is back to red. Any additional attempts to correct this error by activating and deactivating players on my roster won’t work.

Per my settings, my coaches are UNABLE to change my depth charts or game plan. I tried removing the players in question from my depth chart, but that didn't work either. The system doesn’t seem to be saving my roster changes.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I tried starting a new game, and the same thing happened. I emailed Solecismic customer support two days ago but haven't gotten a response yet. My season is completely stuck and nothing seems to fix it. I'm running FOF8, ver, 8.0d on Windows 10.

Thanks.

JXRey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:23 PM   #2
rush_27
n00b

Defensive front is specifically DE & DT/NT. Linebackers wouldn't be included in this
rush_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:05 PM   #3
JXRey
n00b

Thanks for your response. Perhaps because I'm running a 3-4, my position distribution screen specifically counts LB's as part of the defensive front: "Defensive Front (DL/LB)-..."

I don't think that's the problem though. The problem is that when I activate or deactivate a player, the program: (1) fails to save my changes; and (2) subsequently fails to highlight certain deactivated players and, conversely, highlights certain other players that are active.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 05-09-2017, 03:37 PM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush_27 View Post
Defensive front is specifically DE & DT/NT. Linebackers wouldn't be included in this

not true
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:39 PM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

In Controls - Options - Edit Single Player Options, looks to see whether you have ceded depth charts to your staff. It sounds like you have, and they are making some strange showstopping error.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:34 PM   #6
rush_27
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
not true

Fair point. I have just read the OP again and it seems I didn't read it properly.

It looks like you may have also misread the OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
In Controls - Options - Edit Single Player Options, looks to see whether you have ceded depth charts to your staff. It sounds like you have, and they are making some strange showstopping error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXRey View Post
Per my settings, my coaches are UNABLE to change my depth charts or game plan.

Back on to the topic, I'm not sure why you can't advance but have you tried sliding it over to AI control to see if this fixes the problem?
Old 05-09-2017, 04:46 PM   #7
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Double-check the settings to make sure you're looking at SP (as opposed to MP.)
Old 05-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #8
JXRey
n00b

First off, thanks to all of you for chiming in. My above described settings were in SP, not MP. However, I was able to advance by putting the AI in charge of my depth charts and game plan. Which is weird, bc that didn't work in my first saved game. It does, however, work in my second saved game.

I can now play the game (thanks, Rush), but the downside is that I can't start the players I want. If the problem continues, maybe I'll try reinstalling the game.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:34 PM   #9
rush_27
n00b

Weird. Did you notice what changes the AI made compared to your own? You can always check to see what changed then load up the game back to where you got stuck and try again.