Home

Offensive scheme...

This is a discussion on Offensive scheme... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Offensive scheme...

What's your scheme? I'm starting to play again continuing my season and I've been running the Spread. It's easier for me when I attempt to play as QB in pickup games and I've found my coach mode team is efficient using it as well.

Paul Hornung is finally an effective runner with the field spread horizontally.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Last edited by NoleFan; 12-17-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2012, 01:30 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Offensive scheme...

I like trying to play both with run and pass.

I am going through the defensive playbooks and removing the plays that SUCK, like the Hard Cover 2's and 3's, and others.

I wish more people posted here. This forum is dead and it should not be because Madden SUCKS!!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

My offense begins and ends with the run. Generally, if my RBs have touched the ball 20+ times in a game that either means a victory or a close enough game at the end to try and win it. My QBs are "distributors of offense" which means I don't put the game in their hands very often and when I do I set them up for successful, high percentage plays or a PA where as to isolate one defender.

Overall, I'm very conservative with hopes that smart play on all aspects of the game - offense, defense, & special teams - will keep me in close. Essentially, I have Tom Coughlin's style of game planning.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
My offense begins and ends with the run. Generally, if my RBs have touched the ball 20+ times in a game that either means a victory or a close enough game at the end to try and win it. My QBs are "distributors of offense" which means I don't put the game in their hands very often and when I do I set them up for successful, high percentage plays or a PA where as to isolate one defender.

Overall, I'm very conservative with hopes that smart play on all aspects of the game - offense, defense, & special teams - will keep me in close. Essentially, I have Tom Coughlin's style of game planning.
I use that same style of playcalling. The most important thing about any football game in general is that you have to recognize the coverage that the defense is in and figure out what the opposing offense is doing in specific situations throughout the game.

There is a really good write-up of the more common types of coverage in the link right here. The attachment below is a printable version of the link if you want to keep a copy handy with you in the middle of your game so you know what to do in the right situations.

The concepts here can be applied to any football videogame and will hopefully make a noobie become a better football gamer.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Coverage Cheatsheet.doc (198.5 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by bucs34rules; 12-17-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:35 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs34rules
I use that same style of playcalling. The most important thing about any football game in general is that you have to recognize the coverage that the defense is in and figure out what the opposing offense is doing in specific situations throughout the game.

There is a really good write-up of the more common types of coverage in the link right here. The attachment below is a printable version of the link if you want to keep a copy handy with you in the middle of your game so you know what to do in the right situations.

The concepts here can be applied to any football videogame and will hopefully make a noobie become a better football gamer.

Thanks A lot for this. I have spent some free time lately going through the defensive playbooks in APF for all the formations and have tried to remove the garbage plays.

I have removed a lot of the plays, but weird stuff still happens in game. Anyone know how to fix the "glitches" with the DB's"? It is not horrible, but there are problems. I am adding those edited playbooks to each of rate sports NFL 2K13 head-to-head files; to the eight user teams in each file , in which I have edited ratings of each player and they play really well and it is a lot of Fun!!

I am still going though the playbooks and will remove more plays as necessary and I may post the plays that I think should be kept in each of the formations within the defensive playbooks. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWBlue4
Thanks A lot for this. I have spent some free time lately going through the defensive playbooks in APF for all the formations and have tried to remove the garbage plays.

I have removed a lot of the plays, but weird stuff still happens in game. Anyone know how to fix the "glitches" with the DB's"? It is not horrible, but there are problems. I am adding those edited playbooks to each of rate sports NFL 2K13 head-to-head files; to the eight user teams in each file , in which I have edited ratings of each player and they play really well and it is a lot of Fun!!

I am still going though the playbooks and will remove more plays as necessary and I may post the plays that I think should be kept in each of the formations within the defensive playbooks. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks
I think everyone on these forums would be happy to see an awesome list of plays worth keeping in their playbook. One of the plays not worth keeping is the end-round (hand-off to TE/WR). I've been able to track that down very easily in my experience online.

A good tip to containing any Gold RB is to double team him w/ manual adjustments. Just hold down the LB, press the blitzing Linebacker's button, then press the button corresponding to the Running back. It's not guaranteed to shut them down, but at least you have some way of "containing" the running back.

Last edited by bucs34rules; 12-18-2012 at 08:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »