Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-10-2016, 06:55 PM   #1
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

FOF8: Ideas on expanding the Defense

Jim really expanded on the offensive side of the ball with this version but to me it feels like the defence could use alittle more.

Picking Plays;

- What if you pick the plays like based on coverage, blitz, formation and aggression. example;

Cover 2, Blitz 1, Base D, Run

Press 1, Blitz 3, Goaline, Run Agg

Cloud 3, Blitz 0, Dime, Pass Agg

Cover 2, Blitz 2, Dime, Pass

Blitzing;

- What if you could pick who's blitzing by the Diagram within the play, you can already cycle through them.

I thought it worked like this at first and thought it was a great idea, only when I started testing did I figure it was kinda of random. I've tested the Blitzing setting and found it it's very tough to get the guy you want to blitz.

Another Idea;

First, you pick the line play. Shift right, left, stunt..

Second, your linebackers responsibility. M2M, Zone, Spy, blitz..

Third, your corners coverage. M2M, bump, blitz, zone

Forth, your safeties coverage. Zone, M2M, buzz

Last edited by A-Husker-4-Life : 06-28-2017 at 09:30 AM.
A-Husker-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:50 AM   #2
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Had another idea, maybe let us make defensive plays like on offense.

You pick the coverage, blitzers, formation, & aggression.

Cover 2, SLB-WLB, Base, Run

Cloud 3, No Blitz, Dime, Pass Agg

Press 1, SLB-WLB-CB2, Goaline, Run

I just think the defense could be fleshed out more, to give us the feeling we have some control again.

Last edited by A-Husker-4-Life : 12-18-2016 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:54 AM   #3
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

An old idea I had about expanding the defense, I think this would fix the defense and give us back some control.

He likes to mimic the NFL and in the NFL D coordinators have the ability to pick who blitz's.

Do you guys have any other idea's?
Old 05-01-2017, 10:28 AM   #4
Mobarak
H.S. Freshman Team

In the NFL, players line up in all sorts of positions and move around. Since every play in FoF starts with the pieces set like a chess board, and you can't alter that starting position, I'm pretty sure it would just be to many things to set for calling one play.

I don't mind the sliding bar how it is in the game plan screen, perhaps add another slider or 2 to favor either the LB's or secondary blitzing more often. If I could set my LB's to blitz "generally" and the game to favor skill "generally" I feel like I would have more control. The issue becomes how does the game find the appropriate secondary blitzer? The blitzer may change based in a player in motion in real football also.

Defense has a long way to go, I had a play where my star CB covering their star WR stays in spy duty while the guy just runs a fade right behind him for a huge gain. Why would I ever have my star CB guarding their star WR spying???

On defense you have to react and that has to many options available. Offense you just plan the route and that's it. He was probably just trying to keep it simple with accurate results to keep it from becoming to tedious. I don't think most people spend to much time changing game plans each week so the decision was probably for play value.
Mobarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:40 AM   #5
Mobarak
H.S. Freshman Team

Do you guys have any other ideas?

Sry I didn't answer that. I would just like to see the information on how things work from the Dev himself. An example would be double teaming. I don't want to see the code.. but just say for sure how it decides. Like, the game considers RR, 40 time, position drill, in that order. I don't need the exact numbers just how it finds the answer.

In game planning you can choose to have your "best" CB shadow their "best" WR. How does the game find your "best" CB? It may be obvious if you have all scrubs and one great CB but not to obvious if they are all about the same. Just tell me how the game locates the best CB.

How can I tell how bad my QB is at interceptions? is it this plus this and this, or is it this and this plus that? I just want to know once and for all, exactly, so I can feel like my decisions are my decisions and not a hidden player inside my game changing things around on me..... lol
Old 05-01-2017, 12:37 PM   #6
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Husker-4-Life View Post
Had another idea, maybe let us make defensive plays like on offense.

You pick the coverage, blitzers, formation, & aggression.

Cover 2, SLB-WLB, Base, Run

Cloud 3, No Blitz, Dime, Pass Agg

Press 1, SLB-WLB-CB2, Goaline, Run

I just think the defense could be fleshed out more, to give us the feeling we have some control again.

Imagine how much fun it would be to create defensive plays like this.. It would feel like creating your own defense like you can with the offense.

Last edited by A-Husker-4-Life : 05-01-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:59 PM   #7
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobarak View Post
Do you guys have any other ideas?

Sry I didn't answer that. I would just like to see the information on how things work from the Dev himself. An example would be double teaming. I don't want to see the code.. but just say for sure how it decides. Like, the game considers RR, 40 time, position drill, in that order. I don't need the exact numbers just how it finds the answer.

In game planning you can choose to have your "best" CB shadow their "best" WR. How does the game find your "best" CB? It may be obvious if you have all scrubs and one great CB but not to obvious if they are all about the same. Just tell me how the game locates the best CB.

How can I tell how bad my QB is at interceptions? is it this plus this and this, or is it this and this plus that? I just want to know once and for all, exactly, so I can feel like my decisions are my decisions and not a hidden player inside my game changing things around on me..... lol

Avoiding interceptions hidden bar for QBs can be guessed by Solecismic score, SR and RD bars if I don't recall wrongly in this last version. If you have a 45 Sole Score with mediocre SR and RD bars the hiden AV INT bar will be huge. But if you have a 35 Score with huge SR and RD bars, that QB will throw a lot of picks. I hope this helps. As I said I can be wrong as I don't have the Manual with me now
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:08 PM   #8
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

You know what would be even better would be;

First, you pick the line play. Shift right, left, stunt..

Second, your linebackers responsibility. M2M, Zone, Spy, blitz..

Third, your corners coverage. M2M, bump, blitz, zone

Forth, your safeties coverage. Zone, M2M, buzz
Old 05-01-2017, 08:09 PM   #9
Mobarak
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Avoiding interceptions hidden bar for QBs can be guessed by Solecismic score, SR and RD bars if I don't recall wrongly in this last version. If you have a 45 Sole Score with mediocre SR and RD bars the hiden AV INT bar will be huge. But if you have a 35 Score with huge SR and RD bars, that QB will throw a lot of picks. I hope this helps. As I said I can be wrong as I don't have the Manual with me now

I appreciate the help but this kind of illustrates my point, you don't know exactly. There are a few dozen things like this in the game where its all these hidden factors and everyone has a different answer. Why have that kind of disarray when its not wanted. What I'm asking for doesn't even require the guy to do anything except write a new help file.

I mean reading your description it seems like better bars more interceptions, worse bars less interceptions?? You also mention a manual, what manual?
Old 05-01-2017, 09:27 PM   #10
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

WTF guys, this thread is about expanding the defense. Do you have any further idea's on that or maybe you should start your own thread instead of jacking this one.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:30 PM   #11
Ushikawa
H.S. Freshman Team

again with the tone mobarak but i agree with your content. i think JJ is being a bit idealistic but at least having the option to play manunder 2 or pure cover 2 would be nice. my biggest complaint about D is the fact that your playcall is the same on 3rd and 3 and 3rd and 13. Next complaint is that it doesn't work as written 3rd and long without 3 wrs and the D still sends out the normal personnel.

Very few teams change fronts but it would be really cool to be able to build a custom front(s). Regarding coverage I would love to be able to play matchup coverage and determine what LBs and the frigging NB does, it us pretty absurd that the NB can't play man unless you go no Safeties deep.
Ushikawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:38 PM   #12
Ushikawa
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post

I think it was (is?)more like relative non absolute SOL/Int leads to a value dispersed amongst RD and Avoid Int. I usually just looked for high SOL and low intelligence, a big value there and you were set.

You can also just look at the overall but it trickier if he looks like a 35-40 but his overall is 45 then he has a high avoid int bar.
Ushikawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:38 AM   #13
Mobarak
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushikawa View Post
again with the tone mobarak but i agree with your content. i think JJ is being a bit idealistic but at least having the option to play manunder 2 or pure cover 2 would be nice. my biggest complaint about D is the fact that your playcall is the same on 3rd and 3 and 3rd and 13. Next complaint is that it doesn't work as written 3rd and long without 3 wrs and the D still sends out the normal personnel.

Very few teams change fronts but it would be really cool to be able to build a custom front(s). Regarding coverage I would love to be able to play matchup coverage and determine what LBs and the frigging NB does, it us pretty absurd that the NB can't play man unless you go no Safeties deep.

I'm not sure what you are talking about with tone, I can't type the keys any softer than I do. On this forum is seems like any push back or pressing for more information on an answer is equal to direct insult to that person. If you read anything I've written I've never insulted anybody but I've certainly been insulted. Some people have gotten angry because I didn't settle for the answer they gave because I knew there was more to it, and sure enough there was. I would ask to stop reading what I write as some personal attack.. maybe I'm asking questions to understand the game better???? It makes perfect sense that if you don't want to give the information, you would feel slighted at my pressing for the information, but that doesn't mean I'm being rude.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:40 AM   #14
Mobarak
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Husker-4-Life View Post
WTF guys, this thread is about expanding the defense. Do you have any further idea's on that or maybe you should start your own thread instead of jacking this one.

What I'm saying encompasses the defense as well. Would you agree that being able to know exactly who you are double teaming and who is staying back for the spy would bring you a bit more control? Just a little maybe?
Old 06-28-2017, 06:27 AM   #15
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

I was just looking over my old post and thought how great it would be if we could create Defensive plays, like the offense.