Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #1051
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Thanks for running this game Crimson I am sure it was a lot of work. I had a lot of fun even though I was confused and could not vote for most of the game. I almost thought my parchment(that I refused to pass) caused me to get hand possessed.

You can thank me for chopping off your hand. I don't know why Tyke didn't do it while your hand was going after him. He had the chainsaw I think, which could do that.

I was pretty annoyed that didn't get rid of the hand, but I guess it helped.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #1052
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
wrong movie

i know
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #1053
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Thanks for running this game Crimson I am sure it was a lot of work. I had a lot of fun even though I was confused and could not vote for most of the game. I almost thought my parchment(that I refused to pass) caused me to get hand possessed.

nope you got possessed because j23 chose you...take that for what it's worth.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #1054
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
You can thank me for chopping off your hand. I don't know why Tyke didn't do it while your hand was going after him. He had the chainsaw I think, which could do that.

I was pretty annoyed that didn't get rid of the hand, but I guess it helped.

actually bhlloy thought of it first and he shot his hand off first then you sawed the clingy bits.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #1055
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh another thing that helped me. I have an ACTUAL COPY of the EVIL DEAD 2 script which I found online so the spell words were ACTUAL spell words from the movie. (when you saw another font pop up, that was me copy and pasting)
Old 09-26-2011, 09:33 PM   #1056
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Oh yeah weapons were there for lynches. There were a couple of weapons with special abilities. But basically all weapons were needed for was for lynches. If you wanted to kill someone by a lynch you HAD to have a weapon voting for them. There were enough weapons and weapon users in the game to handle this though. I think like 9 weapon users. But yeah kinda lame. But I didn't wanna use hitpoints or anything like that.

Weapons:
Chainsaw
Shotgun
Knife
Sacrificial dagger
ax
HARM SPELL (usable by spellcasters...jackal THIS is what you had)
Shovel

Sticky fingers (isable by weapons people to steal items)

Spells:
Seance (Seer ability)
Summon Person (bring a person into your thread)
Gravity Grease (All items dropped and end up in evil places (woods or cellar)
Summon Demon (kills one good guy randomly)
Switch (all items change hands)
Clarity (You know the vote count that day)
Steal (take an item)
Clairvoyance (can read other threads)
Old 09-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #1057
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Total game count: 2307 posts!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #1058
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Total game count: 2307 posts!

And 1000 of them were mine!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #1059
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh that's interesting about the weapons. That would have been hilarious if we had a lynch that fizzled for that reason. And I love the Clairvoyance and Summon Person spells. I wish we had seen some more of those things.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:53 PM   #1060
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Clairvoyance was with danny in the woods and stayed there. mayboy unfortunately for you got the clarity spell like on day 2 and never dropped it...until HE cast the switch spell....but what that did was also took the SEANCE spell away from Jackal who had it at that point.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #1061
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Autumn and Danny that was EXCELLENT work putting together the puzzle of voting patterns and item passes.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:56 PM   #1062
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Oh yeah the three pages needed to reverse the evil were:
MANIFEST EVIL (which ZInto had and did not cast until he lost it) then Mauboy had it and cast it thinking it might heal J23 but ended up starting the banish evil process.

OPEN PORTAL (which I forget who had it at first but ended up AGAIN in zinto's hands who also did not pass it)

CLOSE PORTAL (That was the page Autumn found on the road as he was sucked up. )
Old 09-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #1063
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Steal was in a weapons persons hand then fell on the ground all game. Chief had Grease but never cast it, then it switched to ..um...Jackal I think. Summon person was with Autumn (stolen from mauboy) Oh yeah DV had something. a spell...Steal I think.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:04 PM   #1064
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And Jackal of course had Summon Demon most of the game Good boy not to cast it That was a "DM screwing with people spell kinda" . Summoning a demon is bad no matter how you slice it.

Then it switched to AUtumn who died in the cellar holding 5 items :P ITEM HOG!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:17 PM   #1065
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

High five ZINTO....'s hand.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #1066
J23
College Benchwarmer

Fun game Crimson, thanks for running it. I never thought we had a chance when I saw it was just 2 wolves and then I had to do the conversion on night 2. The hand mechanic was pretty fun to mess w/ people (sorry tyke) and a nice surprise (I was only told I could "corrupt" someone). Not being able to hold items was difficult since I couldn't ever ask for anything or give an item to gain trust.

There really was a big advantage to being able to know what was going on in two rooms at a time, and if CR had lived longer, I can only imagine that three would have made it even easier to manipulate things. Unfortunately, he was already under pressure from another thread at the time and ended up getting lynched fairly quickly. I was surprised the next day when I didn't get more looks for not voting him. Then I went downstairs and saw that Autumn was saying he was going to go after the CR voters, and that combined w/ the tyke showdown the night before, I figured I was probably toast.

My biggest problem was not being up after deadline for long and missing half of the write-ups since I didn't want to accidentally see discussion in threads I wasn't supposed to. I probably should have just read up until the night actions, but I didn't really want to be lurking in a thread hours after it had occurred and raise questions.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #1067
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I am impressed that I was still a consideration to get votes a week after I died.

I'd like to take at least a little credit for asking if anyone had seen you a couple times in different threads to keep people wondering. When I saw people actually talking about voting you, I was loving it
Old 09-26-2011, 10:59 PM   #1068
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Oh yes, J23 could not hold ANY items. His vote counted twice on people in the woods (never came into play). mauboy being the cellar witch Henrietta, his vote counted twice in the cellar. (also never came into play)
Old 09-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #1069
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, a real advantage for the bad guys was being able to spread the vote over several rooms. It made it hard to get a sense of the vote history.

And yes, J23, that's a good point, that the deadlines meant if you weren't around at night you missed some of what happened in your old thread and couldn't go back. I'm not sure how you could solve that though, and I really liked having the different areas.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #1070
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And yes I was updating multiple threads even when people weren't in them so that you guys wouldn't get metagame info.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:01 PM   #1071
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
And Jackal of course had Summon Demon most of the game Good boy not to cast it That was a "DM screwing with people spell kinda" . Summoning a demon is bad no matter how you slice it.

See, I knew I did something right.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:01 PM   #1072
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yeah, a real advantage for the bad guys was being able to spread the vote over several rooms. It made it hard to get a sense of the vote history.

And yes, J23, that's a good point, that the deadlines meant if you weren't around at night you missed some of what happened in your old thread and couldn't go back. I'm not sure how you could solve that though, and I really liked having the different areas.

But SOMEHOW that did NOT matter on day 1 and 2. ntndeacon and DV won the vote securely across 3-4 threads without ANY help from the bad guys. They did NOT coordinate that. There was no badguy on the Road. j23 started um...in the yard and mauboy on the trail.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #1073
J23
College Benchwarmer

Oh, I couldn't be lynched day 1. I'm not sure what would have happened w/ the game balance if I had been lynched on day 2 like ntn was. I'm guessing that's where you step in with some new rules to help out Henrietta?

I love the series btw, and was stoked that I got to be the big bad
Old 09-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #1074
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

NOBODY could be lynched day 1. Thanks for reminding me. Day 1 was a designated nonlynch day. And no one had weapons anyway. The winners of each thread were sent magically to the MAIN CABIN. The hint of that really was that they ran off into the distance...well for ntn at least. He was the only outdoor person voted out. I did not expect the other outdoor people would tie. I set an odd number of people in the 3 outdoor threads SPECIFICALLY to prevent ties. Yet they happened anyway...or nolynch. I should have taken out nolynch
Old 09-26-2011, 11:31 PM   #1075
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh and so the description of NTN was just coincidence, right? That led us on a merry goose chase.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:27 AM   #1076
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You guys were reading way too much into that. I was just describing a redneck backwoods kinda person. (crooked teeth, funny looking). I sure as hell wouldn't be saying things like "he looks like an evil badguy".

And the description was a little tongue in cheek because you guys were so paranoid about him already and already were talking like you didn't trust him hence "he looks weird to you. you don't like him, etc..."
Old 09-27-2011, 12:29 AM   #1077
bhlloy
Coordinator

Sorry guys, I guess I cost us the game on the day that tyke died. So busy at work I didn't get to check in until 7:30 and obviously it was too late by then.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:35 AM   #1078
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Not necessarily b, you weren't the only one. And there were others days and other things that went against the village.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:05 AM   #1079
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
You guys were reading way too much into that. I was just describing a redneck backwoods kinda person. (crooked teeth, funny looking). I sure as hell wouldn't be saying things like "he looks like an evil badguy".

And the description was a little tongue in cheek because you guys were so paranoid about him already and already were talking like you didn't trust him hence "he looks weird to you. you don't like him, etc..."

That's what I figured at first until I got to the Woods and heard them saying it was exactly like a Deadite. I didn't really know. But yeah I've found it's hard to do flavor text in a WW game without leading the players down some wildly false trails.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:14 AM   #1080
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*shrug* I find it amusing that people lead themselves down their own trails without me doing anything. Even when I tell them sometimes by PM they still don't believe me. Tis okay by me.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:27 AM   #1081
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Great game and well ran. I just find it a little hard to accept that the village loses when up 3-1 actual persons on a day when every living villager votes the last remaining wolf. I find it a little hard to swalloe that pill. Other than that I think it was a breathe of fresh air to werewolf and a fantastic game. Most fun I have had playing in quite a while.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:29 AM   #1082
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I also think I was terrible on my protects. Just plain awful IMO.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:04 AM   #1083
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Great game and well ran. I just find it a little hard to accept that the village loses when up 3-1 actual persons on a day when every living villager votes the last remaining wolf. I find it a little hard to swalloe that pill. Other than that I think it was a breathe of fresh air to werewolf and a fantastic game. Most fun I have had playing in quite a while.

100% surprised as well. When I put my order in to change zintos hands vote to jackal cf says enjoy the ride. I thought sweet I'll have a cool death .. not come out ahead like that.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #1084
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I also think I was terrible on my protects. Just plain awful IMO.

Reading along, I thought you were awfully dialed in with your votes. No idea where the protects ended up, but your in-game reads put all kinds of pressure on the wolves pretty much starting from the point where NTN died to the end of the game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #1085
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yup dubb great playing. I thought you were wonderfully creative but you also were the most paranoid player which was also fitting right into the theme.

If we cast this with actors you would have been played by Bill Paxton. "Game Over man Game Over!"

dubb, I'm disapp[ointed that items decided the ending and it means I have to rethink how I do items in the future. But unfortunately hardly ANY of the village passed items to each other even when they couldn't use an item. And there wasn't ONE wolf because the Hand did count as a wolf.
But on the other hand it does make sense for evil to win an evil dead game
Old 09-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #1086
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Great game CF. I knew I was a dead man when tyke forced me to out myself. I didn't want to do it because the SEANCE scroll could have been used more than once.

Dubb, did you consider protecting me that night?
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #1087
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I think the biggest thing the evil dudes did early was possess Chief Rum. This was luck. But it took the vilalgers from 4 spellcasters to 3.

I do think the balance of 4 spellcasters-10ish weaponusers was pretty good.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #1088
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Dzilla-Not even for a second. Never considered the spell was more than one time use. I thought they would want Jackals demon spell since it wasn't used. If you had just flat out revealed you still had it you would have lived another night for sure though. Sorry.

Last edited by dubb93 : 09-27-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #1089
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

the evil guys had no idea who had what item nor what items were still in rooms. Only one person had the power to know that: commo_soldier. As Annie he could scan for items. He used it to scan for the book mostly. He knew it was in the cabin and then knew it went downstairs. Then he died.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:51 PM   #1090
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I nearly protected CR N2 but talked myself into protecting those around me. Talked myself out of it N3 and protected CR. Should have pulled the trigger on that a night earlier.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #1091
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

N1-Danny(hadn't met him yet)

N2-Jackal(figured I should stick to a known)

N3-CR(hadnt met him yet)

N4-Autumn(after I argued with him all day)

N5-Jackal(over DZ)

N6-Me(I was scanned D5 and roled, figured I was a high percentage play)

N7-Zinto(I believe he had just been separated from the hand)

N8-Me(again roled and cleared, surely they have to kill me @ some point right?)
Old 09-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #1092
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

dubb, if j23 were still alive on N6 that would have happened because he would have killed you. mauboy chose autumn instead tho. Then BUg...basically whoever left the room got whacked...which is kind of fitting horror movie wise i guess
Old 09-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #1093
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

correction, he would have TRIED to kill you and would have failed because you would have blocked.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #1094
The Jackal
Coordinator

CF what happened when my harm spell was triggered? Was it just someone voting for me?
Old 09-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #1095
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The harm spell was exactly like a weapon, but just for spellcasters. So it just meant your vote REALLY counted for the lynch to kill that person. So when I wrote the writeups, the person dying got hit with the items that were owned by people. Thus the first kill was the harm spell and the shovel taking ntn's head off . Whenever someone looked like they felt immense pain when they were getting lynched...it meant jackal was voting for them. Same with DV in the car.

That shovel killed more people in this game than anything actually.

funny that
Old 09-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #1096
The Jackal
Coordinator

Cool. Looking forwards to the next one
Old 09-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #1097
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Autumn taking off ntn's head with the shovel for the first kill was actually quite a nice coincidence as in the movie, the first kill made is Ash taking off Linda's head with a shovel. And interestingly enough, Autumn was Linda.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #1098
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Great game CF, really enjoyed it for my first game. As for my not disclosing earlier, I was hoping to convince without revealing since that was the best way for my long term survival. I knew once I revealed I would probably be dead within two nights and we probably would have just killed another villager in my place. Was just a bad situation.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:42 AM   #1099
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
As for my not disclosing earlier, I was hoping to convince without revealing since that was the best way for my long term survival. I knew once I revealed I would probably be dead within two nights and we probably would have just killed another villager in my place. Was just a bad situation.

The take my ball and go home werewolf logo is terrible for the village and always has been.

Look at it this way. The difference in this game was one villager at the end. Had you full revealed in time you would have saved yourself, had a shot at a wolf getting lynched(or if not, atleast you know it wasn't 100% going to be a wolf). You also could have pushed each wolf lynch forward a day.

Plus in the bigger picture you enter the COT. The COT is what wins games. It also forces the wolves night kills in a way that may keep more important roles alive. You also may draw a NK attempt in a situation where it is extremely likely you will be protected thus negating a wolf night kill. Never accept death as a villager. You are only contributing to the loss at that point.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:07 AM   #1100
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

COT = Circle of Trust, by the way, meaning "We know these people are good or at least we're PRETTY SURE".

NOte, dubb, commo is still new to this stuff.