Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-18-2017, 10:28 AM   #1
ThePelvicWoo
n00b

Interviews

Hey all,

Got a question for you guys about draft prospects. So there's a prospect with elite bars and combine results, high intelligence and no character red flags. However, when I interviewed him the result came back as very overrated. The combine results support the bars, so I'm not sure how much stock to put in the interview. My staff's interview bars are pretty average for what it's worth.

In the past I've just skipped over these guys to play it safe, but I'm wondering how you guys handle this. I'm picking top 5 (because I suck) and I'd rather not mess this up lol

ThePelvicWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #2
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePelvicWoo View Post
Hey all,

Got a question for you guys about draft prospects. So there's a prospect with elite bars and combine results, high intelligence and no character red flags. However, when I interviewed him the result came back as very overrated. The combine results support the bars, so I'm not sure how much stock to put in the interview. My staff's interview bars are pretty average for what it's worth.

In the past I've just skipped over these guys to play it safe, but I'm wondering how you guys handle this. I'm picking top 5 (because I suck) and I'd rather not mess this up lol

As far as I know VO means that it might be around 20-25% difference between the bars that you see now and the real value (in this case lower), probably someone else can put up better statistics referring to this numbers.

I run away from VO players as they usually crash, if you are picking Top 5, look for H2R, AS, U or VU players with great bars already... In this version you can get a real game changer with that kind of pick. Pick wise, feel free to discuss that player with me privately
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
ThePelvicWoo
n00b

Ha

That's all I needed to know, as I was leaning toward going another direction anyway. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't passing up an all-time great
ThePelvicWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:31 PM   #4
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I've never been afraid of a VO guy if they have elite bars across the board. Bars like that rarely result in anything less than a very good starter (think 65 OVR minimum). That said, if there are others who are of similar talent, don't be afraid to go with them instead. The safe pick is usually the smart pick in the top 5. A gamble can set you back significantly. Something else to consider is the % developed. a low percentage there has a bigger chance of not reaching their potential in my experience. It doesn;t mean they won't make or even exceed their potential, but similar talents with better development will have a better chance of panning out.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 08-20-2017 at 06:34 PM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:56 AM   #5
Hammer
College Prospect

The accuracy of the result depends largely on how good your HC interview bar is. If it is poor pretty good chance he is completely wrong. If he is excellent he is probably right. Why not post the guy up, let us take a look.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:08 AM   #6
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I've never been afraid of a VO guy if they have elite bars across the board. Bars like that rarely result in anything less than a very good starter (think 65 OVR minimum). That said, if there are others who are of similar talent, don't be afraid to go with them instead. The safe pick is usually the smart pick in the top 5. A gamble can set you back significantly. Something else to consider is the % developed. a low percentage there has a bigger chance of not reaching their potential in my experience. It doesn;t mean they won't make or even exceed their potential, but similar talents with better development will have a better chance of panning out.

That's a good point. I didn't take into consideration the % bit, but I might from now on... I just though well if he is underdeveloped then I will have just to wait a little bit more for him to reach the full potential.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:54 AM   #7
jokr29
n00b

Being lowly developed can sometimes result in BIG time players...theres always gems that are ranked lower and are not developed at all IE 1%-5%, who may not be developed but in my experience turn out excellent...you just gotta be aware of that
jokr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:28 AM   #8
garion333
High School Varsity

Screenshot the guy so we can see and give a legit answer!
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #9
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Yeah, hit us with a screen shot, we'll tell you if you pulled a Gob or not.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:42 AM   #10
ezlee2
n00b

I'm not as concerned with VO, VU H2R etc... I do look at it and I use it as a tiebreaker at times, but I have no hard and fast rule here. More often I have the most success drafting when I use the following logic:

1. Bars-I pay specific attention to the static bars
2. Combines
3. Take BPA and avoid drafting for need.
ezlee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:07 AM   #11
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yeah my HC has about 74% interviewing ability and I was looking at two highly rated CB's in the last draft. The higher rated CB he said was VO and then next one he said VU.

Come draft time, the team before me picked the higher combine rated CB and I took the next one.

The one my HC said was VO is looking to be a MUCH better CB than the one he liked better (which I drafted).

First one is VO, second one is VU and the one I drafted. I was going to probably draft the better combine rated CB if I had a choice. (I'm Cleveland)

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:12 AM   #12
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Yeah my HC has about 74% interviewing ability and I was looking at two highly rated CB's in the last draft. The higher rated CB he said was VO and then next one he said VU.

Come draft time, the team before me picked the higher combine rated CB and I took the next one.

The one my HC said was VO is looking to be a MUCH better CB than the one he liked better (which I drafted).

First one is VO, second one is VU and the one I drafted. I was going to probably draft the better combine rated CB if I had a choice. (I'm Cleveland)

Both should go to the gym more often... lol