Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #651
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Spleen had to make his deadline switch. If he didn't save himself, it would be pretty obvious he was protecting bhlloy. The early votes are some support for them not being wolf buddies, but again I think my late vote is more powerful than a vote thrown down several hours before deadline.

The bolded part of this quote was right on the money. I was in the thread for about 20 minutes leading up to the deadline and I knew that if I didn't switch to save myself someone would notice it.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #652
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I lied about rather having spleen beat me. I wanted to win, lol.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #653
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I really fucked up the first day - It could have been bhlloy right away.

Sorry guys
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #654
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

And I was putting far too much stock into that late vote, which is what almost made me switch in the end.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #655
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

*sigh* Well done, Spleen. You and bhlloy played that beautifully to throw my ass off.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #656
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

So did you believe that I was the priest and want me to find out about bhlloy?
Old 06-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #657
Autumn
Head Coach

I thought they had really blundered by not killing of PF. Yet in the end that may have kept them in the game, that really confused you all.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #658
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

And me insisting on scanning the night kill on night one would have been an ideal move in hindsight, too.

Last edited by mauchow : 06-16-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #659
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Spleen - why didn't you kill me last night?

We went back and forth on it, but in the end we decided that not killing you would a) cause confusion (which it did) and b) build trust on spleen because of the switch and his votes for me earlier in the game (which it presumably did)

I was so, so close to revealing as seer. I wonder if Narc would have tried to challenge it as the sorcerer or would have let it go... Presumably Chubby was the seer? If so I'm proud of us picking that up and killing him night 1.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #660
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Ugh...this one is really gonna eat at me, lol. That damn day 2 totally threw me for a loop. That and me not dying yesterday.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #661
Danny
Head Coach

At least I can say all three of my votes ended up on bad guys.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #662
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Ugh...this one is really gonna eat at me, lol. That damn day 2 totally threw me for a loop. That and me not dying yesterday.

I meant it when I said I would have killed you
Old 06-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #663
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Spleen - why didn't you kill me last night?

We believed you that you were the Priest. Before the deadline, bhlloy recommended that I keep you alive if he went down. I don't remember if he said why.

When it came time to make the decision, I wanted to keep you alive because I knew you would scan bhlloy and show he was a wolf. Since I dealt the killing blow, I thought that would help me a lot.

That and what I pointed out in my last reply. I knew someone would see bhlloy as a wolf if I didn't switch to save myself.

When I got heat for not vote switching on Day 1, I had to make sure I played like a villager. Moving to killing bhlloy was a definite villager move in my mind especially when you were going to name him wolf.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #664
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
So did you believe that I was the priest and want me to find out about bhlloy?

Yeah, we had no reason to not believe you about being the priest. I was decently confident the seer was dead after no reveal day 2 in such a short game.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #665
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
And me insisting on scanning the night kill would have been an ideal move in hindsight, too.

I truthfully am happier knowing that we got a wolf day 2. I submitted an order right away to always scan the lynch, and I almost switched that for day 3, but I felt knowing the lynch was more important.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #666
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I meant it when I said I would have killed you

And that I do believe. I don't know why I didn't believe it enough to move
Old 06-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #667
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I truthfully am happier knowing that we got a wolf day 2. I submitted an order right away to always scan the lynch, and I almost switched that for day 3, but I felt knowing the lynch was more important.
I was just meaning on night one. After that would have been more important to go on bhlloy, definitely.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #668
spleen1015
Coordinator

The mistake I made was coming after Danny as soon as Day 4 started. I should have let you guys do your thing before committing. Going after Danny got him looking at me really hard.

In Day 3, I just sat back and let you guys guide the action. I wasn't going to push for anything unless someone targeted me.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #669
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I was just meaning on night one. After that would have been more important to go on bhlloy, definitely.

True, then we would have known Chubby was the seer. Although I am not sure if that really would have helped us, to be honest. Especially since a lot of us were fairly convinced you were a wolf, lol.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #670
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

I agree 100% with this. If you didn't know anything about the lynches, you wouldn't have stood a chance. All finding out about the seer day 1 would have done is taken away the chance of a fake seer reveal, and it didn't even work when Narc tried to make it.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #671
spleen1015
Coordinator

bhlloy nailed Chubby as the Seer. That was totally he call.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #672
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
The mistake I made was coming after Danny as soon as Day 4 started. I should have let you guys do your thing before committing. Going after Danny got him looking at me really hard.

In Day 3, I just sat back and let you guys guide the action. I wasn't going to push for anything unless someone targeted me.
Go ahead and don't play again for a year.

Join in on Danny's game if you haven't already.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #673
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Spleen - did you and bhlloy plan day 2 from the start then? Looking at those votes is what really threw me - even that early, putting a buddy on the block like (and in bhlloy's case, leaving it there) seemed really ballsy.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #674
spleen1015
Coordinator

I knew Narc was the Sorcerer when he fake revealed me as good.

I was going to try and keep him alive in Day 3, but it didn't think I could manage it so I voted for him instead.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #675
Danny
Head Coach

I really hope in future games roled villagers stop revealing as "you don't want to lynch me, I have an important role" and then not actually revealing. All it does is signal the wolves to take you out.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #676
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Yes spleen, you must join Danny's game now.

I need day 1 vote anyway
Old 06-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #677
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Spleen - did you and bhlloy plan day 2 from the start then? Looking at those votes is what really threw me - even that early, putting a buddy on the block like (and in bhlloy's case, leaving it there) seemed really ballsy.

Yes, we decided to throw early votes on each other.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #678
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

It wasn't so bad, what tipped me off was the two reactions to my fake revealing as a wolf.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #679
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes spleen, you must join Danny's game now.

I need day 1 vote anyway

I was going to join, but I will be on vacation starting 6/24 and I won't be worried about WW.

I will join the game after that, maybe.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #680
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Yes, I think you came out of the gate a bit hard, though I was surprised Danny didn't jump on that sooner. It's a hard game to play there, if you had sat back and waited, that would have looked bad too. I think you played it very well when you unvoted and seemed indecisive.

Which reminds me, Danny's fake Wolf reveal was a masterful move I think. Spleen had the game locked up at that point. Great job Danny, I was impressed.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #681
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I was going to join, but I will be on vacation starting 6/24 and I won't be worried about WW.

I will join the game after that, maybe.

We'll promise to lynch you before your vacation starts.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #682
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Which reminds me, Danny's fake Wolf reveal was a masterful move I think. Spleen had the game locked up at that point. Great job Danny, I was impressed.

Agreed. I wish I would have been able to follow suit
Old 06-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #683
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
It wasn't so bad, what tipped me off was the two reactions to my fake revealing as a wolf.

I wasn't going to react at all. I should have just kept my mouth shut.

That is truly the reason why I didn't want to respond to everything that you were posting. I didn't want you to use any else as ammo.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #684
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
We'll promise to lynch you before your vacation starts.

Absolutely, lol.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #685
Danny
Head Coach

Yeah Spleen, and I'll give you a character with one hit point
Old 06-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #686
Autumn
Head Coach

I want to thank everyone for giving the no-reveal game a try. I knew it had the potential to be frustrating, but I felt like, from my seat, it ended up quite a lot of fun. I think it added a bit of mystery that made for more interesting play down the stretch. And you guys still seemed just as good at finding the wolves.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:18 PM   #687
Danny
Head Coach

Thanks Autumn, it would have been epic if the village would have still one after a villager fake revealed as a wolf lol
Old 06-16-2011, 09:18 PM   #688
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I want to thank everyone for giving the no-reveal game a try. I knew it had the potential to be frustrating, but I felt like, from my seat, it ended up quite a lot of fun. I think it added a bit of mystery that made for more interesting play down the stretch. And you guys still seemed just as good at finding the wolves.

I think the only way it works is in a small game like this though. Since a small game is already pretty quick, it adds a little bit of long-game feel to it - and there are less people to get frustrated then
Old 06-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #689
Danny
Head Coach

Yeah, it was frustrating at times, but I had fun.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #690
Danny
Head Coach

I would never want to do a large game like this though.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #691
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I wasn't going to react at all. I should have just kept my mouth shut.

That is truly the reason why I didn't want to respond to everything that you were posting. I didn't want you to use any else as ammo.

But clamming up is just as damning, that's also what Danny would expect from a wolf. You've got to talk just enough and just right in that circumstance. You did just enough.

Unfortunately for Danny while he's capable of such great villager play down the stretch, we all know he's just as smooth as a wolf, so that hinders him. Don't feel bad, PF, you know if Danny had pulled that switch out of you as a wolf you'd be even more peeved. And we know he could have done that.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #692
Danny
Head Coach

Though I suppose you could do a role info is given the day after it normally would.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #693
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

I really did have a blast. I decided to stay busy the rest of the night and not sit and watch the thread. If Packer switch and Danny voted Nightfall while I was gone, I was cool with losing. I felt like I outlived the way I played.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #694
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Unfortunately for Danny while he's capable of such great villager play down the stretch, we all know he's just as smooth as a wolf, so that hinders him. Don't feel bad, PF, you know if Danny had pulled that switch out of you as a wolf you'd be even more peeved. And we know he could have done that.

Which is the biggest reason why I stayed put. I know Danny's play much more than I know spleen's, which bit me in the ass in the end.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #695
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I do like the fact that we knew all the roles, and we knew they were all in there. We just had no idea who had them. Although honestly, if I were to have been killed day one, the village would stand virtually no shot.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #696
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I would never want to do a large game like this though.

No, I think the way people do it with a long game is have a passive priest role, or two. As long as both priests are in the game, for example, roles are revealed. If one priest dies, you stop finding out about night kills. If both priests are killed you stop finding out about lynches.

So basically it will be a regular game until down the stretch where you stand a good chance of losing that info, but now it's a small game anyway. I think that gives the end game a chance to be more interesting, with room for fake reveals.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #697
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Granted nobody really believed me when I did reveal and those damn wolves kept me alive, so yeah...lol
Old 06-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #698
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
No, I think the way people do it with a long game is have a passive priest role, or two. As long as both priests are in the game, for example, roles are revealed. If one priest dies, you stop finding out about night kills. If both priests are killed you stop finding out about lynches.

So basically it will be a regular game until down the stretch where you stand a good chance of losing that info, but now it's a small game anyway. I think that gives the end game a chance to be more interesting, with room for fake reveals.

That would be an intriguing way of handling it. Add in our zombie thing we've been discussing and we've got ourselves a fun little game!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #699
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

This is a cool idea.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #700
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I do like the fact that we knew all the roles, and we knew they were all in there. We just had no idea who had them. Although honestly, if I were to have been killed day one, the village would stand virtually no shot.

Yes, that's also part of it - if you play a no-reveal game, all the rules and roles and numbers have to be completely in the open. You can't have any vagueness like we often have.

I think the village would have stood a chance. They didn't even believe you, frankly, so I'm not sure they utilized the priest much at all. You guys are good enough as villagers now to pull off a win even without the reveals, which is impressive.