Home

WRs dropping passes

This is a discussion on WRs dropping passes within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #17
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: WRs dropping passes

just played Raiders vs Bucs on Medium.. No issues with drops here, and in fact D Heywad-Bey was game MVP with over 100yrds receiving for me.. so you know there are no drop issues

noticed a few things..

on most 3rd downs, and long even, CPU calls draw play a LOT.
cpu running game is really bad.
cpu doesnt take many shots deep
Old 08-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Something is definitely up, played one game post-patch and have seen 4-5 nice catches that end up just being easily dropped do to getting grazed by a defender after the catch. This is heartbreaking because everything else about the patch is great. If some people aren't seeing it all, maybe it's being trigger by something specific, because this can't be intentional.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #19
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifflog
Something is definitely up, played one game post-patch and have seen 4-5 nice catches that end up just being easily dropped do to getting grazed by a defender after the catch. This is heartbreaking because everything else about the patch is great. If some people aren't seeing it all, maybe it's being trigger by something specific, because this can't be intentional.
It's a combination of difficulty, form, and mostly defensive secondary AI. Those of us that are having the issues probably have receivers with bad form (especially in season mode) and are playing good defenses on Hard. If you play anything above about a 65 defense (especially with playmaking corners or smart secondary) with average or worse form, that's when the problems start. Higher defenses are an absolute nightmare on Hard as they're always in great coverage and your receivers' form immediately goes down (unless you set it beforehand). Bad defenses like the Cougars, on the other hand, bite on every pump-fake and receivers then run wide open, even on Hard.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #20
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Why not just wait a few days before making a claim about anything. Im sure in a few days we can all figure out exactly what is off and how to be remedy it.

Just one day after the patch is not sufficient time.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 21

Dropped passes solved. Right when you catch the ball pull the agressive trigger and pull down on the right stick(protect the ball)

I have done it and have held on to balls even when getting blasted by the DB's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #22
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

My experience in playing the game as far as the drop passes go. I had 1 drop pass with no contact, but the other 4 was truly justified.

Every time they knocked the ball right out of his hands. Nothing to do with just the tackle. Every time they actually punched the ball out or hit the ball with their helmets.

I really loved it, now the running game is a whole other story lol.

Now this may help.

I had the difficulty on hard, and form on very good. Again the running game is another story.

Now your offensive lineman block realistically on passing plays, but simply atrocious on the running plays.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:44 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Dropped passes solved. Right when you catch the ball pull the agressive trigger and pull down on the right stick(protect the ball)

I have done it and have held on to balls even when getting blasted by the DB's
This works! thanks dude.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:24 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 4

Well my qb completion percentage was terrible, but I thought I was just rusty. But yeah, these wrs now have T.O. hands, t-rexing their routes and dropping the football. In some ways this game is better, but in other ways new problems were created, bummer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »