Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

STORM'S END (GoT) Thread

This is the House Baratheon of Storm's End thread. You may only post in here or view this thread if you are allowed to in the game rules.

This thread is for members of House Baratheon of Storm's End.

FOR REFERENCE

Here is the player list, with roles

HOUSE STARK

King Robb Stark-- Coffee Warlord

Roose Bolton-- JAG
Rickard Karstark-- MrBug708
Theon Greyjoy-- Lathum

HOUSE LANNISTER

King Joffrey Baratheon-- Zinto

Tywin Lannister-- hoopsguy
Jaime Lannister-- greenbeans
Ser Gregor Clegane-- Julio Riddols

HOUSE BARATHEON OF DRAGONSTONE

King Stannis Baratheon-- Autumn

Ser Davos Seaworth-- InBlue
Axell Florent-- claphamsa
Melisandre-- bulletsponge

HOUSE BARATHEON OF STORM'S END

King Renly Baratheon-- path12

Loras Tyrell-- murrayyyyy
Cortnay Penrose-- Darth Vilus
Brienne of Tarth-- fontisian

NEUTRAL CHARACTERS

Barristan Selmy-- mauchow
Lord Varys-- DaddyTorgo
Cersei Lannister-- Narcizo
Petyr Littlefinger Baelish-- saldana
Tyrion Lannister-- Danny

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 05-23-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #2
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Lets do this!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
fontisian
College Prospect

Hey guys. Should we figure out our resources?
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

im here, loyal and confused. I read the first book years ago, and hated it... so there is that.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
fontisian
College Prospect

Wrong thread clap.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #6
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

huh? oh shit! 2 Barathoeons. my bad

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #7
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

I'm "here". For the record, I will be scarce for this game. Let's just say I will be wearing a black suit soon and no clue of when it is.

I'll try to find time to read the rules but I was too busy this weekend because of above. Monday's suck but I'll make sure to follow actions and will check in periodically today.

So step one is kill Clap because he posted in the wrong thread? LOL
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #8
path12
Coordinator

A sword swallower through and through.

I would like my Hand to be someone who will have availability this week. Mondays are my worst day, my weeks are frontloaded.

Darth, font?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #9
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Hey guys. Should we figure out our resources?

Apparently a treasury report is coming but in addition to the resources the three of you have I bring:

40,000 gold
40,000 men
15 ships

I have to think we start strong. My initial impulse is to weaken the Lannisters, mainly to try and get some discord sewn with the King's Landing advisors......seems it might be easier for them initally to just side with the King that is in their midst.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #10
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

My availability should be decent with the exception of Friday, I'm going to sea world that day. I can do small checks that day though

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 05-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #11
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I start with 3000g and 1000 men and gain an additional 1080g and 90 men a day. I can't build or hold any hips because my land is landlocked

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 05-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #12
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Oh and also if we are attacked we get some kind if benefit, that's my ability

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 05-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #13
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Attacked in war, not raided or anything

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 05-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #14
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Because of my kick ass sword play (and not that kind!) I give our team a bonus in wars. Same on ships for me, no help there.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #15
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

So we should try to anger a king bad enough so he goes to war with us then?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 05-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #16
fontisian
College Prospect

I have 1000 gold, I'm very good at capturing people and my side is benefited if I'm fighting. I've got a fair bit of free time for the next few weeks.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #17
path12
Coordinator

I wasn't given abilities as much as a positive and negative.

My positive is that I cannot be assassinated as long as Brienne is in the game.
My negative is that I cannot kill Loras if it came to that. I'm not sure why that is a negative -- I'll have to revisit the rules when I get a chance.

I would think the only other side with ships is Stannis, who likely has more than we do and probably some sort of magic ability. I suspect the Lannisters have some kind of wildfire to protect Kings Landing. Not sure what Stark would have offhand, guessing either some sort of battlefield bonus or something to do with direwolves.

I'll come up with a Hand decision later this afternoon. I'm checking in between reports. I like our team.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #18
path12
Coordinator

Still guessing at abilities.

Varys -- can look in the house threads?
Selmy -- combat bonus or additional protection of some sort.

Also, with no wolves the traditionally strong analysis players may be at a disadvantage. This is going to be about wrangling votes.

Ideas which house to go for first? I would love to get Melisandre out of the way and think we could build support for that in thread.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #19
path12
Coordinator

I'm going to go with Darth for the Hand, mainly because I like the protection Brienne provides and do not wish to put a bigger target on her than needed.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #20
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'm completely in the dark on game of thrones so I'm relying on you guys to guess at the abilities and decide which house is best to go for. I'm game with any though

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 05-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #21
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'm cool with being the Hand, basically all it does is grant PM rights to me and the King right?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 05-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #22
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

checking in. i have only 1000 gold and no men or ships
Old 05-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #23
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Wrong thread bullet

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 05-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #24
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Just got home to read the rules and catch up.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #25
fontisian
College Prospect

Murrayyyyy: Can you post your resources?

Should we consider trying to ally with another group?
Old 05-20-2013, 11:47 PM   #26
path12
Coordinator

Ally in the main thread? We don't have anyone who can approach quietly do we? (maybe this discussion is going on in there, I came here first).

I would like to get one of Varys, Selmy or Tyrion on our side as you could tell by the main thread. An ally would be great, ideas are welcome or just toss some darts out there and see what happens.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #27
path12
Coordinator

BTW, I'll be sending out a PM to murrayyyyy and fontesian in the morning (been reading the rules, yeesh).

I guess we can approach via PM or an emissary. Thoughts?

Stannis -- could probably use an ally due to smaller army, think they have some sort of magic uses with Melisandre.
Stark -- further away from us, we could pincer either Stannis or Lannister.
Lannister -- I have trouble trusting them just from the books but this is obviously a different thing.

Our strength is our army -- Brienne has a combat bonus as does Loras and Penrose gives us a defensive bonus. We should probably use it.

Wondering which neutral to approach tomorrow.

As you can tell I do a lot of thinking out loud.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #28
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Murrayyyyy: Can you post your resources?

Should we consider trying to ally with another group?

Do we want to post in here? The way I read the rules is that people are allowed to view our threads as reward eventually? Just didn't know how tight lipped we wanted to be.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #29
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

25000 gold, 15000 men and no ships

3780 gold, 270 men and no ships every day, after my 10% tithing to King Renly Baratheon

Damn you people are broke...
Old 05-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #30
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

damn youre rich lol

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 05-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #31
fontisian
College Prospect

Dragonstone's advantage is their ships, which will be helpful in raids, and Melisandre's abilities. Their disadvantage is their lack of men and funds and the religious divisions that may blow up in Autumn's face.

Lannister's advantage is wealth, army, and combat oriented bannermen. If I had to guess at a disadvantage, it would be a lack of loyalty among the
Old 05-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #32
fontisian
College Prospect

Thank you laptop, for posting while I was halfway through my post.

To continue: If I had to guess at a disadvantage, it would be a lack of loyalty among the bannermen and weakness to raids from ships.

Stark's advantages are their wealth, men and the Dire Wolf, though they don't have as much wealth or men as the Lannisters.

I think we should try to get everyone to vote for the Lannisters, particularly hoopsguy, as he is the wealthiest of the bannermen, the hand, and it looks like he's the most talkative in the Lannister thread.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #33
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

I'm going to play my character pretty true so whomever Path votes for, I'll follow.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #34
fontisian
College Prospect

An alliance with Dragonstone would allow us to avoid raids and whatever powers Melisandre has, while and alliance with Stark would give us significant manpower that could be used to take down the Lannisters. We could propose an alliance with both houses to last until the Lannisters are wiped out.

Alternatively, we could let Lannister and Dragonstone wipe each other out. Looks like Autumn wants to vote out a low income bannerman to recruit them later.

If we do succeed in voting out another bannerman, I suggest that we contact them in advance and ask them to transfer all of their gold to us in exchange for being immediately accepted as a bannerman. This way, the avoid giving half their gold to their former king and the other half to charity and we avoid paying money to charity. It's particularly important if we vote out hoopsguy, because he's so wealthy.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #35
path12
Coordinator

Hey guys, I read the rules wrong yesterday so I won't be able to send you PM's.

Brienne, I love the suggestion about voting out a bannerman. Will you use your PM today to approach whoever looks like they are getting the vote?

Hoops will likely be hard to vote out just for meta reasons. Still early but I wouldn't be surprised to see either Clegane or Melisandre be the choice.

I am sending Penrose out as an emissary today. Feel free to be friendly to Stannis' faction in the main thread......I believe an alliance is going to be necessary.

And that being the case I guess my initial impression will be a Clegane vote, but let's see how things start to shake out before we put too much out there.

What do you guys feel about voting? I'm really unsure how we want to coordinate that and welcome ideas.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #36
path12
Coordinator

Loras, my thought for your PM is to approach one of the neutrals. Who do you think may be useful to us?
Old 05-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #37
path12
Coordinator

Oh, and since Loras already has Highgarden I am going to name him Warden of the South.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #38
path12
Coordinator

Services. Thoughts? I'm thinking more ships give us more security against Dragonstone.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #39
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Loras, my thought for your PM is to approach one of the neutrals. Who do you think may be useful to us?

Sal or Narc based of characters that I think would be stacked to help out. I think Narc is a better player personally and would like to always have him on our teams side.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #40
path12
Coordinator

Stannis has approached us supporting a Clegane vote.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #41
fontisian
College Prospect

path: See if you can convice him to switch to Tywin Lannister.

For services, you should definitely use the one pm to Varys. I like the idea of investing in a land. Do you want to attempt a raid on one of the smaller lands?
Old 05-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #42
fontisian
College Prospect

And yeah, I'll use my pm today to approach the vote target.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #43
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

question, should we keep a running log of important posts in this thread? Also am I allowed to copy from main and put in here?

For example.

Post 300: Lands of Westros

or just

HOUSE STARK

King Robb Stark (CW)-- Winterfell (family home), Riverrun, The Twins and Deepwood Motte.
Roose Bolton(JAG)-- The Dreadfort (family home)
Rickard Karstark (MrBug708)-- The Karhold (family home)

HOUSE LANNISTER

King Joffrey Baratheon (Zinto)-- King's Landing, Harrenhal, Crakehall and Fairhaven
Tywin Lannister (hoopsguy)-- Casterly Rock (family home)
Ser Gregor Clegane (Julio Riddols)-- Clegane's Keep (family home)

HOUSE BARATHEON OF DRAGONSTONE

King Stannis Baratheon (Autumn)-- Dragonstone (family home), Maidenpool and Duskendale
Ser Davos Seaworth (InBlue)-- Cape Wrath (family home)
Ser Axell Florent (claphamsa)-- Brightwater Keep (family home)

HOUSE BARATHEON OF STORM'S END

King Renly Baratheon (path12)-- Storm's End (family home), Summerhall, Blackhaven, The Arbor
Ser Loras Tyrell (murrayyyyy)-- Highgarden (family home)
Ser Cortnay Penrose (Darth Vilus)-- Parchments (family home)
Old 05-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #44
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
For services, you should definitely use the one pm to Varys. I like the idea of investing in a land. Do you want to attempt a raid on one of the smaller lands?

I agree on the land and a raid. I didn't play last time but I assume services will be able to be purchased later in the game and getting more land to get more money/armies would seem like a good start.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #45
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
path: See if you can convice him to switch to Tywin Lannister.

I've already sent a PM to Varys this morning. We need a source for intelligence, and he is my priority there.

Will suggest Tywin to Stannis and see what happens. Not sure if he'll be able to respond to the PM, need to clarify that with Chief.

Did you have a land in mind? I really need to get some work done so welcome suggestions.....
Old 05-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #46
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Sal or Narc based of characters that I think would be stacked to help out. I think Narc is a better player personally and would like to always have him on our teams side.

Narc is a good choice here I think. He is active enough that he can help us. Go for it.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #47
path12
Coordinator

Murrayyyyy, to follow up with your houses post, I did put this together as well:

RESOURCES:

Storms End: 40,000 gold, 40,000 men, 15 ships
Loras (bonus to combat): 25,000 gold, 15,000 men, 0 ships -- daily 3,780 gold, 270 men, 0 ships.
Penrose (bonus to defense): 3,000 gold, 1,000 men, 0 ships -- daily 1,080 gold, 90 men, 0 ships.
Brienne (bonus to combat, good at capture): 1,000 gold

And now I really need to check out for a bit.....
Old 05-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #48
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ser Cortnay Penrose (Darth Vilus) has left the camp for the day.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #49
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Did you have a land in mind? I really need to get some work done so welcome suggestions.....

No clue for now (swamped for the next 4 hours probably so open to suggestions.

Also how do we want to approach Narc. A hey if some stuff goes down or a would you like to side with us question. I only get one PM shot so will try to include as many questions and answers to the follow up in the initial PM (Save on PMs by giving answers that he possibly might ask questions to)
Old 05-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #50
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Someone may know which lands are closest better than I do... Should we aim for the productive/moderate type lands?

THE RICHEST LANDS

Casterly Rock, Highgarden, King's Landing, Riverrun, Storm's End, Winterfell

WEALTHY LANDS

Brightwater Keep, Dragonstone, The Dreadfort, Harrenhal

PRODUCTIVE LANDS

Blackhaven, Duskendale, The Karhold, Maidenpool

MODERATE LANDS

The Arbor, Crakehall, Summerhall, The Twins

POOREST LANDS

Clegane's Keep, Deepwood Motte, Fairhaven, Parchments, Cape Wrath