Home

This game is still unreal!

This is a discussion on This game is still unreal! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: This game is still unreal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgameover
Madden is a very good game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #26
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
HAHAHA! Perfect.

Had another epic moment on an interception this weekend. It was a deep bomb in the back of the endzone. My safety jumped up, reached over the WR with one hand, tipped the ball back in to the middle of the endzone, and my CB came and grabbed it. I was blown away. I love seeing players actually fight for the ball like that, and when they're not in the best position having awareness to make the right move and actually watching correct animations for the situation unfold.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

All i am trying to say is that the game your talking about wont happen because of disinterest mock it as you will but its true.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #28
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgameover
All i am trying to say is that the game your talking about wont happen because of disinterest mock it as you will but its true.
Thanks
Old 02-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #29
Rookie

timbofry1's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon14 Re: This game is still unreal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
All Pro is definitely still the best football sim.

Too bad so many people didn't give it a shot without a franchise mode.

I just play games for the on field action. And because of that, APF 2K8 is my most-played sports game this generation.
I agree with you guys 100%. I am more into on field action and find APF2K8 head and shoulders above Madden in on field action. I played the demo again a few weeks ago and immediately went and picked up a used copy. Now I am recruiting friends and got 3 or 4 of my friends to get the game. It's amazing that the online server is still up. As long as online works, I'll be playing this game online with buddies for the next few years, unless Madden really steps up and improves dramatically.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #30
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I really like Madden 12. And you know why... because I see elements of APF2k8 in it.

I just like to play good football games. I don't care about the name. I'm flexible, I can play to the Madden style or play to the 2k style. I just love football games.

But NFL 2k5 and APF 2k8 have an effect on me that Madden does not. Games take HOURS because I literally go back and replay each play 2, 3, 4 times. It seems like you see something so realistic and natural looking on every play. Plus, I think the game looks amazing... yes, I said it. People get too hung up on graphics and player models and all that... I'm just a gamer. I'm more hardcore then all my friends, but I still appreciate these games despite digging deeper into them then the casual gamer (but not as deep as alot of guys who still play this series).

There's a reason I still have NFL 2k5 and APF 2k8 despite only playing them every now and then. They blow me away when I pop them in, and then I let them rest for another period of time. Repeat.

The day that 2K announces another football game, generic or otherwise, will be a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 02-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #31
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
The day that 2K announces another football game, generic or otherwise, will be a great day.
I here you on that one. I keep hoping. At this point I'm tempted to get a 360 just so I can get 2k5 and update the rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 13

Be careful. I dont think the newer 360s will play nfl2k5. I could be wrong.

On the other hand, I have APF2k8 back in my rotation of games. Still love it!

BigBlue

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »