Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #901
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

And the linesman is bent too. Awesome. Whatever the result, United are fucking wank.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #902
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I smell a 9-1 coming.

Might want to run to the store and pick up an antihistamine. Your team is wank. Great effort by City.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #903
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Pretty bad performance by the ref in that second half. Richards with an American football style tackle on Evra and City get a free kick for their first goal. Then we are denied a blatant penalty when Kolarov brought down Valencia in the box.

re: Kompany - players just aren't supposed to do two-footed, feet up challenges anymore

This wasn't the right game to bring Scholes back for really. It was great to see him out there and I might have exploded had that long shot gone in but he wasn't ready. Anderson should have come on first and later Park for Giggs.

Great team move and header by Rooney for the first goal and Welbeck's volley was brilliant. The second half was a big letdown but hey, we're through to the next round and that's what matters.

And sovereignstar v2, if we're so bad then it's kind of pathetic that a club with an unlimited budget is only three points ahead considering we've missed the league's best defender, our best right back, arguably our two best central midfielders and a bunch of other players for much of the season.

Last edited by Big Fo : 01-08-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #904
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Old 01-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #905
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Might want to run to the store and pick up an antihistamine. Your team is wank. Great effort by City.

My team? Huh? Try again.

From the Christmas Haul 2011

Quote:
I think my wife got us the best this year.

We have a trip planned for early next year to London to do some sightseeing and visit family. My wife gave myself and the boys tickets to see Fulham v. Newcastle at Craven Cottage. This will be our first Premier League match in person and the boys hopefully get to see their favorite footballer Clint Dempsey play. We may actually find a EPL club to support now.

I love that woman
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #906
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
My team? Huh? Try again.

From the Christmas Haul 2011

If you're uncommitted I believe Brighton have space for a few more supporters ... up and coming Championship club playing their first season in a new stadium ....

(just saying )
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #907
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
If you're uncommitted I believe Brighton have space for a few more supporters ... up and coming Championship club playing their first season in a new stadium ....

(just saying )

Can I get Brighton matches on the Sky package in Germany?

Honestly I don't know why but I could never find a team to in the EPL. The closest club that matches the style of football I enjoy is Arsenal. But I don't want to jump to a big club
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 01-10-2012, 06:31 AM   #908
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Can I get Brighton matches on the Sky package in Germany?
You can subscribe to 'Seagulls Player' which gives match highlights post match for every match (its 6-7 quid a month, can't remember what as I paid 'up front' for the year) - 'tis an internet thingy.

Fox has carried 4 of our matches so far this season - not sure how many more we'll get though, but so far its been a GOOD season from that perspective

Brighton play nice passing football, think of them like a lower league Arsenal and you aren't far off - Gus Poyet (ex-Chelsea) is out boss and he likes teams to play nice footy ...

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 01-10-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #909
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Just for the fuck of it.. diet coke

Anyone want to guess what kind of card was shown here?

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 01-14-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #910
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

If Kompany gets red, then Johnson should have definitely seen red. Complete horseshit.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 01-14-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #911
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Just for the fuck of it.. diet coke

Anyone want to guess what kind of card was shown here?

Quote:
If Kompany gets red, then Johnson should have definitely seen red. Complete horseshit.

As a guy that is still learning by watching football I at first wondered why Kompany was red carded. Seemed opinion was split by commentators in the studio at half time with some explaining going it with two feet it had to be called. Like I said I'm still just figuring things out so I thought OK it's debatable and the ref made a call that some don't agree with and others think is fair, fine.

I would agree if Kompany got called then so should Johnson in your example. Probably even more so since his man went down.
I guess then your point is that refs in all sports at times suck\miss calls? Yeah, I get pissed too seeing things like this so do understand your frustration.

I am curious though since I didn't see the Liverpool game was it the same referee? If so maybe criticism from the Kompany call made him swallow his whistle?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #912
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

It wasn't the same ref. Lee Mason refereed the the Liverpool match. It boggles the mind because the FA, who threw out Kompany's appeal also never decided to retrospectively act on Johnson's tackle either.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #913
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

And personally, the more I look at it, I don't think the dangerous factor of the two compare. Kompany puts a good effort to make his tackle a safe one.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #914
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
And personally, the more I look at it, I don't think the dangerous factor of the two compare. Kompany puts a good effort to make his tackle a safe one.

I agree Kompany's effort looked to be a safe attempt which is why my first thought was yellow at best and maybe a no call (again keep in mind my newbie background watching football). Kompany is a guy I "love to hate" (kind of like a Pete Rose, you respect him but don't support his team and know he's capable of hurting your team) so it would be easy for me to just say "it's a red card, no doubt" instead of agreeing with you.

I happen to like Johnson and Liverpool but also agree with you, of the two his was the more dangerous and should have been carded before Kompany's.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #915
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Good heavens. Both are text book examples of two-leg-tackles that deserve only one punishment: a red card followed by about a month on the sidelines.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #916
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Good heavens. Both are text book examples of two-leg-tackles that deserve only one punishment: a red card followed by about a month on the sidelines.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #917
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

Another newbie chiming in here. That second tackle looked pretty clean (as far as making contact with the ball) to me and the offensive player didn't even go down on the play. Is the rule on tackles that it can't be a dangerous play on the ball regardless of whether he actually makes contact with the ball first?
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #918
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Another newbie chiming in here. That second tackle looked pretty clean (as far as making contact with the ball) to me and the offensive player didn't even go down on the play. Is the rule on tackles that it can't be a dangerous play on the ball regardless of whether he actually makes contact with the ball first?

People far wiser then myself can answer as well, but I have always understood it to be intent and the tackle, not the result actually in terms of card. If I throw four punches at you and try to kick you, but I fail to connect on any, does that make it okay? Of course not. If Nani doesnt jump over the Kompany double leg tackle its a horror result and like an injury. They are both clear reds, you simply cannot lead with two feet studs up like that. The liverpool tackle likely escaped a red just because he came across the front and didnt make contact, but thats a mistake on the refs part. Every player knows a two footed studs up tackle is a straight red regardless of getting the ball or missing entirely. If Man City fans want to be upset liverpool didnt get a red too, they can go right ahead. But Man City fans shouldnt feel hard done by because if that was Rooney or Scholes making the tackle they would be calling up the FA asking for a suspension...can you really say you disagree?
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #919
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

It would be a complete waste of time to ever call the FA over anything United-related. My favorite is still this one.

For any newbies, he didn't get punished at all for this. Not during the match and not after.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #920
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Old 01-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #921
AlexB
Pro Starter

Absolutely incredible miss by Robbie Findley for Forest against my Leicester tonight. Up there with Kanu as the worst I can remember

http://www.youtube.com/v/LzDTih9xteQ?version=3&amphl=en_GB&amprel=0[/url]" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">

Last edited by AlexB : 01-17-2012 at 04:38 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #922
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:

I could swear i´ve seen the same video with subtitles regarding the Dortmund/Schalke rivalry I distinctly remember that interviewer

Last edited by whomario : 01-17-2012 at 02:44 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #923
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:

I agree - Kompany's imho wasn't dangerous - it was clumsy for sure and both feet, studs showing so a red, that being said sometimes people get away with only a yellow for it at times ... especially when no contact is made and the ball is won.

I can't for the life of me see 'why' he goes in with both feet with studs showing, watching the replay he's not off balance or thrown by trickery ... he just lunges in like a sunday league player.

btw for those who aren't aware the 'offense' is serious foul play as detailed in -
FIFA Rules

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 01-17-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #924
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
I could swear i´ve seen the same video with subtitles regarding the Dortmund/Schalke rivalry I distinctly remember that interviewer
And I have seen it with other subtitles too relating to a PSV player sale...I think it is becoming a soccer version of Hitler response vids
Demotivation
Old 01-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #925
Easy Mac

<a href='http://foxsports.com?vid=b3d31c83-2e5b-4e25-bd59-6e55aefe496b&amp;mkt=en-us&amp;from=sp^foxsports_en-us_videocentral&amp;src=FLPl:embed::uuids' target='_new' title='Clint Dempsey is sensational' >Video: Clint Dempsey is sensational</a>

Clint Dempsey with his second hat trick of the season.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #926
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

and 1st American to do it in a PL game
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #927
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Forza Juve!!

First half champions. Something like 68% of first-half champions go on to win the league (including like 7 of the last 8 or something like that).

Not trying to jinx anything, just enjoying the ride after the trainwreck that was last season.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #928
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Inter had about as bad a start as there has ever been for a top flight team. But they are only 9 points out of the Serie A lead at the halfway mark. Claudio Ranieri should have them right in the thick of the Scudetto race at the end of the season.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #929
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Inter had about as bad a start as there has ever been for a top flight team. But they are only 9 points out of the Serie A lead at the halfway mark. Claudio Ranieri should have them right in the thick of the Scudetto race at the end of the season.

I wouldn't put any faith in Ranieri. Even if Inter have the talent I have to believe he'll find a way to fuck it up.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #930
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Moratti is the Steinbrenner of European soccer.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #931
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Moratti is the Steinbrenner of European soccer.

LOL

That make Inter fans the Yankee-fans of European soccer?

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-21-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #932
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
LOL

Not quite. Remember, I used to work for Massimo's sister-in-law, and our offices were right next door to Inter's. But he does keep his managers on a short leash, much like Steinbrenner did.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #933
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
LOL

Apparently Manchester United has the largest bandwagon in the world. But then, comparing any English club with the Yankees would be silly, none of them have similar trophy cases. Only Real Madrid might be in a similar ballpark.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #934
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Getting Wesley Sneijder back in action just might make a difference...
Old 01-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #935
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Holy shit we finally scored. USA had been camped in Venezuela's half for practically the entire game and Venezuela's keeper made some good saves before Ricardo Clark scored with a 97th minute header from a corner. USA wins 1-0.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:49 AM   #936
miami_fan
Coordinator

Money spent at Craven Cottage on Saturday: approximately 300 pounds (food, drinks, Clint Dempsey kits for the boys)

Watching your sons go out of their minds as Clint Dempsey scores a hat trick: Priceless
Old 01-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #937
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Anybody who is up mind checking their cable/satellite box's TV Guide and seeing what Fox is showing at 11am Eastern time? I think it is supposed to be Arsenal - Man Utd but mine says that shitty Corky Romano movie. I'm going to be pissed if I have to stream this.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #938
Easy Mac

Mine says EPL.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #939
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Here are the seven Fox stations DEFINITELY not airing Arsenal-ManYoo live: (per EPL talk, who also suggest contacting them, and how)

Be sure to contact them today:

WSVN (Miami): 305-795-2777, email Deisy Bermudez, @WSVN,
WAGA (Atlanta): 404-875-5555, @FOX5Atlanta, Facebook page,
WITI (Milwaukee): 414-355-6666, @FOX6now and @FOX6Sports,
WJW (Cleveland): 216-431-8888, contact form, @FOX8news,
WRAZ (Raleigh/Durham): 919-595-5050, @FOX50WRAZ,
WXIN (Indianapolis): 317-715-2761, email Larry Della, @FOX59
WBRC (Birmingham): 205-322-6666, email Wayne Farrell, @myFOXal, @myfoxsideline, Facebook page, Facebook page for sports dept.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #940
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Mine is WTGS (Savannah), I e-mailed them a half hour ago. I called but got a machine response with the only option being to contact somebody in the newsroom which I assumed wouldn't be much use anyway.

Fox Soccer Channel was hyping the game up all week, first live EPL game on the main station and all that and I'll be stuck watching a dodgy stream that will likely cut off multiple times. What a bunch of bullshit.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #941
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Balotelli doing his best Pepe impression (stamping on a opponent). Awful.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #942
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

And Balotelli who shouldn't even be on the pitch wins a penalty in stoppage time.

Travesty
(although the penalty was rather blatant)
Old 01-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #943
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Fucking criminal shouldn't even be out there. What a joke.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #944
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Spurs fucked that up. Disgusted by Balotelli and I'd rather he just leave.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #945
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Fucking criminal shouldn't even be out there. What a joke.

Have you ever even commented on that Rooney elbow?

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 01-22-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #946
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Unless Citeh is willing to return the three points they just stole, I think their fans should stop complaining about the breaks ManYoo supposedly gets.

Nice quip by the international feed announcer "And Mario Balotelli stamps his name on the morning headlines..."
Old 01-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #947
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Old 01-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #948
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Maybe in last year's thread when it happened. I'd have to go back and check. It was wrong, if that's what you want to hear?
Old 01-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #949
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I want you to say that Wayne Rooney is a fucking criminal of course.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #950
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Stamping on someone's head is worse. Rooney's was merely idiotic.