Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #301
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
OOC: I think this is a very smart idea. For those who weren't there for the Vegas game, people had to buy services like BG / seer etc. There were frequently times when a service was bought for diddily because of the lack of coordination. We already know the wolves will coordinate their attacks / interactions, seems like a good idea for us to do as well so we don't have (as q guess) 13/16 players going for the same character. That said, I won't reveal my intentions unless others agree because I doubt the rest of the folks will go along with this. Think about it though, I think Autumn is right on the money with his thoughts. /OOC

I am not against sharing information such as any seer scans that someone gets or any other information especially if they fear they are going to be taken out of the game by a lynch. That way no one goes down with information kept secret.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #302
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
correct me if I am wrong here.

Is it a good or bad strategy to eliminate some of the multiple characters first? I am thinking if a wolf has multiple characters it may be harder to eliminate them later in the game?

It could be but I believe that more then likely the multiple characters will not have a ton of health each and a few votes a day on one of them will more then likely knock them out.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #303
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm glad Danny clarified about allegiance. I would have been all for Gonzo getting killed if it would show my allegiance, but it wouldn't.

Frankly, based on both my own evidence, and my sense of Danny as a designer, I don't see any reason to think multiple characters will be more powerful than single ones. Each multiple character will be much easier to kill, and if I understand it right we could have multiple deaths each day, not necessarily just one lynch. So, I would think it's more necessary than ever to make sure we consolidate votes by the end of the day and avoid a blood bath.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #304
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Since we need to eliminate players to find their allegiance then we should focus most of our attention on single character players at least for today since gathering information is in our best interest and having another day one tomorrow since we did not remove anyone probably is not going to help us much.

Plus even though I am a single character I know in death i will be even stronger like a Jedi because when I die, I want to be frozen. And if they have to freeze me in pieces, so be it. I will wake up stronger than ever, because I will have used that time, to figure out exactly why I died. And what moves I could have used to defend myself better now that I know what hold he had me in.
I am all for the revealing aspect of kills. But with the possibility for multiple deaths I do think having less people with multiple characters will make it easier for us to get the info we need later.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #305
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm glad Danny clarified about allegiance. I would have been all for Gonzo getting killed if it would show my allegiance, but it wouldn't.

Frankly, based on both my own evidence, and my sense of Danny as a designer, I don't see any reason to think multiple characters will be more powerful than single ones. Each multiple character will be much easier to kill, and if I understand it right we could have multiple deaths each day, not necessarily just one lynch. So, I would think it's more necessary than ever to make sure we consolidate votes by the end of the day and avoid a blood bath.
I think multiple character people will be harder to kill because it will require more coordination. Coordination among villagers is hard.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #306
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Danny: Is interacting and attacking the same thing for the NPC? Or different?
Old 07-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #307
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Unvote Macho Man Elbow Dropping of Gonzo

I'm going to pile all of my attacks on a single person then if we don't know allegiance until all the characters are gone.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #308
Autumn
Head Coach

I see, Barkeep. Yes, if we decide on a player with multiple characters we should probably spread the attacks among their characters. That would be hard to organize unless a clear lynch victim showed up early in the day. But focusing on just someone with multiple characters effectively would mean removing most of the voting history during the day, so we're in a bit of a bind here.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #309
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
correct me if I am wrong here.

Is it a good or bad strategy to eliminate some of the multiple characters first? I am thinking if a wolf has multiple characters it may be harder to eliminate them later in the game?

That's what I am thinking too.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #310
Autumn
Head Coach

It would require coordination to off a multi-wolf towards the end, we'd have to make sure to spread out votes, and have a good guess as to how many attacks we needed. On the other hand, having good guys with multiple characters would make that much easier as they can spread their attack out. And knowing my abilities, I know that having multi-characters can really help the village as well.

I just thought it would be fun to have multiple characters, but now I'm seeing in the WW sense, you're probably right that they may be a difficulty in end game. I'm not going to off myself today, but I can't really fight against the idea of targeting me early.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #311
Barkeep49
Coordinator

One of the issues, as it was in the Marvel game, is that we only know how strong we are, with no concept about how strong other people are, so knowing how much it will take to kill someone becomes a challenge in and of itself.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #312
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Just a guess judging from what I see on my end Im guessing the muppets have 1-2 HP each. My guess would be one or two people could kill each of them. I'm really not worried about them as the game goes on.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #313
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
It would require coordination to off a multi-wolf towards the end, we'd have to make sure to spread out votes, and have a good guess as to how many attacks we needed. On the other hand, having good guys with multiple characters would make that much easier as they can spread their attack out. And knowing my abilities, I know that having multi-characters can really help the village as well.

I just thought it would be fun to have multiple characters, but now I'm seeing in the WW sense, you're probably right that they may be a difficulty in end game. I'm not going to off myself today, but I can't really fight against the idea of targeting me early.
There is a reason I'm both the Goddess of Wisdom and War, thank you very much .
Old 07-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #314
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Just a guess judging from what I see on my end Im guessing the muppets have 1-2 HP each. My guess would be one or two people could kill each of them. I'm really not worried about them as the game goes on.

Well, to play devil's advocate, against my own purpose, that's true but if there are only a handful of players left, that could prove impossible. If I have 5 guys left, and we're down to a small group of players there may just not be enough votes to get it done, not in one night anyway. That argues for at least whittling down players like me.

On the other hand, the more you whittle down players like me, the more weakened players we have, which if they're good is not good. And there are definite advantages to the village to me having multiple characters, so like all of WW it's not an open and shut case.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #315
Tyrith
College Starter

Fixing my original vote.

STANDARD ATTACK HEAVY
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #316
Zinto
College Starter

I would prefer that we get some kind of allegiance information from today's voting but that may not even be the case depending on how many votes end up on one person. Whittling away player's multiple characters is a fine idea once we have some kind of information. I am afraid we are going to move away from core werewolf ideas since this game is different but more then likely it will really hurt the village if we do so.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #317
Tyrith
College Starter

I'm guessing, from a balance perspective, that the fact that the multiple characters can be divided and conquered is balanced out by a slightly increased amount of power, in general. I would figure that while there are definitely going to be stronger and weaker roles, there aren't going to be gigantic differences when everything is put together. And it wouldn't surprise me if some of pack character players have some way for the characters to mutually support each other, to mitigate some of the whittling down.

Sum of all that is to say, for today, I don't think it matters all that much what method we take. Mostly it's just a question of if we want to actually take someone out of the game today. I would think yes, especially if some of the more traditional/useful WW abilities are given via the NPC interactions instead of being inherent to roles - can't off or out our seer on day 1, etc.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #318
Tyrith
College Starter

Just from my own character, it looks like this game is a pretty decent step down from the Marvel games in terms of complexity (thank goodness, those things were an absolute bear to moderate.) Hopefully this will help us keep on a more normal WW set of strategies, Zinto, just with a very interesting voting mechanic.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #319
The Jackal
Coordinator

At first glance it seems there is a lot to wrap our heads around. Speculation will abound for the first few days while our skills are slowly revealed publicly or secretly. My life has taught me to trust no one, but in the interest of survival it would seem best to share information we gain from private encounters that could be of pertinent use.

For now I will boil this down to the basest of strategies and see what stock one of you is made of.

STANDARD ATTACK MRS DOUBTFIRE
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #320
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am trying to remember , but were there days in Marvel that no one died?
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #321
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Being a member of Jurisfiction, the characters of Novels and short stories are pretty familiar to me. Heck I even spent time in the Raven. As are those people that like me are Outlanders. So at least for a day one vote, I can draw my attention to those I am less familiar with. After learning that one of us came from commercial short films on a home theatre. That seems like a good place to start. Besides even his name is a lie, he isn't more intereesting than my Landon Parke-Laine!

Standard Attack the most interesting man in the world
Old 07-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #322
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Still waiting on an answer from Cougarfreak why he attacked me.

I will likely go for one of the muppets, since I think it will be harder to corral them later in the game.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #323
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Still waiting on an answer from Cougarfreak why he attacked me.

I will likely go for one of the muppets, since I think it will be harder to corral them later in the game.

You can't stop us, you can only hope to contain us.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #324
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

The shapes in the flames have revealed the following:
Day 1 attacks:
Hulk Hogan: Animal (285)
Athena: Gonzo (285)
Harry Potter: Honeydew (285), Beaker (285), Goo (296)
Gonzo: Duke Nuke 'Em (286), Jack Bauer (290)
Beaker: Athena (294)
Heavy: VAHVN (315)
Mrs. Doubtfire: Keyser Soze (319)
MIMITW: Thursday Next (321)

Key:
MIMITW - Most Interesting Man In The World
VAHVN - Vice-Admiral Horatio Viscount Nelson
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #325
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
The shapes in the flames have revealed the following:
Day 1 attacks:
Beaker: Athena (294)
Heavy: VAHVN (315)

Key:
MIMITW - Most Interesting Man In The World
VAHVN - Vice-Admiral Horatio Viscount Nelson

wtf does this mean?
Old 07-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #326
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
wtf does this mean?
It's a chart of who is attacking who so far today.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #327
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

QFT
Old 07-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #328
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I didn't realize Autumn was ganging up on me but whatever. I have no special powers.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #329
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I didn't realize Autumn was ganging up on me but whatever. I have no special powers.

You are worried about a few muppets? And you really have no special powers?
Old 07-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #330
Autumn
Head Coach

Dear Harry, I don't think you could say we are ganging up, as there are quite a few of us Muppets here, and it is only my trusty assistant Beaker and I attacking you. Out of scientific curiosity of course. We prefer to work together, that's all.

We would find it curious indeed though if the supposed magic boy had no abilities, hmm.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #331
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I really don't. I can cast a spell each night, but thats about it. I have no idea what the spells do though
Old 07-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #332
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Danny: Is interacting and attacking the same thing for the NPC? Or different?
Can anyone help me out with this question?
Old 07-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #333
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Even the smallest spark may ignite a great flame.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #334
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Don't let those furry little aliens stop you. Grab that little frog by the back of it's neck and twist. It makes a nice snapping sound.

But remember kid, take your pills...uh, vitamins... and you can grow up to be like Duke.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #335
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Even the smallest spark may ignite a great flame.

So you are saying that the muppets are ignited before attacking?
Old 07-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #336
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

But remember kid, take your pills...uh, vitamins... and you can grow up to be like Duke.

The Hulkster begs to differ, brother.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #337
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can anyone help me out with this question?

(ooc)mental note: don't interact with BK if I see him at an FOFC meet up(/ooc)
Old 07-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #338
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'll light up Gonzo with my cigar before I squash it.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #339
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Here is what concerns me with Lathums claim. I have three characters and they all can do atleast one thing. And I control it. Lathum seems to have backpedaled on his ability being random. Does this ping anyone else?
Old 07-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #340
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

really, at the risk of getting to close to quoting my PM I can cast a spell and depending on what spell it is something different happens. That is all I know. No special abilities per say, just the ability to cast spalles that I have no clue what they do.

Like I said, lynch me, I'm as normal a villager as you get so no huge loss. Just remember the people who came at me early.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #341
Zinto
College Starter

It doesn't bother me too much that Harry Potter is not extremely powerful or maybe Lathum is being coy about how powerful his power is. I am going to assume not everyone has powers and that some people's powers are not as good as others.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #342
Zinto
College Starter

I really dislike day ones since there is no reason to vote anyone but I am sticking to my guidelines and picking one of the people who already have a vote on them since adding another person at this point probably would not help much.

Dwight Standard Attacks Heavy
Old 07-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #343
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Cookie Monster attacks Chloe
Super Grover 2.0 attacks Mad Hatter
Oscar the Grouch attacks Miss Piggy

I don't want to attack the same character or same player since I don't have a read on anyone yet so that's why I'm spreading out my attacks.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #344
The Jackal
Coordinator

Maybe there's a problem of nomenclature here, and Harry doesn't consider his abilities to be "special".

Lathum generally pings at least a few people on day one, seems to be a part of his charm.

(ooc: CREDIT CARD FRAUD BAD grrrrrrrrr /ooc)
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #345
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Standard attack Beaker
Old 07-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #346
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

I hope not, since burning fur is just not a good smell
Old 07-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #347
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

mau mentioned it but to reiterate it ...Zoe not Chloe
Old 07-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #348
Autumn
Head Coach

I'll just say in my defense that I knew posting a bunch of crazy muppet attacks would draw votes. I never would have done that as a wolf.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #349
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

What, we are fighting puppets? I was told we would be fighting men! Not toys!
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #350
Autumn
Head Coach

Beaker: Athena (294), Harry Potter (345)
Heavy: VAHVN (315), Dwight (342)
Zoe: Cookie Monster (343)
Mad Hatter: Super Grover (343)
Miss Piggy: Oscar the Grouch (343)