Home

FlyingFinn's APF2K8 Editor? What happened?

This is a discussion on FlyingFinn's APF2K8 Editor? What happened? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Question FlyingFinn's APF2K8 Editor? What happened?

I remember seeing this....

But I don't remember seeing anything else??

Hopefully you read this FlyingFinn, I am pretty sure if you need some sort of donation we are all willing to do this. Please let us know what the situation is.

Thanks.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: FlyingFinn's APF2K8 Editor? What happened?

He said when he posted it, its a teaser. He wont work on it, but he has shown there is a lot of possibility with an editor. Until someone with his skills puts one together, we wont have one. I am 99% sure he will not do it. People have been offering donations and he just doesnt seem interested.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
He said when he posted it, its a teaser. He wont work on it, but he has shown there is a lot of possibility with an editor. Until someone with his skills puts one together, we wont have one. I am 99% sure he will not do it. People have been offering donations and he just doesnt seem interested.
Damn, that sucks big time. ratesports.net is doing something and supposedly something big will come out next week.... But I don't want to wait for people to do things. I guess I will just read up on the HEX Editing stuff.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

everyone who said they were working on an editor bailed or went MIA, so now we are all basically on our own. thankfully theres some people that are finding really good stuff just through the regular hex editor
Old 02-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
everyone who said they were working on an editor bailed or went MIA, so now we are all basically on our own. thankfully theres some people that are finding really good stuff just through the regular hex editor
Yeah but all this seems like a mess, but oh well... Everyone is doing a great job. I honestly think ratesports will deliver just like they did with BackBreaker.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2011, 07:34 PM   #6
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

I put that Beta editor together in a few hours... If I find some more free time, I will flesh it out a bit. You guys with hex have found a lot of things that make making an editor easier (which helps) but most of the things you found aren't "codes". It is just basic bit manipulation. Also, first and last names, photos and PBP are pointers, just like they were in NFL 2k5 so they are all changeable to an extent. Names being the most editable and PBP and photos being limited to what shipped with the game. So, I would assume, any name is the Name database is also in the PBP database.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I put that Beta editor together in a few hours... If I find some more free time, I will flesh it out a bit. You guys with hex have found a lot of things that make making an editor easier (which helps) but most of the things you found aren't "codes". It is just basic bit manipulation. Also, first and last names, photos and PBP are pointers, just like they were in NFL 2k5 so they are all changeable to an extent. Names being the most editable and PBP and photos being limited to what shipped with the game. So, I would assume, any name is the Name database is also in the PBP database.
This is amazing news. FlyingFinn, thank you so much.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Thank you FF. And I still stand by my word that if it becomes a problem and that you need people to throw a little in money your direction to make this happen, I got some bread with your name on it and I'm sure others will too. I'm just saying that with the economy as bad as it is, a little extra bread aint never hurt nobody.

Last edited by iLLmatic; 02-09-2011 at 09:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »