Old 09-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #1001
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Wow.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #1002
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, that was a surprise. I thought we squeaked out a win. Holy extra votes!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #1003
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

crazy fun game.

Thanks so much. I had a lot of fun trying to figure out what all the spells could be and what the book was going to end up doing.

Last edited by mauchow : 09-26-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #1004
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Now to go read all the other threads.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #1005
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And no no one knew about the necronomicon effect except that good guys felt that it felt bad in their hands and bad guys thought it felt good in their hands.

It was sheer searching on mauboy's part and a little luck that he got the shotgun from the cellar and that jackal got the ncronomicon upstairs. mau knew of neither doubling effect btw.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #1006
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yes go read the other threads....Read Autumn alone on the road and Danny alone in the woods. THey are a crack-up.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #1007
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm confused. Jackal and Mauboy each got an extra vote? So it was 4-3 Mauboy?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #1008
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I'm confused. Jackal and Mauboy each got an extra vote? So it was 4-3 Mauboy?

Yeah, I'm confused about that too.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #1009
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

there was an extra vote PUT on jackal because HE held the necronomicon as a good guy.

The shotgun gives whoever has it an extra vote. bhlloy had some really powerful votes half the game but forgot to use it some of the time :P
Old 09-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #1010
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh and so the Hand counted as a wolf?

I know there's lots of mechanics to explain, but I'd like to know about the Hand first.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #1011
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And no I don't totally like how I did items. If I do another item game (which at this point I don't want to) I would tweak item use a bunch but just went with the best I had.

Also you guys left a TON of stuff in the cellar . Autumn had 5 items. There were multiple items which swapped what each person had.

GRAVITY GREASE SPELL - made people drop all items
STEAL - took a person's items
STICKY FINGERS GLOVES - steals an item
SWITCH - everybody swaps items
Old 09-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #1012
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The hand cuonted as a wolf....yes.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #1013
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Zinto was controlled by the wolves with the corruption ability of J23 on day 1.

when the hand separated zinto got his vote back buyt the hand continues to vote as a wolf.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #1014
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The entire movie is here on youtube....watch and enjoy and you'll see what inspired most of it.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #1015
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Zinto was controlled by the wolves with the corruption ability of J23 on day 1.

when the hand separated zinto got his vote back buyt the hand continues to vote as a wolf.

That's pretty cool, so it's kind of a mix between a conversion, and a vote control.

I like that, actually, my only suggestion would have been to make it clear somehow that this counted as a bad guy. I thought it was clear that the good guys should probably have voted out the Hand, to get rid of that vote, but it never would have occurred to me that it might count as a full bad guy.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #1016
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

We converted Chief Rum on night two - we were hoping to delay the conversion as long as possible but couldn't. I didn't know the hand would count as a wolf in the final tally, either. INteresting twist.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #1017
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

chief rum was possessed on night 2
Old 09-26-2011, 08:45 PM   #1018
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
That's pretty cool, so it's kind of a mix between a conversion, and a vote control.

I like that, actually, my only suggestion would have been to make it clear somehow that this counted as a bad guy. I thought it was clear that the good guys should probably have voted out the Hand, to get rid of that vote, but it never would have occurred to me that it might count as a full bad guy.

well somewhat DID know that. The hand was voting for people and at one point someone DID vote for the hand.

But yes in gerenal there were things people did not understand...then again I purposely did not explain every item or rule because that was the mystery. You might use something or NOT. I loved that Jackal showed restraint. He had the SUMMON DEMON spell for 3 days and did not use it. This would have INSTAKILLED a good guy.

And I could TELL Jackal was WANTING to cast that spell too

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-26-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #1019
Autumn
Head Coach

That's hilarious that Chief was possessed. We caught him right away and probably on no grounds at all, lol.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #1020
The Jackal
Coordinator

Whew, tough loss, thought we pulled it out at the end. Definitely one of the most fun games i've played here, well done CF.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #1021
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

This game is definitely a lesson for vanilla villagers....your votes COUNT! Especially when items and weird rules are involved. There were 3 nonvotes on the day tyketime died. Any of them could have saved him and bhlloy's or any 2 of the others would have killed J23 a day earlier.

I apologize if items were not liked. I didn't totally like hjpow I did items because it made it hard for me to keep track of for sure. I loved the multiple threads for room tho. Anyway future DMs, feel free to steal any pieces and mechanics you like and make them better.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #1022
Autumn
Head Coach

What did the Necromicon do for the bad guys?
Old 09-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #1023
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Chief rum's conversion happened in the Cabin with everyone else in the room....here was what i sent chief:

Re: And after you read the other PMs, then THIS happens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox
All these incredible events have taken their toll on you, you think you had better sit down. You take the book with you to the chair and table by the window. You peer at the horrible face and begin flipping the pages. Oh Lord! It’s all here. This is the Necronomicon. You had hoped to find it and now it terrifies you gazing at the pages. You remove your glass and rub your eyes and take in the breeze from the open window. The forest looks dark and blows….there is movement ahead you think. You put on your glasses and look just as an unknown object, somewhat invisible hurls towards your face. You feel the rush and make an “OH” face and it enters your mouth. You feel your body decay. You feel something eating away at you. At your life. At your mind. At your soul. NOOOOO!!!! You try and cry out. There are many people in the room with you and none of them can hear your pain. You are being consumed. Your soul is ripped from your body and ingested. You are gone…….and what remains is evil. All evil. Your eyes glaze totally white. And your skin shines fresh and new. You turn around and rejoin your group. Your eyes and face look normal as they ever did. NO one was aware of what just happened.

And now you are aware of the other evil forces among you…mauboy the cellar witch, formerly Henrietta, the professor’s wife…as well as J23, the force…of the Evil Dead.
You are the Evil Tree Spirit. You control tree life. Your votes count double against people in the Woods and Cellar.
And the Necronomicon…feels good. Oh so good in your hands (If you have votes, then now have one less while holding it)

PM me after you read this and I will get you into the mauboy/j23 thread.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #1024
Autumn
Head Coach

I thought the items were fine, I didn't really have any complaint about that, except for the spell that switched all the items. That felt frustrating, but I can't say it wasn't balanced. I had just swiped the Necromonicon off of Mauboy seconds before my items got swapped.

I already told you CF that i liked how different people were suited for weapons or spells. That allowed for specialization without getting too specific.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:51 PM   #1025
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
What did the Necromicon do for the bad guys?

let their vote count double just like the shotgun.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:53 PM   #1026
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yes mauboy autumn was lying to you the enteire time in the seller about items cause he was trying to steal them from you. but then again mauboy was lying to autumn down there about everything.

What it came down to was the good guys just needed to get more items.

And I realize this was not really a game of werewolf. Not sure what it was. An RPG/Survival Horror game with some werewolf elements perhaps. Hope it was fun anyway. YOu can kick ass in 1300 in army of darkness next.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:54 PM   #1027
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Autumn's death via PM:

The Night

You go down into the cellar and hear something. Oh the smell is horrible. You see mauboy and pass your spell to him. “You know?” he says “It’s rather cold down here. I remember it being cold before.” You smile back appreciative of a nice story. Mauboy is there…a nice old lady with a nice soft friendly voice, that continues, “I remember it was so cold when I had Annie…it was snowing. And I used to sing to her. Would you like me to sing to you?” mauboy wraps you up in a blanket and cradles you in his arms, “Hush little baby don’t say a word. Mam’s gonna buy you a mocking bird…” You try and scream out but you cannot move. “If that mocking bird won’t sing, mama’s gonna buy you a diamond ring. “ The voice is so sweet and the old woman so sweet and pretty you stare at her eyes which now malform, her face is a skill. Her body is all fat and bloated and decayed, “And if that diamond ring turns coal, Mama’s gonna come and swallow your soul.” She tilts you up to drink and sucks your soul right out. Your body withers and dies, a white flabby shell with a frightened expression. “Someone’ in my fruit cellar” she laughs and throws your body on the grave with Chief Rum. Then licks her fingers, “And he tasted sweet.” You are dead.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:54 PM   #1028
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Bug's death in the study was equally creepy.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #1029
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Yes mauboy autumn was lying to you the enteire time in the seller about items cause he was trying to steal them from you. but then again mauboy was lying to autumn down there about everything.

What it came down to was the good guys just needed to get more items.

Well, that's not true at all ;-) I actually did trust Mauboy. I figured the book must be needed by the bad guys, and no way would a wolf Mauboy tell me he found the book. It was only when Mauboy decided to go back down to the cellar that I began to suspect ill of him, but I decided to trust him anyway.

I actually stole the book from Mauboy because I figured if there were any wolves in the cellar they would know to nightkill Mauboy and try to come up and get the book. I figured if I swiped the book from them I would outthink them. Obviously it didn't work out that way. But when I told him to hold on to it quietly in te ecellar, I was serious. He was highest on the trust list at that point.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:59 PM   #1030
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I was really impressed how subtle J23 and mauboy played the first half to 2/3 of the game. Just very very sly!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #1031
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I thought my vote for tyke was the end of our game, to be honest.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #1032
Autumn
Head Coach

Mechanically I liked most everything you did, CF. My only critique would be to do with the deadlines. It felt like they didn't quite work right - actions like passing items happened at night after we moved, yet we didn't really get into the new room until some time after the day deadline. There wasn't much time to read the thread and figure out who was there, and if you wanted to pass them something. If you did a similar system that would be the one thing I would tweak (maybe in a game with this much moderator work a single deadline would be better, or just a longer break between deadlines).

Otherwise, I loved learning the roles essentially through the flavor text, as well as clues to what we needed to do. Using the items or actions to find even more clues might have been fun as well. I loved having the different areas, and even though it was exasperating, not being able to read back what had happened elsewhere added a new wrinkle to WW strategy.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #1033
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You were saved by inactivity :P
bhlloy didn't log in all day with the shotgun in the study. MrBug didn't vote from the CABIN and Autumn didn't vote in the cellar because...um...I still don't understand that. Something about afraid of losing his shovel. But in truth I think he would have voted tyketime.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #1034
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yes autumn that's the part I hated too and would do things TOTALLY DIFFERENTLY. Item finds had to happen BEFORE ITEM USE/NIGHT ACTIONS. But in general even when people had items they usually didn't use them or even pass them to others who COULD use them . Perhaps people didn't trust each other. But at that point you need the extra power I think.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #1035
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
You were saved by inactivity :P
bhlloy didn't log in all day with the shotgun in the study. MrBug didn't vote from the CABIN and Autumn didn't vote in the cellar because...um...I still don't understand that. Something about afraid of losing his shovel. But in truth I think he would have voted tyketime.

Yeah I didn't have any idea who to vote other than Tyke. The reason I didn't vote was that the lynches before it had seemed obvious there was a chance each time I would lose the shovel. At that point I was under the assumption that we really needed the shovel in order to bury bad guys, or unearth the wife and dismember her. I didn't want to lose it to a wolf. Unfortunately it didn't become apparent until after deadline that the shovel could chop Chief up, which screwed with my theory. But I still assumed if we didn't bury them they would come back.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #1036
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Note all the PMS for location and item finds and item passes and night actions i had to send every day. Not to mention writeups coordinated across 5 threads. Fun, but exhausting
Old 09-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #1037
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah I didn't have any idea who to vote other than Tyke. The reason I didn't vote was that the lynches before it had seemed obvious there was a chance each time I would lose the shovel. At that point I was under the assumption that we really needed the shovel in order to bury bad guys, or unearth the wife and dismember her. I didn't want to lose it to a wolf. Unfortunately it didn't become apparent until after deadline that the shovel could chop Chief up, which screwed with my theory. But I still assumed if we didn't bury them they would come back.

Well in this game I was ORIGINALLY going to let the bad guys POSSESS like 4 people. Hoops guy told me that was a HUGE mistake so I thank hoops a LOT. He helped me a lot with game balance and ironing out ideas. THANK YOU HOOPS! Also got good feedback from thomkal and abe.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #1038
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

My favorite quote was from Zinto in the yard...

"Somebody hates me and it is me"

And Danny playing "Castaway" in the Woods thread was a riot.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #1039
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

"Roles"
Victim #10: ntndeacon Local hiker
Victim #01: Darth Vilus Hiker1
Victim #07: Narcizo Hiker2
Victim #03: Chief Rum Ass. Prof. Ed
Victim #04: Danny Hiker3
Victim #16: Commo_Soldier Annie
Victim #11: dzilla77 Student
Victim #17: tyketime Caretaker
Victim #08: bhlloy Hiker5
Victim #06: J23 Evil Dead
Victim #02: Autumn Linda
Victim #12: mckerney Hiker6
Victim #15: mauboy Henrietta
Victim #14: The Jackal Student
Victim #05: Zinto Jake
Victim #13: dubb Ash
Victim #09: MrBug BobbyJo

I only gave Commo and dubb actual role names. I gave Jackal, dzilla, Chief the roles of "Student". The ED role of chief was real but didn't reveal that til he died. I was going to give everyone names at the beginning but decided against it because that makes people want to reveal their names. So I just wrote random "here's how you got here" blurbs. I also randomly assigned who started where instead of having the important people start like in the study and cellar or whatever because that might have been obiovus.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #1040
Danny
Head Coach

I am impressed that I was still a consideration to get votes a week after I died.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #1041
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and overall I think this was a well constructed and well run game Crimson. Really only some small tweaks would make it even better.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #1042
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I am impressed that I was still a consideration to get votes a week after I died.

It would have been legendary if you had got lynched after getting nightkilled. That should be your new goal.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #1043
Autumn
Head Coach

I had no idea my name was Linda.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #1044
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

VERY astute thinking btw, dubb. Especially with what you were saying about the movie and the part where people get possessed AND get unpossessed. I was ACTUALLY trying to think of a way to do that. To have a LOCKET item that brings people back from being possessed. But in the end I could not think of a way to validly do it since badguys PM each other.
So I dropped the whole notion.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #1045
The Jackal
Coordinator

I really wanted to post in the thread Klaatu barada nikto once i got the book for fun, but that was for Ash to get the book so.. i decided against it
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #1046
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I had no idea my name was Linda.

Well it SHOULD be. You look like a Linda.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #1047
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
It would have been legendary if you had got lynched after getting nightkilled. That should be your new goal.

Yeah, I think it should, though I'd even take being night killed after being lynched.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #1048
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I really wanted to post in the thread Klaatu barada nikto once i got the book for fun, but that was for Ash to get the book so.. i decided against it

wrong movie
Old 09-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #1049
Zinto
College Starter

Thanks for running this game Crimson I am sure it was a lot of work. I had a lot of fun even though I was confused and could not vote for most of the game. I almost thought my parchment(that I refused to pass) caused me to get hand possessed.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #1050
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Oh and overall I think this was a well constructed and well run game Crimson. Really only some small tweaks would make it even better.

thanks. although i could have run it much better. Took a day or two to get my spreadsheets organized and consolidated into ONE person spreadsheet and ONE item spreadsheet. Then things were easier and I could record the location moves and votes and who had what items as the days progressed. I think I tried thinking of things too much in a live-action sense tho which was a mistake. That's why item timiing really didn't go as well. I still don't know what would be best for that. Maybe someone else can figure that out better.