Home

Roster editor possible - But I'll need some help

This is a discussion on Roster editor possible - But I'll need some help within the Backbreaker Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker > Backbreaker Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #17
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Roster editor possible - But I'll need some help

Haha I would help if someone supplied me the ratings to convert to hex for each player (no way do I know how good each player is individually better than others on here) and if there was a PS3 save available. However, it wouldn't be worth my time if I can't use them. Sorry, boss.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 7

Yea Blzer, I was going to help, but since PS3 users are out.. it sucks.

I did have a brief conversation with Todd over at the official forums and he was open to the idea of removing the encryption but he said that he thinks if they did that they'd lose compatibility with older saves. He said he's not positive and his PS3 guru won't be back til Monday, so he'll ask him.

I have a feeling it won't be possible without screwing up current saves (which would invalidate all the work being done for rosters and stuff) so there's no way it'll happen if the compatibility can't be kept. However, for BB2...
Old 06-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #19
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYGx
Screw playing online lol. If we can get legitimate rosters with the ratings we want, I'll NEVER play online.
Understood, though I think part of the desire to play online is the fact that the CPU A.I. is too dumb to figure out how to complete a pass against a FG Block formation where NO RECEIVERS ARE BEING COVERED!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 21

for those who are worried about PS3 users being left out.....

there is a way to convert Xbox 1 saves to PS2 saves.....then to PS3 saves...

I'm wondering if it is similar if we want to convert 360 saves to PS3 ones...

here is how it is done for XBOX to PS2

1. Download the PS2 Save Builder program.
2. Obtain a legit PS2 roster file.
3. Obtain the targeted XBOX file.
4. Open the ZIP file that is the XBOX roster and find the largest file
(maybe a few directories deep) It will be a .DAT file.

5. Copy that file to any location.
6. Open the PS2 file in Save Builder.
7. You will see a BASLUS file. Rename the .DAT file to whatever the
name of the BASLUS file is (remove the .dat extension also)
8. Right click and delete the BASLUS file in Save Builder.
9. Paste the new BASLUS (the old .DAT file) into the spot where
the previous file was.
10. Save.
11. Open in Finn's editor and hit OK on the error that pops up.
12. Save.

disregard the last two steps.....but what do 360 saves look like, are they similar to Xbox 1 saves? I wonder if we can do the same with step 4.

Last edited by Afrikan; 06-02-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

Well, I'm not sure what XBOX 1 saves look like, so I couldn't tell ya...The actual save file from the 360 for BackBreaker is pretty simple and almost even human readable in hex format. It'll just take someone with a little coding experience to get a nice GUI available for editing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 8

Seems like there is also an effort nearly done to get all the NFL logo's, uni's etc into a single save file. Depending how this hex editor is done I think you guys need to pair up with the various people trying to get the Uni's done so at the end of the day their is one save file for rosters and loge's and uni's etc.

So whoever can come up with this gui eidtor should probably wait until that save file is complete and put up for download.

Wouldn't it be sweet though to have one save file with all the NFL teams and accurate rosters with legit player ratings?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

It would indeed be very sweet, and hopefully we'll be able to get something together soon. I'm going to try my hand at coding a GUI, although it may take me a bit since I honestly don't have too much coding experience. I do have some resources that I'll attempt to exhaust at work to try and see what I can put together.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Eaglesfan, can you just clarify that you have not only hex-editted the save game, but actually successfully reloaded a modified save back into the game without any problems?

Cheers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker > Backbreaker Rosters »