Home

Backbreaker PC Editor 1.3 (6/13 Update)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker PC Editor 1.3 (6/13 Update) within the Backbreaker Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker > Backbreaker Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #89
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon1 re: Backbreaker PC Editor 1.3 (6/13 Update)

Oh wow. I just played my first half with the edits Bill suggested. That was one of if not the most fun I have ever had not only with a football game but probably with a video game.

My setup:
Custom Pro (Everything including kicking turned off)
Hard
Average form

Me (Firebirds - DL set to 10, LB set to 65, CB & S set to 60) these are all 4 attributes to the same value)

CPU (Atoms - OL set to 99) again all attributes

Here are the stats:

Me (Firebirds)
rushing: 19 yards rushing on 9 attempts
passing: 92 yards (12/15 with one int)
first downs: 4
3rd down conversion: 5/8
sacks: 0
TOP: 4:15
Score: 10

CPU (Atoms)
rushing: 95 yards on 11 carries
passing: 30 yards (3/6 with 0 int)
first downs: 6
3rd down conversion: 2/4
sacks: 2
TOP: 5:45
score: 14

Now prior to this the cpu could not break 50 yards in a game against me and never threatened to beat me. In the first half alone it broke a 25 yard run up the middle and then later broke a gorgeous 39 yard touchdown run after cutting to the outside.

The cpu was also able to run the sweep play that prior to these edits my defense manhandled for a loss everytime. On the sweep this time my olb kept containment and the cpu running back cut upfield and picked up about 8 before my mlb recovered to make the tackle. Bill was dead on about the QBs. I didn't get to see him much because they were dominating me on the ground. But when he threw he went deep on a post, a couple swing passes and some various depths across the middle.

I can't say enough about this game with these edits and these are very basic edits basically firewalling players with ratings.

I cant wait to start digging in and tweeking the players with unique atts. I have no doubt we will be able to get teams to play with very unique styles.

Again I can't stress what a difference this made. Man that was awesome.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 06-09-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 0
re: Backbreaker PC Editor 1.3 (6/13 Update)

Is there any update on getting the ratings editor to see more than 12 teams and, also hopefully to read season files. Thanks. Great work so far. Absolutely amazing.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #91
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

I just tried the trick that I suggested earlier and put 12 teams in my teams and edited them with the editor and then went back to the game and tried to copy the to later slots but when I copied the team it reset all the OL ratings. Back to the drawing board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 11:38 PM   #92
Rookie

baden's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
One other thing to note... If you can go into Tools | Options you can enable large attribute values. This will allow any rating to go up to 255 rather then 99. Not sure if there is any affect for anything over 99 but the game recognizes it in the edit player screen. I figure you game-play lab guys could play around with it.
Nice! That's very interesting. Someone should definitely test this out.

Last edited by baden; 06-09-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:58 PM   #93
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Oh wow. I just played my first half with the edits Bill suggested. That was one of if not the most fun I have ever had not only with a football game but probably with a video game.

My setup:
Custom Pro (Everything including kicking turned off)
Hard
Average form

Me (Firebirds - DL set to 10, LB set to 65, CB & S set to 60) these are all 4 attributes to the same value)

CPU (Atoms - OL set to 99) again all attributes
The only thing i didn't like about these edits is that speed in the secondary seemed too slow. That's why I tried just editing the d-line and leaving the CPU offense alone, but the effect won't be nearly as dramatic as it will be this way.

Like I said, if they just patch the obvious rules errors, I think it will be possible to mod the rosters to the point that the game will play really, really well. Any A.I. improvements they get in for the patch will just be a bonus.

Now if Finn could only include camera height in the editor--LOL.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:01 AM   #94
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
The only thing i didn't like about these edits is that speed in the secondary seemed too slow. That's why I tried just editing the d-line and leaving the CPU offense alone, but the effect won't be nearly as dramatic as it will be this way.

Like I said, if they just patch the obvious rules errors, I think it will be possible to mod the rosters to the point that the game will play really, really well. Any A.I. improvements they get in for the patch will just be a bonus.

Now if Finn could only include camera height in the editor--LOL.
A Camera height adjustment is actually the one thing that is supposedly confirmed by the games devs if/when the implied patch is released.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
A Camera height adjustment is actually the one thing that is supposedly confirmed by the games devs if/when the implied patch is released.
They are going to fudge a bit with the cam,I believe they are doing a patch,Todd asked me for video for some issues I reported.So,hope that means something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 01:03 AM   #96
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
That's great news, thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker > Backbreaker Rosters »