Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-19-2017, 09:16 PM   #1
RedDoby
n00b

All Pro Football 2K8 Conversion

Hey all. I have spent the last couple of months working on an excel workbook with automatic conversion of FOF8 league data files into an All Pro Football 2K8 roster file. It's finally finished!! With this you can actually play All Pro Football with your FOF teams. I am a visual person and love both games so I thought how better to use FOF's game logic along with APF's awesome gameplay. I was going to create an instructional video and share the utility here if anyone is interested. I'll also post some gameplay. I just wanted to see if this is anything anybody would use. You would need a copy APF 2k8 and the APK 2k8 editor at SimHeads website.

Roster Converter Download

Link to Youtube video sample gameplay

Link to APF 2K8 Editor (You have to register to see the resource)

Initial Setup Tutorial

Create Team Tutorial

Create Free Agency Tutorial

Behind the Scenes - Breaking down the conversion

Last edited by RedDoby : 04-28-2018 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Update Links
RedDoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:04 AM   #2
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

WHAAAAT?

This sounds awesome.

Please do share.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:27 AM   #3
KadeemSimmonds
n00b

That sounds amazing, please do share
KadeemSimmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:45 AM   #4
Squirrel
Mascot

* treads carefully *

I've got an old xbox 360 that I don't play anymore (I haven't played another computer game since I discovered FOF about a year ago), and I've got Madden on that but never really got into it.

Is it a good idea to find an old copy of All Pro Football 2K8? A quick google seems to reveal there's a lot of love out there for it. And if this converter comes to light, being able to play with my MP FOF teams sounds fun
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
KadeemSimmonds
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
* treads carefully *

I've got an old xbox 360 that I don't play anymore (I haven't played another computer game since I discovered FOF about a year ago), and I've got Madden on that but never really got into it.

Is it a good idea to find an old copy of All Pro Football 2K8? A quick google seems to reveal there's a lot of love out there for it. And if this converter comes to light, being able to play with my MP FOF teams sounds fun

Unless the game is cheap, I would probably hold off picking it up. That's my plan anyway
KadeemSimmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:49 PM   #6
RedDoby
n00b

The game is Very inexpensive, a couple of dollars. The All Pro Football 2k8 editor is $10 though...that's another cost to consider. I am waiting on a replacement fan for my pc before I can make a tutorial without sounding like a lawn mower running in the background. It should be here next week.

For now I'll link you to gameplay video on youtube. I'll edit my first post with the links.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #7
Kuroth
n00b

Last edited by Kuroth : 05-24-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Kuroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:40 PM   #8
RedDoby
n00b

Just wanted to share an update on this. I am having computer hardware issues. The fan that runs inside my All-in-One PC is making a loud noise and I can't seem to find the right replacement anywhere. It's right next to the microphone, and when I record audio it sounds as if I am in a helicopter. Therefore I can't make a tutorial video with clear audio. Without these instructional videos it would be difficult for anyone to use so I am just going to wait until I get this noise problem taken care of.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:50 PM   #9
RedDoby
n00b

Update

I was able to make the videos, the sound is slightly muffled but should work. Videos are complete and links on first post are added. Any idea why I can't attach/upload the excel Workbook here? The file size is 39MB which is under the max limit. I am getting an error message stating that I do not have proper permissions.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:00 PM   #10
RedDoby
n00b

Roster Converter download link added to first post. I wanted to attach it here as a download but it's not working so I just used my One Drive account instead. Happy gaming!!
Old 07-07-2017, 12:44 AM   #11
korme
Go Reds

Incredible job
korme is offline   Reply With Quote