Your Guide to Better Sliders - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Your Guide to Better Sliders

This is a discussion on Your Guide to Better Sliders within the APF 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Sliders

Old 06-26-2008, 02:19 AM   #1
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Smile Your Guide to Better Sliders

This thread will help you get your stats to "fit" season mode, as well as give you a better understanding of how the sliders work.

I'm going to contribute what I have learned about the sliders and I encourage anyone else to do so also. Hopefully in the end the result will be a better experience with APF 2K8 for all.

I'll start with posting the stat results of three simulated seasons averaged together, to give you an idea of what type of numbers you should be getting when you play. After each stat category I'll also list in parenthesis the most relevant corresponding sliders, so you'll know what to adjust if the numbers are off. The low number is the lowest of the league leaders and the high is the highest. So expect your numbers to occasionally fall outside of these ranges. In other words, if you have a great day offensively and go over 450 yards total offense, you don't necessarily have to make any adjustments. You'll just have to use your judgment as to what changes to make.

I myself am still making adjustment to my sliders and am still a pretty good ways off, but will post the ones I use when I start to consistently get good results, along with some detail as to how I arrived at my settings.

After each game check these stats:

The number of pass attempts, rush attempts, FGs, and punts should come to 110-120 total, for both teams put together, per game. (MINUTES PER QUARTER, ACCELERATED CLOCK ON/OFF)

Note: 12 Minute Quarters with accelerated clock ON gives me a good number of total plays, and thus help with all the other stats listed below.

TEAM STATS, per team

1st Downs = 16-24 (all that pertain to offense and defense)
Total Yards = 300-450 (all that pertain to offense and defense)
3rd Downs = 55-75% (all that pertain to offense and defense)
Penalties = 3-5 (PENALTIES, in particular OFFENSIVE HOLDING, CLIPPING, FACE MASK, DEFENSIVE PASS INTERFERENCE, DEFENSIVE HOLDING)
Turnovers = 0-1 (FUMBLE and INT)

Note: The turnover ratio should be INT:Fumbles, 5:1. As you can see there aren't a lot of turnovers, and when they happen they are usually interceptions.

PLAYER STATS, per team

QB Rating = 75-130 (PASSING, COVERAGE)
QB% = 55-75 (PASSING, COVERAGE)
Yds per PA = 5-10 (PASSING, COVERAGE)
Sacks = 1-4 (BLOCKING)

RB avg (for feature back) = 4-6 yards (BLOCKING, PURSUIT, RUNNING, TACKLE)
Broken TKLs (for feature back) = 5-15 (TACKLE, RUNNING)

WR Drops = 0-1 (CATCHING)
(edit: I deleted YAC, as it is not a useful game by game indicator)

Pass Deflections = 0-1 (COVERAGE, PASSING)
TKLs for Loss = 0-2 (BLOCKING, PURSUIT)

FG long = The longest FG was 57 yards.
(KICKING)
Punt Avg = 35-45 (KICKING)
Kick Return = The highest AVG was 25. (PURSUIT, TACKLE, RUNNING)
Punt Return = The highest AVG was 10. (PURSUIT, TACKLE, RUNNING)

Last edited by spit_bubble; 07-02-2008 at 11:49 AM. Reason: EDIT: Broken TKLs high (in red)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2008, 06:19 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Your Guide to Better Sliders

Great Contribution to the APF Community.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:55 PM   #3
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Good stuff Koshi.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I hate you Koshi after reading your thread I've suddenly got the urge to tweak my ****** sliders
Old 06-27-2008, 01:48 AM   #5
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRETCHARUSS
Great Contribution to the APF Community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
Good stuff Koshi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantshootrite
I hate you Koshi after reading your thread I've suddenly got the urge to tweak my ****** sliders
It just might be for the better. Though I kind of overdid my last adjustments, it really makes a significant difference. The running game in particular is much better for me now. Even on pro I thought guys would get tackled too easily, like the defenders had some sort of vacuum ability. Plus I thought pursuit was too high, and it helped to lower that too. Tweaking these areas also really helps the return game on special teams...

I'm getting ahead of myself. Like I say, my last tweak swung the balance too far in favor of the offense, and the last game I played was filled with highlight reel stuff just about every other play it seemed. So I still have some fine tuning to do.

I'm glad I stopped focusing on what this game was missing, because the action on the field is excellent... Not without flaw, but still excellent. Especially with a few slider adjustments.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:20 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

There's no way to get realistic season stat's it's impossible the HB's alway's have unrealistic stat's like 5 HB's with 2000-2400 yard's but the rest seem to come out well
Old 06-27-2008, 04:32 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

When will you post your sliders Koshi?
Old 06-27-2008, 11:24 AM   #8
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantshootrite
There's no way to get realistic season stat's it's impossible the HB's alway's have unrealistic stat's like 5 HB's with 2000-2400 yard's but the rest seem to come out well
I was wondering about that, because the broken tackles seemed a bit high. I didn't even check the total yards gained, and just looked at the averages.

Also, I thought a good way to go about this (fine tuning the sliders) would be to create two different teams that featured different types of players (to stress run or pass), and then switch back and forth. Though I think ultimately it may be a bit hard to find a balance point, because the first time I had Barry Sanders on my team I realized how much better he was than most other backs. Yes, that's true in life, but seemingly exaggerated in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
When will you post your sliders Koshi?
Probably after another handful of games, so maybe sometime next week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Sliders »