Home

The General Manager Career of Robert Osmond

This is a discussion on The General Manager Career of Robert Osmond within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

OVR: 0
The General Manager Career of Robert Osmond

Welcome to The General Manager Career of Robert Osmond

Red Sox Banner.jpg

Boston Red Sox's President of Baseball Operations, Dave Dombrowski, holds a press conference to announce the hiring of a new General Manager following Mike Hazen's departure to the Arizona Diamondbacks.

"Despite having earlier said that we would not be hiring a new General Manager, we have decided to change course and have hired Robert Osmond, a 24 year old fresh out of college, as our next General Manager. We thrilled to have him abroad and I am personally looking forward to working with him for a very long time."-Dave Dombrowski, Red Sox's President of Baseball Operations

"I am both thrilled and honored to have been given the chance to be the Red Sox's next General Manager. I looking forward to working with Dave, the entire coaching staff, and all the players in an attempt to bring another World Series title back to Boston."-Robert Osmond, Red Sox's GM

Last edited by RJ1992; 05-26-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2017, 10:56 AM   #2
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Re: The General Manager Career of Robert Osmond

General Information

My strategy in all this will be based on making solid drafting, smart trades, and smart free agency signings. I will try my best to keep trades and free agent signings as realistic as possible. I will play every game starting at the start of the 2017 Regular Season and am planning on carrying this franchise from MLB The Show 17 over into future MLB The Show video games. I have left on the ability to be fried and/or change teams during the course of your career so that it adds to the realism.

Settings:

Rosters:OSFM V2.5
Hitting/Baserunning Difficulty:Veteran
Pitching Difficulty:All-Star
Fielding Difficulty:Veteran
Starting Date:For the sake of time and since I am starting this franchise at such a late date I am forgoing playing Spring Training and am starting at the start of the 2017 Regular Season

How Often Will I Provide Updates:

I will start off by listing the team's history below in this same post. Next I will do a couching staff and free agency recap posts. Then I will do a Spring Training preview/post despite not actually playing any Spring Training games,which will consist of the team's 2017 Spring Training schedule and real life 2017 Spring Training record. Then I will do a start of 2017 Regular season update which will consist of things such as start of Regular Season Power Rankings and my MLB, Triple-A, and Double-A rosters plus the team's 2017 Regular Season schedule. Will also post updates relating to any potential trades I make and any major computer controlled team trades made throughout the season. Once I start playing regular season games I will post updates every two weeks of the regular season which will consists of things such as updated standings (both divisional and wildcard) stats (league leaders, award frontrunners, All-Star game voting, etc.). Again I will have separate/individual posts for trades, but, I will also have a separate/individual post for the draft. Finally, there will be a season recap post, playoff series recaps (should we make the playoffs), and lastly posts relating to key offseason signings. Finally, I would like it noted that I will focus mainly/mostly on the team(s) I am general manager of throughout my career.

May I now present to you my career as a MLB General Manager!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!

Team History

Team Names:Boston Red Sox, Boston Americans
Seasons:117 (1901 to current)
Record:9342-8728, .517 W-L%
Playoff Appearances:22
Pennants:13
World Championships:8
Winningest Manager:Joe Cronin, 1071-916, .539 W-L%

Last edited by RJ1992; 05-26-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:05 AM   #3
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Red Sox's 2017 Coaching Staff

Manager:John Farrell, B Attribute Grade, 1 year remaining on contract

Hitting Coach:Chili Davis, B Attribute Grade, 3 years remaining on contract

Pitching Coach:Carl Willis, A Attribute Grade, 4 years remaining on contract

1st Base Coach:Ruben Amaro, C Attribute Grade, 1 year remaining on contract

3rd Base Coach:Brian Butterfield, C Attribute Grade, 2 years remaining on contract

Farm Director:Rob Ackerman, B Attribute Grade, 4 years remaining on contract

Last edited by RJ1992; 05-26-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:13 AM   #4
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Red Sox's Key Offseason Additions

1)Starting Pitcher Chris Sale, Age 28, 95OVR, A Potential, 3 years remaining on contract

2)Relief Pitcher Tyler Thornburg, Age 28, 80OVR, C Potential, 1 year remaining on contract

3)1st Base Mitch Moreland, Age 31, 74OVR, C Potential, 1 year remaining on contract

Old 05-26-2017, 11:17 AM   #5
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Red Sox's 2017 Spring Training Schedule

Red Sox's 2017 Spring Training Schedule.gif

Boston Red Sox finish the 2017 Spring Training with a record of 18-14 for 4th best in the American League and 4th best in the Grapefruite League.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2017, 11:25 AM   #6
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Red Sox's Breaking News Update

Red Sox's rookie General Manager, Robert Osmond, holds press conference prior to the start of the 2017 Regular Season to make major announcement.

"We are thrilled to announce that longtime Red Sox's legend and DH David Ortiz has agreed to come out of retirement following this offseason's transactions to help us pursue another World Series title."-Robert Osmond

"I know that originally I had planned to retire following the 2016 season but following the Red Sox's offseason transactions such as landing star pitcher Chris Sale I saw that this team is primed for another World Series one. Plus I had an excellent season in 2016. I batted a what .300ish AVG with 30ish HR and 100 and some RBI. I feel like I have one more go round in me and am hoping that in 2017 I can go out a World Series champion as it is my belief that this team is now even better than we were back in 2016."-David Ortiz

Last edited by RJ1992; 05-26-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:50 PM   #7
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Start of 2017 Regular Season MLB Power Rankings
Old 05-26-2017, 12:52 PM   #8
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Red Sox's 2017 Regular Season Schedule