Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Cap Question

So I released Neil Hamel in the offseason. It appeared based on his contract that he would be a $1.645mil cap hit, but in typical OOTP fashion it was probably showing the years wrong, so when I cut him I got $3.29 million added to my player expenses. As a result I've been trying to keep my total contracts for the year under $61.5 mil so the total stayed under the cap at the end of the year.

Is my thinking correct here? With the cut I still have to keep my final player expenses under $65mil? Or do I in reality have $3.5mil to spend on Gary Downey?

I wasn't that worried until this point as there weren't folks that interested me enough to worry about that 61.5 number, but hey I wouldn't mind getting in on this auction so I figured I'd make sure I understood the rules correctly.

gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I follow the number in the league financial report, which is right off the league home page in-game.

I just pulled your latest export and your are at $61,203,100
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Salary cap is the $ amount of contracts you have in your system, and is v erified on opening day.

Cash/budget are all the other numbers that float around. OOTP does weird things like reserve cash for arbitration eligible guys, even after you have extended them, until their arbitration date passes. The best way to know where you are is to look not at the Front Office front page but the clickable oval further along on that sheet that lets you see several years worth of contracts all listed out, with the sum at the bottom. It even estimates (*very accurately) the arb awards for guys.

And don't EVER go over the cap on opening day. It makes you very unpopular, and arouses feelings of guilt. I speak from experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
So I released Neil Hamel in the offseason. It appeared based on his contract that he would be a $1.645mil cap hit, but in typical OOTP fashion it was probably showing the years wrong, so when I cut him I got $3.29 million added to my player expenses. As a result I've been trying to keep my total contracts for the year under $61.5 mil so the total stayed under the cap at the end of the year.

Is my thinking correct here? With the cut I still have to keep my final player expenses under $65mil? Or do I in reality have $3.5mil to spend on Gary Downey?

I wasn't that worried until this point as there weren't folks that interested me enough to worry about that 61.5 number, but hey I wouldn't mind getting in on this auction so I figured I'd make sure I understood the rules correctly.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:44 PM   #4
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGuru View Post
And don't EVER go over the cap on opening day. It makes you very unpopular, and arouses feelings of guilt. I speak from experience.

Oh boy I remember that one. Good job having no hard feelings on it anymore!