Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Front Office Football Multiplayer > WOOF Alternate Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-27-2008, 05:44 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Lightbulb New Team Pages Under Construction

The main page and roster pages are essentially feature-complete. There could be bugs. The other links at the top are dead right now, but I should be able to knock those out over the next evening or two. My #1 concern with these right now is that I think some of the color schemes just don't work very well, and it really varies by team. For example, Bozeman looks great, but Oceanside has viewability issues. I have two options for this sort of thing:

1. Reduce the usage of color on the team pages across the board.
2. Change one of the colors of the owners who have trouble reading their team pages.

(I'm just pulling two colors for each team from a table, so reducing the use of color for one or two teams and not all isn't really an option.)

Anyway, here are links. I'll post a screenie in the next post for those who can't get to the server.

http://www.younglifenorthdekalb.com/.../ownerlist.php

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 02-18-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:49 AM   #2
Ben E Lou

Main Page
Attached Images
File Type: png bozscreenie.png (64.5 KB, 52 views)
Old 10-27-2008, 05:49 AM   #3
Ben E Lou

Roster Page
Attached Images
File Type: png bozscreenie2.png (70.7 KB, 50 views)
Old 10-27-2008, 05:53 AM   #4
RedKingGold
College Starter

Kleenex, please, k, thanx.

Seriously, this layout is very ESPN.com like (actually better).
Old 10-27-2008, 08:00 AM   #5
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Those are VERY nice.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:24 AM   #6
dann
n00b

These look great.

Question - how are the tables sorted? For example, my blocking stats on the team page do not list my starting C, but they do list my backup. Same with RT.

I'm sure this is something you are already working on since they are under construction, but figured I'd point it out.

Again, these look awesome.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #7
Ben E Lou

I was wondering about that, dann. I have them sorted by their DogBytes score. The idea there was that your more important/key players would appear at the top. I thought capturing seven would get all the starters in, but it looks like your cener has had a rough year, sack-wise.

For teams that have a stadium under construction, the left column is a little longer than the right anyway. Let's see what happens if we add one more player to the blocking stats...
Old 10-27-2008, 08:46 AM   #8
Ben E Lou

Ahhh. I hadn't thought about the flaw in that idea. In this case, your guy has had a horrid start: five sacks allowed in only six games, and a center. (They allow very few, so I have sacks allowed by centers counting more.) Point being, his negative score probably has him dead last among anyone eligible to be on that screen. I hadn't really thought about that. Let's see if that's widespread. I *think* negative scores are pretty rare. If it continues to come up, I'll probably end up just sorting by participation.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:50 AM   #9
dann
n00b

I see, that makes sense. Go ahead and keep him off the list - I probably don't want to stare at those number anyway
Old 10-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #10
dann
n00b

DOLA

These are very similar to the team summary pages in-game and through solehtml, but actually have more info.

I've always liked those because the gave a nice snapshot of your team, but unfortunatly would go away at season end. Is it possible to have these available for past seasons as well? It could be nice to back and see these snapshots with historical data.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #11
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dann View Post
DOLA

These are very similar to the team summary pages in-game and through solehtml, but actually have more info.

I've always liked those because the gave a nice snapshot of your team, but unfortunatly would go away at season end. Is it possible to have these available for past seasons as well? It could be nice to back and see these snapshots with historical data.

1. I modeled the main team page after the FOF Team Summary. The FOF Team Summary page is my favorite screen of any text sim that I play, pretty much hands down.

2. It's coded now so that the previous season will show up until you've played Week 1 of the next year, so in that regard, it's already better than FOF.

3. It's not terribly difficult to include the ability to see past seasons. I just need to get a little better at dropdowns. Maybe one evening this week.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:53 PM   #12
Lintyfresh85
n00b

LOVE THE PAGES!

Question though, any chance you can put ST stats on player cards for guys that don't return kicks or kick FG's?

For example, Orlando Dillon MLB Orlando Dillon Player Details
He's a LB, but he's a 100 on ST's, and he racks up a ton of tackles. But with the current card, all I see is his defensive stats... of which he plays very little.

Just thought it'd be cool to recognize the 'gunners' within the game.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #13
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Holy cow, these look really really great!
Old 10-27-2008, 03:36 PM   #14
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

dola - looking over my roster page, I may have gone a bit over the top with the whole nicknaming thing...

What's funny is that, except for the seven dwarves, who were done all at one this preseason, all the others were put in over a long period of time.

Last edited by fantastic flying froggies : 10-27-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #15
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyfresh85 View Post
LOVE THE PAGES!

Question though, any chance you can put ST stats on player cards for guys that don't return kicks or kick FG's?

For example, Orlando Dillon MLB Orlando Dillon Player Details
He's a LB, but he's a 100 on ST's, and he racks up a ton of tackles. But with the current card, all I see is his defensive stats... of which he plays very little.

Just thought it'd be cool to recognize the 'gunners' within the game.
Added. Considering that LBs and TEs are used fairly commonly on special teams and only have one natural stats group on their player cards, I went ahead and activated special teams stats for all of them.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:02 PM   #16
Ben E Lou

Completed the "schedule" portion of the Team Page. Week-by-week list of all games and leaders in your team's history.

WOOF: Driftwood Rabid Javelina Details
Old 10-27-2008, 10:05 PM   #17
Ben E Lou

Dola:

The Home, Roster, and Schedule sections of the team pages should all be fully functional now. Let me know if you have any issues or suggestions for those three. History, Transactions, and Draft History should go more quickly.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:00 PM   #18
Ben E Lou

Draft History Page Complete

http://www.gstelmack.com/woof/ben/te....php?teamid=29
Old 10-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #19
Ben E Lou

Oh...and the team history is up, too.

http://www.gstelmack.com/woof/ben/te....php?teamid=29
Old 10-28-2008, 07:23 PM   #20
miked
College Starter

Can I have your love child?
Old 10-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #21
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
For example, Bozeman looks great, but Oceanside has viewability issues.

I assure you the Oceanside viewability issue has less to do with your code and more to do with their roster. Bozeman rulez!!11
Old 11-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #22
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dann View Post
Is it possible to have these available for past seasons as well? It could be nice to back and see these snapshots with historical data.
This is now done. Go to the bottom of your team page, and there will be a dropdown there to look at a summary of any past season.