Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2017, 05:24 AM   #1
Trence
n00b

Playbooks

Hi All,

What playbooks would you say are your favorite at this point? I've been using 3-4 and West Coast lately. It's been great seeing my average QB with a passer rating above 85.

Trence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:25 AM   #2
rush_27
n00b

They all have their strengths and weaknesses. Yet to see a style that consistently gives you better results than others. You are more likely to see better results with an offense built around OC the style though.
rush_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
zsteelers
n00b

Totally agree. The offensive styles all have different levels of complexity, and it probably depends on what you grasp better in terms of the QB and players around him that you need to run each of them. I tend to think that Smashmouth is the easier to construct.
zsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #4
Trence
n00b

When I get an OC with Air Coryell as his players style, the generated playbook never has any plays that are listed as best fit Air Coryell. Does that mean it's pointless to use the Air Coryell playbook?
Trence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:10 AM   #5
garion333
High School Varsity

I wonder the same thing about Erhardt-Perkins, but I think it's simply that most of the plays are characterized under West Coast, Balanced, etc.

There's a lot of overlap between those different systems. Air Coryell is simply going to focus more on the long pass, so think of it as a Balanced playbook with, say, 10% more long passes (by a combination of some Air Coryell plays and other more vertical plays, regardless of the play style).

A long running joke about the NFL is that everyone is really running the same play over and over again.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:25 AM   #6
Sef0r
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trence View Post
When I get an OC with Air Coryell as his players style, the generated playbook never has any plays that are listed as best fit Air Coryell. Does that mean it's pointless to use the Air Coryell playbook?

It won't be the best fit but it will still be considered very strong, at the very least it won't be a poor fit.

I tend to generate random playbooks then change the plays and QB depth to ensure all playbook types are showing as strong.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:22 AM   #7
ezlee2
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trence View Post

I really like to have a mobile QB with this offense.
ezlee2 is offline   Reply With Quote